Looking for a bluetooth headset that works

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have tried different bluetooth accessories with my ip4 and have had no luck. The sound quality on these things is horrendous and the one I bought that could ALSO be used to play music was a piece of crap. It was the Motorola S9 Stereo Bluetooth Headset for iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.

The sound quality of music was all tinny... no bass at all. Voices on phone calls were so silent and distant even on 100% volume.

Does anyone have a bluetooth that actually works? what's the price of the one you bought?

Currently it is very difficult to wear the earbuds the ip4 comes with (they dont stay in my ears and it's impossible to drive stick with wires everywhere).

Let me know what you have by posting here. Thanks!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have both the Blueant Q1 and the Jawbone Icon. Both have A2DP and can play music. Voice calls are crystal clear on both, and I'm very happy with both of them, although it seems the range of the Blueant far surpasses the Icon.

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
oh thank you ... i didnt specify and should have, but those are single ear ones... I'm looking for something to replace the ear buds the iphone comes with... so i can listen to music too. It would have to be dual ear to work

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I have the Altec Lansing Backbeats and have been very happy with them. My only problem is that I have very small ears and sometimes they don't hook over my ears just right, but the sound is great, both on my iPhone and my iMac. I found them online for $49 by googling them for best price.

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Alli. Yes I did look at those but they are super expensive. Lynda I'm going to look into yours. Is the bass quality good and dual ear?

Lynd. Are those Bluetooth? I drive a manual car and get caught up in wires

Last edited:

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yup, the Altec Lansings are bluetooth. I got them because I spend a lot of time in the garden and was getting tangled up in the plants all the time. Stereo, and the bass is very good - I listen to a lot of classic 60's rock and it sounds great! Retail is $98 or so; you can find them MUCH cheaper by googling. I paid $48 I think...

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mystic, I couldn't reply to your PM because I don't have enough posts...here is my answer: I have the 903's. The only difference between the 906 and the 903 is the "dongle" that comes with the 906 for phones that aren't bluetooth ready.

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Lynda,
I just ordered the Altec Lansing Backbeats 903 for 39.99! i love sales!

I read hundreds of reviews on 3 different sets.... Altec, Samsung and Motorola and these far surpassed.

thanks!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Lynda,
I just ordered the Altec Lansing Backbeats 903 for 39.99! i love sales!

I read hundreds of reviews on 3 different sets.... Altec, Samsung and Motorola and these far surpassed.

thanks!

Problem with the 903's is that if you have the phone in ur pocket, it will cut out often.

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks farbod but i never have my phone in my pocket and talk on a headset...i feel silly looking like i'm talking to myself. No-- the phone part of it is just for the car and music is for the gym and my phone would be in front of me while i'm on the treadmill or elliptical, etc.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I love my Plantronics Voyager PRO+ ... It is the most comfortable headset that I have used, has great volume and really like having a battery gauge on my iP4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73