The more this thread goes on, the more I like HankAZ
    Thanks, big9erfan... man, I just don't get it.
    07-23-2010 04:22 PM
    Thanks, big9erfan... man, I just don't get it.
    You and me both. Too many people have this feeling of being entitled to something, and even after it's given to them, they want more b/c they think they can get away with it. I don't get what's wrong with working for something anymore. Maybe it's just the firm hand I was raised with and taught not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
    07-23-2010 04:25 PM
    Dude its just a case get over yourself. If you don't want to do it more power to you. Let the rest of us do what apple apparently is allowing since I ordered both under the same apple id and was still allowed to get a second one free of charge.
    07-23-2010 05:57 PM
    Dude its just a case get over yourself. If you don't want to do it more power to you. Let the rest of us do what apple apparently is allowing since I ordered both under the same apple id and was still allowed to get a second one free of charge.
    +1 to that
    07-23-2010 07:27 PM
    There is nothing to get over. It's a matter of doing what's right. Period. End of story.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 07-23-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    07-23-2010 07:30 PM
    it's not just a case it's the ethics of the situation. It doesn't matter if it's a big company like Apple or some small startup the point is if you got refunded then that's that. I'm really not trying to change your mind because seriously this is just a forum I'm just adding my opinion.
    07-23-2010 07:31 PM
    And people wonder why this country is so messed up. It's not the leadership. It's the masses. Ethical behavior has left the building.
    If it's not yours don't touch it and do the right thing,even if no ones looking.
    07-23-2010 09:22 PM
    I just started this thread because I'm not satisfied with the bumper I bought so I wanted other options...not to scam the system which is the conclusion I assumed everyone would jump to.
    07-23-2010 10:03 PM
    I think Apple has confused itself at this point. I did not d/l the case app this morning since I knew I'd be refunded. I got email this afternoon that my refund was being processed (has not appeared in my checking account yet). A few minutes ago I received a 2nd email from Apple telling me I was eligible for a free case and I should d/l the app and choose my case. So I did.
    07-23-2010 11:13 PM
    I think Apple has confused itself at this point. I did not d/l the case app this morning since I knew I'd be refunded. I got email this afternoon that my refund was being processed (has not appeared in my checking account yet). A few minutes ago I received a 2nd email from Apple telling me I was eligible for a free case and I should d/l the app and choose my case. So I did.
    I just got it as well. saying I should d/l the app and get a case. If apple is telling me to do it then who am I to say no.
    07-23-2010 11:32 PM
    +1 to that
    -1 to that.
    07-23-2010 11:35 PM
    I just got it as well. saying I should d/l the app and get a case. If apple is telling me to do it then who am I to say no.
    Are you seriously a ****ing moron? If a crack dealer told you to take money out of the bank vault because, there was no reason NOT to, would you?
    07-24-2010 02:50 AM
    I just started this thread because I'm not satisfied with the bumper I bought so I wanted other options...not to scam the system which is the conclusion I assumed everyone would jump to.
    Your options were plenty when you bought the iPhone 4. There were about 9 different choices when I purchased the phone on June 24, 2010.
    07-24-2010 02:50 AM
    What the **** ever. I had a 32 GB iPhone 4 GIVEN to me yesterday by APPLE. I decided it was UNETHICAL and wrong. So, I took it back. Why? Because I'm not a thief.
    07-24-2010 02:52 AM
    I am not a mod here, but you know everybody looks at things differently. Though I may not do something, others will and are within their prerogative to do so. No one here should be judging anyone or laying their moral values on anyone else. Time will take care of those who act without consideration for their actions in the form of consequences. Calling each other names in such a judgmental way isn't exactly a good example either.

I think if Apple gives folks a refund and then turns around and send them an email telling them to go get a free bumper or case many will do it. Apple needs to get their crap together! Many will feel that is on them and no judgement is necessary.
    07-24-2010 03:18 AM
    I personally wouldn't want to mess with a company like Apple. We openly give our credit card information to them via iTunes.. they could just charge you for the extra case if they wanted.
    07-24-2010 03:28 AM
    I personally wouldn't want to mess with a company like Apple. We openly give our credit card information to them via iTunes.. they could just charge you for the extra case if they wanted.
    Indeed like I said for every action there is a consequence. Sometimes folks don't realize that until that consequence happens! If Apple catches it and charges them good, if they don't then I suppose that is on Apple.
    07-24-2010 03:35 AM
    Is Apple allowing people to obtain a refund for purchasing a bumper case? ; Yes

Is Apple providing a free case along with the refund? : Yes

Apple is run by intelligent people, and you think they're not aware of people getting a refund and getting the free case? That in itself is quite funny.

And a 25 cent piece of plastic is still a 25 cent piece of plastic, no matter what price tag I throw on it. Apple is knowingly giving both the bumper and a free case to customers and this is unethical? lol
    07-24-2010 06:40 AM
    According to the few here, this is unethical!

Good for you! I would have done the same.

Now I wish they had bumpers in stock when I got my phone.
    07-24-2010 06:50 AM
    I am definitely judging the actions of some people and will continue to do so. There is no grey area here. Although there is much more to a person as a whole than just one action. I am not qualified to judge the whole person only judging the action. And it seems the OP has now changed his tune. So good job everyone!

With all these people trying to scam two cases out of apple do you really think it doesn't effect others around them? How about clogging up the system or causing shortages so others have to wait? Self centeredness (egoism) is the cause of most of our problems so let's practice some neighborly consideration
    Last edited by chobbs1; 07-24-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    07-24-2010 09:22 AM

With all these people trying to scam two cases out of apple do you really think it doesn't effect others around them? How about clogging up the system or causing shortages so threes have to wait
    You mean like all those people who only want a white iPhone but got a black iPhone (causing June 15th pre-orders to cause massive problems, and ridiculously long lines on June 24th)? All those people determined to only use the black iPhone until the white ones were released...but will now be stuck with the black ones cause the white are delayed and that "scam" didn't work?
    07-24-2010 09:27 AM
    Exactly! That's it! Now your thinking!

Sometimes things don't work out like we plan. But I try and do things that I can live with. If I wanted I
    A white one I would've waited. But then I would have been disappointed. But not disappointed by my own actions. It is,after all, just a phone. An I had one so I would have been ok
    07-24-2010 09:51 AM
    I am not a mod here, but you know everybody looks at things differently. Though I may not do something, others will and are within their prerogative to do so. No one here should be judging anyone or laying their moral values on anyone else. Time will take care of those who act without consideration for their actions in the form of consequences. Calling each other names in such a judgmental way isn't exactly a good example either.

I think if Apple gives folks a refund and then turns around and send them an email telling them to go get a free bumper or case many will do it. Apple needs to get their crap together! Many will feel that is on them and no judgement is necessary.
    See this is the problem with the world no one thinks anyone else should get involved or tell them what they are doing right or wrong. It's the attitude like why should I get involved they'll get what's coming to them eventually. This is a forum where people voive their opinions maybe someone came in the thread looking to do the same thing and after reading this didn't or maybe it's the opposite that's life. The way I see it it's like you have 10G in your account you saved to buy a car you go to the bank machine and leave your card in there. Now by the logic if I see the balance 10G Damn they are rich I'll take 5Gs or more. So which person would you want walking up to the machine? Anyway like I said it's a forum it's not Sunday school so it's certainly not going to change anyone's mind.
    07-24-2010 11:15 AM
    You mean like all those people who only want a white iPhone but got a black iPhone (causing June 15th pre-orders to cause massive problems, and ridiculously long lines on June 24th)? All those people determined to only use the black iPhone until the white ones were released...but will now be stuck with the black ones cause the white are delayed and that "scam" didn't work?
    Alli that's totally different if Apple had said we'll exchange the black phone for a white one or credit you if your order is not complete so you take the one you have for a refund and then use an app to order a free white one using the old phone's serial that would be more like this situation unless I got it all wrong?
    07-24-2010 11:18 AM
    I too received a email saying that I had been refunded and then right afterwords received a email telling me to download the app and select my free case, I did this as well. I don't think it's stealing, simply following instructions sent by apple. Personally I thought the bumper was garbage and haven't used it since iDay ... I am glad that they gave me another alternative.
    07-24-2010 11:34 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD