BUMPERS IN Stock in So Cal! iP4 USERS W/ PICS

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
not trying to trash on your thread but from the photo provided it almost looks like it would be hard to tell what model it is with that particular bumper

which is why i may go "naked" when i get one or bend over and get the Vapor for $80

LOL i dont even know if what you said trashed anything....:D

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
not trying to trash on your thread but from the photo provided it almost looks like it would be hard to tell what model it is with that particular bumper

which is why i may go "naked" when i get one or bend over and get the Vapor for $80

I have two complaints with the bumper. One is that it totally rounds the phone so that it loses it square edge design, next it provides very little real protection for the phone. The only thing it seems to really do is provide a buffer between your hand and the aluminum antenna band, which will reduce the reception issue.

They look nice, but in my opinion totally take away from the cool design of the phone and for the price and the little protection there are certainly better options that will allow you to keep that cool looking design showing through.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have two complaints with the bumper. One is that it totally rounds the phone so that it loses it square edge design, next it provides very little real protection for the phone. The only thing it seems to really do is provide a buffer between your hand and the aluminum antenna band, which will reduce the reception issue.

They look nice, but in my opinion totally take away from the cool design of the phone and for the price and the little protection there are certainly better options that will allow you to keep that cool looking design showing through.

FWIW, I dont have the reception issue, so I have no idea if it solves that....

I understand your opinion, but its not like the bumper stays on 24/7. I can still see all the beauty of my phone. I got the bumper for when I'm running errands, moving about when i wouldnt be enjoying the phone to its fullest anyway. :D

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I dont have the reception issue, so I have no idea if it solves that....

I understand your opinion, but its not like the bumper stays on 24/7. I can still see all the beauty of my phone. I got the bumper for when I'm running errands, moving about when i wouldnt be enjoying the phone to its fullest anyway. :D

Everybody has the reported grip of death issue, it is just you are in a strong signal area and are not impacted by it. I've yet to see an iPhone 4 that I can't replicate this on and if I had yours in my location I could replicate it here too.

I admit I am not one for putting a case on, taking a case off, putting a case on, taking a case off. Which is why I went with the Incipio Feather case. I will likely only take it off for the sole purpose of cleaning under neath it because all these things get dust under them. However, the Incipio because it is always square in design and still shows some of the aluminum band, shows off the cool design of the phone all the time.

Hey.. if the bumper is your choice, that is great I am not trying to change any ones mind. I am just giving my view and why I think there are better options. I do like the look of the bumper, but I am just totally afraid of the lack of protection.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I just got one on the forums for real cheap. In black. Looking forward to being able to use it. I went with the bumper/invisible shield combo.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Everybody has the reported grip of death issue, it is just you are in a strong signal area and are not impacted by it. I've yet to see an iPhone 4 that I can't replicate this on and if I had yours in my location I could replicate it here too.

First, dont comment as if you know where I live in regards to reception issues. I live on the beach in Malibu, the most nortiously horrid place to get cell service in all los angeles. I have 3 friends, within a block of me with iP4's....we've all tried the death grip experiment, and we can't recreate the issue, in a very poor area for service. I understand it's an issue, but dont force it on me when I dont have the issue. I know, I've tried, in an area where I've only gotten 2 "bars" my entire service time with iPhones, and now when I do the death grip, I still have the same "bars". Thanks for commenting, but dont pretend to know me or my scenario. Thanks :D

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am on the pre order list for a vapor as well, but in the meantime i'll use my black bumper that's on it's way and the invisible shield combo and it / vapor...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
First, dont comment as if you know where I live in regards to reception issues. I live on the beach in Malibu, the most nortiously horrid place to get cell service in all los angeles. I have 3 friends, within a block of me with iP4's....we've all tried the death grip experiment, and we can't recreate the issue, in a very poor area for service. I understand it's an issue, but dont force it on me when I dont have the issue. I know, I've tried, in an area where I've only gotten 2 "bars" my entire service time with iPhones, and now when I do the death grip, I still have the same "bars". Thanks for commenting, but dont pretend to know me or my scenario. Thanks :D

Wow, I think you are just a tad bit touchy (no pun intended) LOL! First of all I don't care where you live and second I personally don't care if you do or don't think you have the problem or not, it doesn't impact my life one iota. But I think if you and your phone was here I could recreate the issue, but hey have it your way, matters not to me! Your Welcome! LOL

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am on the pre order list for a vapor as well, but in the meantime i'll use my black bumper that's on it's way and the invisible shield combo and it / vapor...

That vapor is good looking, I can't wait to start seeing some pictures of this bad boy. Seems that the Vapor and Invisible Shield combo will be a good one.

It is a bit pricey though! :)

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I think you are just a tad bit touchy (no pun intended) LOL! First of all I don't care where you live and second I personally don't care if you do or don't think you have the problem or not, it doesn't impact my life one iota. But I think if you and your phone was here I could recreate the issue, but hey have it your way, matters not to me! Your Welcome! LOL

Not touchy, you just come off as a bit of an ahole. Thus my response.;)

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not touchy, you just come off as a bit of an ahole. Thus my response.;)

Not being an ahole just sharing my experiences after having tested over 17 iPhones from various batches owned by co-workers, family members and friends, but you want to believe something else and I am totally cool with that. But enough, no point it taking this thread off course, my point was made and I am done.

Well, I wanted to see pictures of these "Bumpers"!

There are several post in the iPhone Accessories forum. There is a thread called iPhone 4 cases.

Last edited:

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
The $30 rubber bans are in. Cool. In my opinion all cases make the iPhone look bad and hide its beauty. Never had a case on my 3GS and I have had it since launch.. zero scratches scuffs smudges etc. Do what you want, but when I get my iPhone 4, it shall remain naked.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Wow, touchyphone, you are crazy touchy. I have to side with the other guy. Point is that you have the same hardware as everyone else. You have the same design and potential reception issues. Ha.

anon(17713)

Banned
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If anyone is looking for bumper colors other than black the Apple Store at the Short Hills Mall in NJ has several colors in stock. I picked up an orange one. Here's a pic:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If anyone is looking for bumper colors other than black the Apple Store at the Short Hills Mall in NJ has several colors in stock. I picked up an orange one. Here's a pic:

Pretty Sweet ihoop! Thanks for sharing the picture!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro