iP4 Car Mount

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got a Satechi car mount that I bought from Amazon (link at the bottom) that I like, and I figured I'd let you all know. the mount itself actually comes with two different style holders/mounts for your phone. One of them holds the phone sans case/bumper pretty snugly even though it slooks to have been designed for the 3GS. The second is the one I put on because it has clamping arms that will hold a phone with the case on it. That is a rare commodity in the mount market.

Everything seems to be well made and looks like it will hold up well. One thing I am a little upset about, though, is the "smart Pad" that they give you with the phone. It is supposed to stick to the dash so that you can mount your phone to the dash instead of the windshield. this is one of the main reasons that I bought the mount. When I tried to install the pad, though, it wouldn't stick to anything. Its pretty much useless. Even though I was hoping to avoid it, I have it mounted on my windshield and it actually works out ok. I have a Grand Cherokee and when mounted on the windshield, the mounting arm is still long enough to be within a comfortable reach.

Overall, I'm quite happy with this mount. If anyone is looking for a mount that will fit over a an iP4 with a bumper/case, this is the one for you.

Amazon.com: Satechi SCR-31 Car Holder & Mount for iPhone 4, 3G & 3Gs, BlackBerry, HTC EVO, DROID on Windshield and Dashboard: Electronics

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in this mount but have one question.....is it portable? By that I mean are my able to take it off and put in another car if I choose to? I travel a lot and would like to take it with me so I can have navigation readily available.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It is easily portable, but it has a fairly large footprint for a mount. You can't disassemble the suction cup from the arm, but you can take the phone holster off the arm.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Look at www.proclip.com for a more complete selection of car holders. I've used a lot of different holders from this company in different cars and with different devices. Their engineering never disappoints me. I am a very low volume reseller and I will sell to you at my cost just to maintain my reseller deal with them. Inquiries by PM only.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Look at www.proclip.com for a more complete selection of car holders. I've used a lot of different holders from this company in different cars and with different devices. Their engineering never disappoints me. I am a very low volume reseller and I will sell to you at my cost just to maintain my reseller deal with them. Inquiries by PM only.

Yeah, when I click on the link the site is blocked by my work's firewall for "sex". What kind of site are you tryng to lead us to?

EDIT: Don't anyone bother going to that link. It's a worthless search bot that has NO products that I could find.

Last edited:

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think that the previous reader meant to say "the link doesn't work, did you make a typo?"
Try ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts
You're welcome!

No, I meant what I said. That first link you posted was bunk. I looked at the second link you posted and the clips look alright, but after you figure out what mount and then holster you need, you're looking at upwards of $70 for the whole system. A lot more expensive than simple windshiled mounts.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just bought this Arkon SM410 and am happy with it. The suction mechanism is very strong. Plastic seems to be high quality. My only concern is the release mechanism for the two arms that hold the phone from the sides. I'm not sure how that will hold up with extended, frequent use.

Reactions: tritan

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I just bought this Arkon SM410 and am happy with it. The suction mechanism is very strong. Plastic seems to be high quality. My only concern is the release mechanism for the two arms that hold the phone from the sides. I'm not sure how that will hold up with extended, frequent use.

Going on a year with no issues. Use it every day.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the second link you posted and the clips look alright, but after you figure out what mount and then holster you need, you're looking at upwards of $70 for the whole system. A lot more expensive than simple windshiled mounts.
You get what you pay for. ProClip's device mounts are all I use.

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You get what you pay for. ProClip's device mounts are all I use.

Totally agree. Love my proclip. I bought one when I had an EVO and the same one works just fine with the 4s so the price isn't bad if you factor in how long you will be able to use the thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW