Ivyskin Reception case for iPhone 4

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Looks good. My only concern would be the back, I could forsee small dust particles getting between the case and the phone, which would just annoy me! Depends how 'close' to the iPhone it actually gets.

Do like the simplicity and slimness of it though.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It looks great in the pictures, but the persona answering the questions has made is very clear that while they have an anti-scratch coating that over time it will get scratched. I can see that happening very quickly. It will be interesting to see the reviews once this case is actually in use for a while. I am not much on clear cases myself, but it does allow the beauty of the phone to show through.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Call me a sucker, I went ahead and ordered one. I figure if nothing else, it will be one of the few cases that can definitely be used if you already have a body guard installed. Frankly, that's a big plus.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Call me a sucker, I went ahead and ordered one. I figure if nothing else, it will be one of the few cases that can definitely be used if you already have a body guard installed. Frankly, that's a big plus.

sucker! :D
you can call me one too cause I ordered as well... for that price, might as well try ,,, this whole iphone 4 thing has caused me issues with cases, cause I got one for the 3G after months of research and last year I didnt have any issues since the 3GS was identical to 3G :p

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Do report back and let us know what they're like. I don't normally "do" clear plastic cases but this is a little different.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I think that is a big plus the ability to use this thing even though you already have protection on your phone. If it works with the Zagg Invisible Shield as thick as they are, it will work with almost any of them. My feather case has worked nicely going right on top of my Invisible Shield.

Like others I am curious to see some pictures and of course to see how it holds up.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I think the ivyskin website said that shipping is supposed to begin 7/16, but they are shown in stock. I ordered mine on the 8th and the status does not yet show as shipped.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have not gotten mine yet, but I also did not get the email saying not to expect it before the end of the month - I know a few people who have and are very disappointed.

My order says complete...dunno if they change it to show shipped or not.

I'm really anxious for it though. I had to go to Best Buy today to get something. I couldn't stand it any longer.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Alli

I called them up and they said the earliest they'd ship them would be a week from Friday. So I told them to cancel my order.
I'm gonna look around for something better , but for now my skins will do.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for posting the shipping update. I just cancelled too. I'm going to try one if the perimeter skins from etsy.com. Anyone see other interesting skins for just the edge?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Dang!That's outrageous. What is with companies these days? "Ships in 3-5 days" right on the website should follow...stocked in 3-5 weeks!

acautivar5

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
BUYERS BEWARE! Ivyskin has charged peoples credit cards and haven't shipped their products yet. I made my purchase on July 11, recieved shipping notification on July 19th, and as of today (July 30) the tracking info still shows "Electronic info Received". The company does not answer their phones or reply to emails.

Many users are reporting the same problem. Here is a link to another forum: Ivyskin Reception Case - shipping confirmation? - Page 20 - Mac Forums

BBB rating went from A- to "no rating"

"As of 7/29/10, BBB has received 25 complaints regarding delivery of products ordered by consumers; most involve the iPhone 4 reception case. These complaints are currently pending as BBB is waiting for the company's response." - BBB

BBB Review of Ivyskin.com in South Hackensack, NJ

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I got one brief email from them telling me that if I hadn't received the case by Aug 2 they would issue me a refund. But they are no longer replying to emails or answering the phone.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
refund

If you get your credit card bill, just protest the charge. American Express makes it very easy to get satisfaction - worth the annual fee...at least for me; I've never been burned.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I got it. They have not refunded my shipping cost and I doubt they will. It's ... just ... a ... back shell. It doesn't come up high enough in the front to call it a case. It's in the drawer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner