Otterbox Defender VS Seido Rugged Combo

tommyb_23

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I am considering both of these case the otterbox defender and the sedio rugged. Anyone look into the rugged yet? It seems very cool and imo looks a little better than the otterbox. Also the rugged is 2 diff cases combined first case is the innocase surface the you put on rugged silicon on top of that and then the rugged skeleton,then it fits in holster which looks on pics any way to be more secure than otterbox. I like the fact that you can take off the rugged componests and use the innocase surface case when you dont need that much protection. Link to rugged combo http: //www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-hkr4iph4.htm
Link to seido innocase surface Innocase II Surface, Sapphire Blue For use with Apple iPhone 4

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I've always liked any products from Otterbox, and since they are the same price (on their site)...I'd go with Otterbox.

Here's the new Otterbox Defender for $38 shipped.

Amazon.com: Otterbox Iphone 4 Defender Case: Electronics

The other week, Amazon had them for $19.99...looks like it was a price mistake, and is now backordered, but I was able to pick one up. I haven't ever heard of Innocase though. So I suppose this post is a bit biased. haha.

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the Otter Box Defender Case on my Blackberry Bold 9000 and have been using it for about 2 years. The case is alittle beatup now but my phone is pretty much like new. The only scratches on my phone are from when I've taken it out of the case on the weekends. I work outside and have dropped my phone many times and also work around alot of dusty areas and the Otter Case has worked perfect in protecting my phone. I've even sent an email to Ofter Box telling them how much I loved their case.

Also, the plastic screen protected started to wear out awhile back and I emailed them to Ty to order another one a d they sent me 3 for free.

The Otter Box is bulky and I knit use the case that comes with it, but in my experience it protects the phone better than I expected it too.

So yeah, I ordered the Otter Box for work and will use the free case from Apple for the weekend, unless I can find another bumper like case that also profects the front as well as the back.

tictactes

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Here is my 2 cents. I have used the Innocase for the HTC phone I used to have and it was very durable. Has an inner hard shell case that surrounds the actual phone and then a soft skin cover goes over that and then a plastic part goes over the soft section which makes for some serious protection. Along with this it can then clip into the belt clip or be used just like it is. The other thing that the innocase has are port covers. On the HTC phone it covered the speaker for the ringer so it would not sound as loud when the phone rang, but on the flip side the cover did protect the camera lense. The one thing I did not like about it was the screen protector that was included. Within a few days it had a nice scratch on it. A simple fix for that would be a Skinomi or Zagg screen. I will be waiting for the Innocase for the iPhone 4 only because with the Otterbox they leave an opening for the Apple logo and with the thickness of the case it looks tacky in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods