Zagg shield question for iPhone 4?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the front and back pieces of the zagg invisible shield. I installed them as the online video said and they still kind of look streaky and bubbly I smoothed them out the best I could, and the video said it might look streaky for a couple of days. Has anyone else used zagg and had good results? Will the spray damage my phone? It's a little late to ask, but after doing it I feel kind of anxious about it. Do they generally dry well not look as streaky and bubbly?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the Ghost Armor shields - same basic protection... and they looked the same way for the first day or so... it's cleared up nicely and looks great while protecting...

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I bought a Zagg InvisibleShield for my iPhone 4. Not bothering to mention my very unpleasant purchasing experience, when it finally arrived on Friday, the day after I got my iPhone, I took great care to apply it properly. It actually went on very well, and I even left my phone off for 24 hours to let it dry (I got enough of a fix playing with it on Thursday, plus I was real busy that day anyway). Come Sunday night, both sides are just peeling off by themselves. Mine couldn't stay on for even 3 days.

Bottom line: strongly dis-advise buying from Zagg.

Posted that in another thread, but there's my $0.02...

Mr79

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It is good protection. But I don't really like that orange peel feel of it.
Purchasing some power support crystal shields today!
Although I'm keeping the Zagg shield on the back!

cyberbob

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
With the shield installed, are any of you seeing a degradation of the clarity, sharpness, and color depth of the iPhone 4 display? I want to install a shield but not at the expense of the display.

iregret

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
With the shield installed, are any of you seeing a degradation of the clarity, sharpness, and color depth of the iPhone 4 display? I want to install a shield but not at the expense of the display.

YES! I love the protection. I've used their products on a number of my devices. BUT, the iPhone has a much better display. I'm going to go with a different product this time around. I too am tired of the orange peel effect.

azelaya84

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I personally use a berstskinsever skin I just got mine today and installed it and it looks great. I have that hazy streaky effect going on but it does clear up with time and the small bubbles do go away aswell.

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had one on my BB Bold for 18 months and it still looks news. My wife has a 3GS and I installed hers over a year ago. No problems and she still loves it. You just have to take your time on the install and follow the directions.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I let the guy at the mall install my Zagg (iPhone 4). No issues at all. Looks great. They do apply small strips around the metal edge too. I wish they would have covered the lower left antennae seam though. Because there are several separate clear strips around the edge there are some small gaps, and the lower left antennae seam isnt covered. I may take it back and ask them to adjust that strip a bit.

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine looked ok initially but having major issues with the Zagg shield. It just won't stay put. After a day or two it just starts moving around just from my handling of the phone and I have to take it off and reapply. Do that 3 or 4 times and it just doesn't want to go back anymore. Especially around the edges. I gave up and yanked it off. Wrote Zagg an email and see what they say. I also didn't like the feel at all and it seemed to affect screen sensitivity greatly. I'm MUCH faster and more accurate without it on the screen face protector. Before I had a cheap screen protector on my bl*ckberry which worked perfectly but then again I wasn't touching the screen so this phone is markedly different. Maybe I should just get a cover for it and call it a day. Anyone else had issues with the Zagg shield?

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Ive got some photos of mine on the phone. Ill post them up for you guys. Been 3 days looks great now. Wasn't even that hazy when I put it on. Trick is in the install gotta be careful and use a generous amount of solution.
Pic1.jpg

Heres one picture of the back. The front looks just as good.

Last edited:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
my experience if you did not apply it the right way and the protector is no good anymore they would send you another one

Yes Zagg stands behind their Invisible Shield. I installed mine and it looked GREAT. But then I decided I wanted a case. Even after waiting a few days. It screwed up the Invisible Shield. I called and they told me to go online and request a replacement, which I did. I got it in two days.

I once again installed it and it looks great. You really need to follow the instructions. I suggest watching several of their videos to see the technique the use. If you do this, you'll have a really clean install. I do see the orange peel effect but only when the display is off. On mine the display is very clean and only slightly impacts the iPhone 4's Retina display, but no impact the displays sensitivity. I certainly never had one move around once it had cured for 12 hours. I have had the edges peel up, but that was because I had it too far over and it was actually just slightly hanging off the edge. Though hard to see. They are a pain in the butt to install.

The problem is most people don't install these things correctly and that includes me as I've screwed them up many times, but Zagg has taken care of me. I've installed these on camera, sat radio displays, multiple iPods, iPhones, Slacker Radio's to name a few. They work GREAT!

Just remember when you first install it, it won't look nearly as good as it will in a few days. Once it cures, it really bonds it looks better, though in my opinion hardly invisible.

Last edited:

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
After a week of using the Zagg invisible shield on my iPhone 4, I've decided to return it and buy something else. The Orange Peel effect is really annoying, and it's certainly not invisible. The skins also have a rubber feel that I don't care for either. On top of that, it doesn't actually cover the full face of the iPhone 4, and there are gaps on all side of a few mm each. It seems that every day, new bubble appear out of nowhere, and when I put it in my pocked with my keys, they seem to indent the screen, though this is temporary, and some of my friends have noticed it when I show them pictures, etc, and it's very distracting.

I feel I followed the instructions properly and installed it correctly, but for $30 bucks from Best Buy, I don't feel it's worth it. ALL of the screen protectors I've had in the past were truly invisible, but not this one. I should have gotten the three-pack of iPhone 4 screen protectors I saw instead. I would not recommend this product to anyone, regardless of how good their warranty and support is. Sorry Zagg.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well it sounds like you gave it a fair chance. Let us know how Best Buy handles the return. I've heard different things from folks on them refusing to refund them, saying you had to go through Zagg. However, the Zagg web site clearly states they don't handle refunds for shield purchased locally.

I do see the orange peel effect on mine as well, but I don't find it bothersome at all when the display is on, but then again this has always sort of been planned as a temporary solution until the PowerSupport screen protectors are available, so I can hang till then.

Just for the record I don't have gaps on the sides or tops of mine, but you really have to start with the middle and use the squeegee to get it pushed out to the sides nicely. Anyway... I know these things aren't for everybody. That orange peel effect is a real turn off for some folks.

Let me know how the refund goes out of curiosity.

BridgetS

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ive got some photos of mine on the phone. Ill post them up for you guys. Been 3 days looks great now. Wasn't even that hazy when I put it on. Trick is in the install gotta be careful and use a generous amount of solution.
Heres one picture of the back. The front looks just as good.

I think the key is lots of solution! However, I'm having trouble finding a case that works with it!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a Bumper on with Phantom Skinz, but it feels to me as though the Phantom Skinz is a good bit thinner than the Zagg (which has gotten overly thick and "gloppy").

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods