Hey all. just wanted to heads up fellow So Cal users here on these forums that colored iphone bumpers are available at the following Apple Stores. Topanga Canyon, Thousand Oaks, Santa Monica, Simi Valley. Personally I spotted them at the Topanga store(got blue, but they had black, white and blue). My lady saw orange, black and white in santa monica....and two friends saw just black at Simi and TO. So heads up kids, theyre out there!

Pics of my blue below: NOTE SOME BUMPERS ARENT THE SAME AS OTHERS, SOME HAVE A MORE "GRIP" FEEL TO THEM, OTHERS ARE SLICK!!!! As noted on other forums, and w/ my own eyes comparing my blue to a friends black.

07-04-2010 05:52 PM
    No thanks. Overpriced IMO. And the blue looks too feminine.
    07-04-2010 06:12 PM
    No thanks. Overpriced IMO. And the blue looks too feminine.
    cool story, but wasn't looking for opinions. just giving a heads up....

BTW, totally painting my future sons room pink, blue is to girly...
    07-04-2010 06:16 PM
    Well you got an opinion anyway.
    07-04-2010 06:17 PM
    Well you got an opinion anyway.
    Thanks for the insight....
    07-04-2010 06:20 PM
    Looks good man, i just my incipio...chk the iphone 4 cases thread
    07-04-2010 06:28 PM
    Looks good man, i just my incipio...chk the iphone 4 cases thread
    Incipio makes a great case.
    07-04-2010 06:29 PM
    I wish they would drop the different colors in NYC.
    07-04-2010 06:34 PM
    I wish they would drop the different colors in NYC.

My sister got hers at Pallisades mall, its outside NY in Rockland County where she lives
    07-04-2010 07:26 PM
    My sister got hers at Pallisades mall, its outside NY in Rockland County where she lives

Really?! Cool thx for the info. Do you know what color she got?
    07-04-2010 07:39 PM
    Really?! Cool thx for the info. Do you know what color she got?
    Unfortunately, no I dont. I just know she did because she mentioned it in passing in an email....
    07-04-2010 07:42 PM
    Unfortunately, no I dont. I just know she did because she mentioned it in passing in an email....

Ok I'll give them a call tomorrow. thx again.
    07-04-2010 07:44 PM
    If you're close by the Apple Store in Roosevelt Field mall in NY, they had the black and green bumpers (was just in there today).
    07-04-2010 08:16 PM
    Whoa, after now seeing this pic. I think I might actually spend the 30 bucks and get a bumper.
    07-04-2010 09:15 PM
    It's really nice. To be honest when the bumper was first announced and the pics shown I thought it looked pretty toyish. However after seeing it in person and using it on the phone it doesn't seem cheap at all. Maybe it wasn't designed by Jon Ives but it certainly has the Apple styling.

On top of that, theres no way for Apple to address the signal attenuation issue by updating the firmware baseband, so its a win in that regard.
    07-04-2010 09:43 PM
    Nice blue bumper, I think by the time i actually purchase the iPhone(when the frenzy has calmed down) there will be an explosion of cases for it online, in stores, etc... So I'll definitely have quite a few pick to pick from..Screen protects as well.
    07-04-2010 10:04 PM
    If you're close by the Apple Store in Roosevelt Field mall in NY, they had the black and green bumpers (was just in there today).
    Thx tredstone. I hoping to get a white or orange one. I'm just glad they're starting to show up in the retail stores. 3 weeks is a long wait..lol.
    07-04-2010 11:25 PM
    Still waiting on my white bumper to ship from Apple..

The blue actually doesn't look too bad.
    07-04-2010 11:34 PM
    not trying to trash on your thread but from the photo provided it almost looks like it would be hard to tell what model it is with that particular bumper

which is why i may go "naked" when i get one or bend over and get the Vapor for $80
    07-05-2010 01:05 PM
    I picked up an the black one at my Apple store, they only had black & white. Its a tem case only for me, I am on the pre-order list for the Vapor4 case from elementcase. Some say overpriced for Anondized Aluminum $80 + 29 for the Carbon Fiber backing. Considering how many cases I still have from various BlackBerries, Android, and other devices and the cost per these two are pretty cheap.
    07-05-2010 01:20 PM
    not trying to trash on your thread but from the photo provided it almost looks like it would be hard to tell what model it is with that particular bumper

which is why i may go "naked" when i get one or bend over and get the Vapor for $80
    LOL i dont even know if what you said trashed anything....
    07-05-2010 06:01 PM

I have two complaints with the bumper. One is that it totally rounds the phone so that it loses it square edge design, next it provides very little real protection for the phone. The only thing it seems to really do is provide a buffer between your hand and the aluminum antenna band, which will reduce the reception issue.

They look nice, but in my opinion totally take away from the cool design of the phone and for the price and the little protection there are certainly better options that will allow you to keep that cool looking design showing through.
    07-05-2010 06:10 PM
    I have two complaints with the bumper. One is that it totally rounds the phone so that it loses it square edge design, next it provides very little real protection for the phone. The only thing it seems to really do is provide a buffer between your hand and the aluminum antenna band, which will reduce the reception issue.

They look nice, but in my opinion totally take away from the cool design of the phone and for the price and the little protection there are certainly better options that will allow you to keep that cool looking design showing through.

FWIW, I dont have the reception issue, so I have no idea if it solves that....

I understand your opinion, but its not like the bumper stays on 24/7. I can still see all the beauty of my phone. I got the bumper for when I'm running errands, moving about when i wouldnt be enjoying the phone to its fullest anyway.
    07-05-2010 06:38 PM
    FWIW, I dont have the reception issue, so I have no idea if it solves that....

I understand your opinion, but its not like the bumper stays on 24/7. I can still see all the beauty of my phone. I got the bumper for when I'm running errands, moving about when i wouldnt be enjoying the phone to its fullest anyway.
    Everybody has the reported grip of death issue, it is just you are in a strong signal area and are not impacted by it. I've yet to see an iPhone 4 that I can't replicate this on and if I had yours in my location I could replicate it here too.

I admit I am not one for putting a case on, taking a case off, putting a case on, taking a case off. Which is why I went with the Incipio Feather case. I will likely only take it off for the sole purpose of cleaning under neath it because all these things get dust under them. However, the Incipio because it is always square in design and still shows some of the aluminum band, shows off the cool design of the phone all the time.

Hey.. if the bumper is your choice, that is great I am not trying to change any ones mind. I am just giving my view and why I think there are better options. I do like the look of the bumper, but I am just totally afraid of the lack of protection.
    07-05-2010 06:51 PM
    I just got one on the forums for real cheap. In black. Looking forward to being able to use it. I went with the bumper/invisible shield combo.
    07-05-2010 07:40 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD