Well since Mr Jobs have acknoledged that there are issues with the antenna and reception , depending on how you hold and touch the antenna bar, I think Apple should give each iPhone user one FREE bumper to make up for the hassle they call.

I dont ever recall buying a chair from "Couch Depot" and they tellin me the certain ways I can or can not sit on it
    06-25-2010 09:24 AM
    I won't be using a bumper or any protection for my i4. Just stick it in my pocket and use it. I don't have the reception issues that others have. I am sure they do exist as proof is out there. Until it affects me directly, I won't care.
    06-25-2010 09:47 AM
    mine was going to be in a case to begin with due to the glass back plate. for the time being it fits well in my 3G case. will be getting a better one as the weeks go by.

personally, i don't like holding it without a case around it. irregardless of signal issues, it just doesn't feel good on the edges without one.
    06-25-2010 10:02 AM
    but you two will sign the petition for the rest of us, eh !?
    06-25-2010 11:13 AM
    I won't be using a bumper or any protection for my i4. Just stick it in my pocket and use it. I don't have the reception issues that others have. I am sure they do exist as proof is out there. Until it affects me directly, I won't care.
    I'm going to quote that for truth.

It doesn't effect me on my i4, but does on
    my 3Gs. The thing is, I don't lose the call
    on my 3Gs, so it really is a non issue for me.

Edit: I got the bumper, but not for that reason.
    It is for the times I put it down on a desk and
    don't want the camera rubbing against the
    surface.
    06-25-2010 11:33 AM
    I'm going to quote that for truth.

It doesn't effect me on my i4, but does on
    my 3Gs. The thing is, I don't lose the call
    on my 3Gs, so it really is a non issue for me.

Edit: I got the bumper, but not for that reason.
    It is for the times I put it down on a desk and
    don't want the camera rubbing against the
    surface.
    I agree with Duvi. The bumper was just as a mean of protection, not to improve signal.
    06-25-2010 02:54 PM
    You have to believe that Apple knew about this problem and created the bumper for that reason. Why after 4th generation iPhone do they start to build cases??
    06-25-2010 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD