At first, I thought the hole by the headphone jack is for the sim card only to realize the sim tray goes in side. I am curious to know what that hole is for because I put the end of a staple in it in an attempt to take out the sim tray(not knowing that it's on the side) and I'm afraid i might have broke something. Also there is a line next to this hole, I would appreciate it if someone told me what this for as well. Thanks in advance.
    07-09-2010 04:16 PM
    It's the second noise cancelling microphone...
    07-09-2010 04:18 PM
    It's the second noise cancelling microphone...
    it is also talked about on the iPhone page at Apple's website

Apple - iPhone 4 - Design of the display, A4 processor, and more
    07-09-2010 04:28 PM
    So has something been broken when I poked a staple in it or no? How do I find out? Thanks
    07-09-2010 04:36 PM
    So has something been broken when I poked a staple in it or no? How do I find out? Thanks
    Dude, why would you just start poking stuff when you have no idea what its for?? Anyway, you can't find out really, its a noise cancelling mic, make some calls, if people say your quality sucks you'll know it works or not....

lesson learned kids, just dont go poke crap when ya have no idea what its for....
    07-09-2010 04:51 PM
    ^^^ i was really excited to get my iPhone that I just assumed that the hole was for the sim card
    07-09-2010 04:59 PM
    Ouch. That was painful to read. I really hope you didn't break any thing.
    07-09-2010 05:04 PM
    ^^^ i was really excited to get my iPhone that I just assumed that the hole was for the sim card
    You assumed it was for the sim card, despite not having any signs of any kind of tray next to it? and you didnt notice the huge *** tray on the right side? Just sayin' if you got a new Jaguar, would your run a knife on the interior/exterior to see what kind of paint was on the car???
    07-09-2010 05:10 PM
    The last time I went around just poking at stuff without knowing why; I ended up with children. Lessoned learned. Think and research before you just start poking.
    07-09-2010 05:11 PM
    I guess the other hole on the right side (if the phones front is facing you) of the antenna didn't peak your interest did it?
    07-09-2010 05:12 PM
    The last time I went around just poking at stuff without knowing why; I ended up with children. Lessoned learned. Think and research before you just start poking.
    Hahaha, you went where I wanted to, but didnt post it! kudos bro, I laughed!
    07-09-2010 05:13 PM
    I don't know I made a mistake but I just made a couple calls and thankfully nothing happened and the person I called couldn't hear my music in the background so it's all good.
    07-09-2010 05:13 PM
    I don't know I made a mistake but I just made a couple calls and thankfully nothing happened and the person I called couldn't hear my music in the background so it's all good.
    Well good for you. Next time you may want to do a little research before you go poking stuff that you are unsure about.
    07-09-2010 05:24 PM
    the last time i went around just poking at stuff without knowing why; i ended up with children. Lessoned learned. Think and research before you just start poking.
    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-09-2010 08:42 PM
    Try poking that hole right in the front next to the other hole...see if something happens,...then check back with us on Facetime...ive been DYING to try it, just dont have the "guts" too...
    07-09-2010 08:48 PM
    I have to admit, this thread made me laugh, really laugh.
    07-09-2010 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD