Have you gotten your case from Apple?

XSKITZO2010X

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Just curious as to how many people have received their cases, as mine was originally projected to ship September 3rd, and I received it in the mail today. I'd attach a pic, but I'm writing this from my phone

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on July 27th and it shipped yesterday. Should be here in a couple days. BTW I ordered the bumper case.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Everyone I know who has received their free cases by now has ordered the bumper case. No one I know who ordered any other case has received their case yet (including me). It's a pretty safe bet that Apple has plenty of bumper cases ready for delivery and will need more time to get the other cases out.

zacharace

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I like mine in the fact that it's not just some cheap silicone bumper, it's got the nice metal buttons and hard plastic too

I'm really surprised at how solid (and aesthetically pleasing) the Bumpers really are. My friend just got his (black in color) and it really adds a lot to the phone--and this coming from a case skeptic! :rolleyes:

Have yet to receive mine, but I just ordered it earlier in the week.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm really surprised at how solid (and aesthetically pleasing) the Bumpers really are.

Solid? I see this as a flimsy piece of thin plastic with rubber. It does look nice, but it's got that cheap feeling to it. I don't see it lasting a full year with normal use. I value it at $2.99.

Last edited:

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Griffin Motif and it was originally supposed to ship Sept. 7. I got an email yesterday saying that it has already shipped! I couldn't see anything in the tracking info until this morning and it shipped out of Illinois, doesn't have an expected delivery date but I'm keeping an eye out for it. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

I started out with the clear Belkin Grip Vue and it started turning yellow/brown after a few weeks. Returned it as faulty and got a Griffin Reveal. I like this case a lot better, but I got the white one and it's starting to look really dirty. Kind of frustrating that I've only had it a week and it looks like I've been carrying it around for a year, but luckily Griffin has great customer service. I apparently got one from their first batch of cases that has a problem with reflection off the case in flash pictures. They have shipped me a replacement case that is supposed to have fixed that issue, plus I have the Griffin Motif diamond smoke coming to me and a Griffin Reveal Etch for my hubby. I can switch cases depending on my mood, but I still need to get a bright, colorful one once they start coming out. LOL!

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I can switch cases depending on my mood, but I still need to get a bright, colorful one once they start coming out. LOL!

YES!!! Right now I have a black case and I ordered the Smoke one from Apple. I, too, am waiting for bright, colorful ones to come out so it doesn't look so manly!!

XSKITZO2010X

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Solid? I see this as a flimsy piece of thin plastic with rubber. It does look nice, but it's got that cheap feeling to it. I don't see it lasting a full year with normal use. I value it at $2.99.

I actually disagree, I was extremely skeptical about the bumpers when they were released, however when I received mine I was very pleased with both the aesthetic and firm feel of the bumper on my phone. Would I buy it for $30? Probably not, but i probably would if it were priced at $20 instead.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I also think the bumper case is actually pretty nice. I think it will last a long time. I also have the Incipio Feather and I hate it. There's no protection for the front of the phone whereas the bumper has a little lip that can help prevent the face from touching when laid on a table. (I hate screen protectors and don't use one.) In addition, the Feather easily scratches (even with a fingernail) and already looks horrible after just one week of use. I'll stick with the bumper for now.

sirmastersephiroth

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I got mine today and I love the look and feel. They also shipped it to my P.O. Box. I was worried that it would be returned but, as an Apple representative told me on the phone, DHL just hands it to USPS making the delivery transaction seamless, whereas UPS and Fed-Ex will return it to the sender if it's delivered to a PO BOX.

jMunar

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine came in last week, before it said it would ship by the end of Aug, then got confirmation that it shipped and I would have it by Aug 2 and I actually got it 3 days before that.

I am actually very pleased with the bumper. I thought it would have more of a squishy, flimsy feel to it, but it's very solid and a great fit, the buttons for the sleep and volume control I did not expect it to be the same material as it is on the actual phone which is great. As for the reception it seems like it actually got a little worse, but so far no dropped calls with or without the case for me so far!

99killers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Got mine too. Just because it was free but it has taken my iPhone to new levels. Reception and download speeds have increased significantly. I want to buy a spare/back-up but unfortunately they're not available anywhere.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I got my email on Monday should be @ my door step on Aug 11th , but it is shipping DHL so I hope it gets to me OK .