As old accessories' connectors do not fit on the iPhone4 with bumpers or a case someone should make an adaptor that would fit on the end of a cord (like a car charger or iTrip) and fit into the slimmer iPhone4 opening. Seems simple to make. I would buy a couple!
    07-07-2010 02:07 PM
    I found just such an adapter from SendStation....but the current model still doesn't fit the bumper case. I emailed the company, however, and according to the response below it looks like they'll have one soon enough:

Thanks for your interest in SendStations line of iPod, iPhone and Mac accessories.

We have absolutely no idea what the Apple engineers had in mind when they've created the Bumper case. The Bumper case breaks with almost any iPod accessory. To overcome this issue, we are working on a revision of the Dock Extender and a Dock Extension Cable too.

If you want to get notified when it becomes available, simply subscribe to our newsletter by sending any email to <news-on@sendstation.com>. You can unsubscribe at any time and there is no need to worry: we do hate spam too.

Best regards,
    Sean Preyer

----------------------------------------------------------
    SendStation Systems
    Groe Spillingsgasse 14
    60385 Frankfurt/Main email support@sendstation.com
    [Germany] Web SendStation - Experts in iPod connectivity. Creators of quality accessories.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Murphy5156; 07-08-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
    07-08-2010 04:17 PM
    Thanks. It is amazing that Apple did this - but I knew somebody would see the market need and make one.
    07-09-2010 04:12 PM
    I already fixed my bumper case...

with my Dremel

Still, annoying that Apple went this route.
    07-09-2010 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD