Hy guys,

After reading this very good blog for a while now, I just register in its forum after all.

Because I'm very sad and need your help
    I recently get a bumper thanks to apple free bumper program and was very satisfied with its quality.
    But I felt very disappointed to discover that the cable of my car radio didn't fit anymore though the bumper!

I searched for connector extender (or something like that) and hadn't been satisfied with what I found:
    - sendstation dock extender
    - radtech dock extender
    (sorry, I didn't post enough to be able to add links )

Have you the perfect solution only TiPD community experts can proposed me?

Thanks
    08-08-2010 03:44 PM
    up

nobody has ever been faced with this situation?
    08-10-2010 04:13 PM
    It's just that no one has found a solution yet...or they stopped using the bumper. Someone in a similar thread took a Dremel tool and cut down the plug to fit into the bumper.
    08-10-2010 07:01 PM
    The guy who used a dremel did a good job. It looked great. If I have an issue I will break out my dremel too.
    08-10-2010 07:20 PM
    I have the same prob. I have no idea if a dremel will solve the problem. Maybe this is worth looking:

The Philips Hardcase with silicone DLM1391 for iPhone4 (search google, can't post pics because of low postingrate).

on the website i can see clearly a larger whole.

I already bought 5 pieces of bumpers, but non satisfied me yet. Most of the time the power button doesn't work. I really want to use me new bumpercarholder + my alpine carradio. Desperate here, shame of Apple.
    09-09-2010 05:06 AM
    Fortunately I found a DockExtender at GadgetBoost.com that works for both the Element and the iPhone 4 Bumper ~ I was so frustrated taking my cases off...it is pretty basic but did the trick :eek :
    10-09-2010 08:01 PM
    I used the dremel on mine to widen the dock connector and headphone holes. Took about 5-10 minutes, and now everything fits.

Just have to be careful and go slow, you can't un-carve
    10-10-2010 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD