Looking for slim factor case recommendations

deviladv

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
I loved the apple bumper case for my iPhone 4. It felt good, looked good, and protected the phone in a minimalist manner. However, the case had a flaw that made me have to return it. It doesn't work well with docks, older cables or third party cables. The hole in the bottom of the case wasn't big enough for anything except the cables that have shipped with the iPhone itself.

So I'm looking for recommendations on a slim form factor cases that work well with accessories like radios and speakers with docks. The Barely There cases look good, but I'm open minded and am looking for other suggestions as well. It makes no difference to me if the back is open or not. I also prefer darker colors, particularly a darker red, but black is just fine.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Incipio Feather or SwitchEasy Nude.

the switch easy nude case is awesome!!! depending on which free cases apple authorizes i might buy the ultra clear one. it protects the entire phone (mins screen obviously) and still shows off the ENTIRE phone and for $20 WOW!!!

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Bodyglove has a nice one I got free at radio shack with my 4. It's got the rubber on the sides like a bumper and a clear acrylic back. The top and bottom are open for access.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I just got the SwitchEasy nude. It has a really slim feel to it, and really amplifies the "slab" feel to the phone. On the downside, it won't really protect against dropping, and the lip doesn't extend above the front glass (thus providing no protection when laying face down).

I also have an iFrogz Luxe Lean case - very nice feel to it. A little more bulk that the Nude, and it actually has a soft padd on the back to prevent scratching the front glass. The lip does extend above the front glass, so placing it face down is not going to risk the front glass.

Both of these are made from a single piece of plastic, and basically snap on and off. The iFrogz case was easier to get on and off.

Chris

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
the switcheasy nude catches dust particles in it and may have been the cause of some light scratches on my stainless steel...use with caution and clean often.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Incipio Feather gets my vote. I use mine on my iPhone 4 and it docks in my JBL Speaker Dock, XM Sat Radio Skydock, iKicker Boombox Dock, plus the Apple universal dock with no issue whatsoever. Protects the sides and back, doesn't do much for the top and bottom, but the bottom being open is why you can dock it. I had this case for my 3GS too and it was great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh