I am in love with this case/bumper!

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
None of those pictures show the left side of the phone so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there aren't any button cutouts for the volume just yet.

Here is an image from their site that ahows the side cutouts.

headphone2.jpg

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I am in on the pre order for the 100 dollar version with carbon fiber back plate. I'm a freak, I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I really like the look of this as well too! $80, not quite sure yet...most likely I'll end up getting it anyway, with the carbon back though

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
WTF?:confused:

Anyway. I am in on the pre order for the 100 dollar version with carbon fiber back plate. I'm a freak, I know.

IDK if i'll preorder it.. but it's something i'm going to be looking into getting... my only concern is.. painted aluminum will chip and mar, and even scratch.... I want to wait and see some durability reviews first.. no doubt it's tough and bad a**

but just like anything metal.. it'll scratch lol

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It is the most beautiful case I've seen for any phone. $80 is a steep price tag, but if they guaranteed the safety of the phone with the purchase of the case, I'd buy it. Cheap insurance on the phone!

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I have my preorder in for the Black/Red one in the August shipping cycle. I held off on the Carbon Fiber back until I see reviews about it. You can purchase it separately for 29 bucks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I think they look cool but they must be high if they think it's worthy of $80 during an economic down turn!

While I would agree with you, at least in the fact that yes the economy still sucks, but as noted time and Apple products have been recession proof and people are spending mad money on Apple gear AND accessories. How many iPhone 4G's were sold in the first week, let alone 600,000 sold on day 1.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
As a late adopter (by a week) the first production run is already sold out. They are now taking orders for August. I registered for my pre-order status and selected the Black/Black w/ Carbon Fiber back. Its sweet industrial case design will give me what I fully need. I will have to find an interim solution until it ships. I like the all black/black look.

It's odd that many feel $80 is too much for the case its made of aluminum excellent looking build and design, and yet Apple is selling their plastic and rubber case for $29 and it cost them maybe a $1 to make.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I do really like the case, but that price is a bit steep. I will have to see reviews. I'm curious to see if the paint chips and how it mixes with the reception.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
People feel it is expensive because top of the line otterbox "cases" cost less than this "bumper".
While it does look nice I question it's ability to really protect the phone from drops.
I'll def check out reviews but no way I spend that amount of money on the makers word alone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
All I did was sign up for the August pre-order so with any good luck we will have feedback from the July 12 orders before August.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had sent a few emails to them asking about the "VAPOR" engraving, and stated I pre ordered a black/yellow, but will buy it ONLY if it does not have any engravings. I dont mind spending $80 on a case, but it better be plain jane. If it is engraved, I will not buy one (unless they cut the price in half).

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful case, but I agree with everyone on that price. Can't wait to see pics of a phone in one with the carbon fiber back. Of course, if I'm going to carry around a phone advertising your company in letters that big, you better be paying me!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2