AT&T Screen Protectors?

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting pretty desperate to replace my Zagg (HATE, HATE, HATE the texture), and I've been looking at the alternatives. From what I've been reading, AT&T's branded screen protectors are actually repackaged case-mate models. Can anyone confirm this for sure?

Also, do any of you have experience with them? They're cheap ($10 for 3), but I didn't know if they were crap.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Avoid. If they're the same Case Mate ones I had, they are absolutely awful. Get yourself either PoweSupport or Steinheil SGP protectors, anything else and you'll be disappointed.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Avoid. If they're the same Case Mate ones I had, they are absolutely awful. Get yourself either PoweSupport or Steinheil SGP protectors, anything else and you'll be disappointed.

Are the Steinheil ones any good? I've had the Power support for my 3Gs, but they've gotten more expensive.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm just trying to avoid spending the $20 on PS protectors. I've heard mixed things about the Case-mate models, and I'm still considering them. (against my better judgement)

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, I have actually had good luck with the Case-Mate. I have never purchased one but only used the ones that came with cases. I just purchased the new Tough case for my 4 and the included SP was decent. Its not as good as either mentioned above but it does have some nice features. The cut outs are a bit larger so they are easier to align. Also the SP is smaller so it fits inside the screen a bit better and makes room for a case like a bumper so it doesn't bubble.

Now, as far as the other 2 mentioned, they are the best. My thoughts are from 3GS usage but I did use an SGP Crystal on my 4 included with one of their carbon fiber skins. I actually would rate the SGP better than the Power Support (antiglare models). The SGP just fits better for cases. Like the CM above, it is a bit smaller and allows you to use more slider type cases. Also, I think the SGP has a better translucency. Its not quite as thick and the matte finish is not as dense.

I am on the verge of ordering some of the SGP oleopheobic(sic) ones. They supposedly have the same coating as the screen and resist fingerprints while being clear. Also they are cheaper. I would go SGP if you are ordering.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Went to Walmart for kicks to see if they had any cases, and they not only had some hard to find Belkin cases, but they also had Case-mate screen protectors for $8. Since they were that cheap, I just decided to pick them up and take my chances. I'm not expecting them to be as good as SGP or Power Support (the latter of which I think are easily the best protectors available), but they'll do for the time being. Hopefully apple store's will start stocking the new power support models soon so I don't have to pay for shipping.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Went to Walmart for kicks to see if they had any cases, and they not only had some hard to find Belkin cases, but they also had Case-mate screen protectors for $8. Since they were that cheap, I just decided to pick them up and take my chances. I'm not expecting them to be as good as SGP or Power Support (the latter of which I think are easily the best protectors available), but they'll do for the time being. Hopefully apple store's will start stocking the new power support models soon so I don't have to pay for shipping.

And I'm ordering the PS model today. The Case-mate ones are fine, I guess, but they have a design and manufacturing defect in the cut-outs for the earpiece. Instead of having one cutout, they have two, which results in the piece between the two cutouts unable to sit flat and 'adhere' to the phone.

vicky222114

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Relay

Well, I have actually had good luck with the Case-Mate. I have never purchased one but only used the ones that came with cases. I just purchased the new Tough case for my 4 and the included SP was decent. Its not as good as either mentioned above but it does have some nice features. The cut outs are a bit larger so they are easier to align. Also the SP is smaller so it fits inside the screen a bit better and makes room for a case like a bumper so it doesn't bubble.

Now, as far as the other 2 mentioned, they are the best. My thoughts are from 3GS usage but I did use an SGP Crystal on my 4 included with one of their carbon fiber skins. I actually would rate the SGP better than the Power Support (antiglare models). The SGP just fits better for cases. Like the CM above, it is a bit smaller and allows you to use more slider type cases. Also, I think the SGP has a better translucency. Its not quite as thick and the matte finish is not as dense.

I am on the verge of ordering some of the SGP oleopheobic(sic) ones. They supposedly have the same coating as the screen and resist fingerprints while being clear. Also they are cheaper. I would go SGP if you are ordering.

Supports! i hope there is no such troubles when using your Phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods