Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,ordered it with the phone

22 23.91%
  • Yes, but not after I get the phone

27 29.35%
  • No, Im getting a different 3rd party case

29 31.52%
  • No, I always go nude....(the phone that is)

14 15.22%
    I originally put couple of bumpers in the cart when I ordered my iPhone 4, but decided to delete them for now till I get to see the phone and go from there.
    I also think the bumper might look better with the white phone...

Anyone else getting bumpers ? what color(s) ?
    06-19-2010 01:57 PM
    I'm planning to get one when I pick up my reserved iPhone. I want pink, blue, and green, but I'll probably get the blue one to start out with.
    06-19-2010 02:04 PM
    Negative ghostwriter
    06-19-2010 02:09 PM
    Just ordered black one. Something for now until the full suite have been released and reviewed. Want to avoid damage until these are readily available.
    06-19-2010 02:12 PM
    The plan right now is to get a white bumper on a white iphone.
    06-19-2010 02:18 PM
    The bumper is very girly, very girly!
    06-19-2010 02:33 PM
    The bumper is very girly, very girly!
    I think part of it is cause they show all the bumpers with the WHITE phone only. Not a single picture of the black iPhone with a bumper
    06-19-2010 02:38 PM
    Your probably right but all the pictures make them look cutsy. I just can't do it.
    06-19-2010 02:41 PM
    I kind of want a white one for my black iPhone 4, but they're not gonna be available til July 16th.
    06-19-2010 02:44 PM
    I kind of want a white one for my black iPhone 4, but they're not gonna be available til July 16th.
    They keep changing the dates on them,,,, mine said delivers June 29th on the white one and July 16th on the blue one....
    the bas thing about it is , it will cover the neat stainless steel antenna....
    I wish they would release a clear one!
    06-19-2010 02:46 PM
    Nope, NEVER! All cases make iPhones look bad, it is just the facts. Have never had a case for my phone and will never. No damage at all on my 3GS either.
    06-19-2010 02:48 PM
    They keep changing the dates on them,,,, mine said delivers June 29th on the white one and July 16th on the blue one....
    I prefer to have my iPhone naked, but these don't seem as bad, because they'll provide some drop protection w/o completely covering the phone. I agree though, I don't wanna cover the steel part either. I haven't used a case at all on my 3GS for about 6 months without a drop or scratch, but I can see me dropping my new one first day w/o any protection.

Does anybody know if ATT is gonna carry them?
    06-19-2010 02:52 PM
    I would fully buy a clear version!
    Let's hope they make one.
    06-19-2010 03:00 PM
    Ordered the blue bumper!
    06-19-2010 04:32 PM
    So everybody thinks the white iPhone will look better with bumpers, but to me, other than the black bumper, I think the black iPhone will look better.
    06-19-2010 04:44 PM
    I'm not getting any case for my black phone unless belkin or someone releases a clear case like they did for the iPad. To me the bumpers look weird and the majority of the colors are for women IMO.
    06-19-2010 04:56 PM
    I'm not getting any case for my black phone unless belkin or someone releases a clear case like they did for the iPad. To me the bumpers look weird and the majority of the colors are for women IMO.
    I don't think the white one will look too feminine on a black phone. Have you checked Belkin's site? I think I saw a clear one "coming soon" on their site.
    06-19-2010 05:01 PM
    Seems way too pricey. Im holding off. $29?? Im curious how easily it will slide in and out of one's pocket. I had a switcheasy rebel for my 3G. That was nice, but like the look of the naked phone and went with invisble shield skin. Very nice. Ill probably go naked, for a few weeks and see if any good ones come out.
    06-19-2010 07:00 PM
    I ordered a black one for my white iPhone.
    06-19-2010 07:08 PM
    At 30 freaking dollars for a cheap strip of plastic, you can bet I am NOT getting one of these things.
    I'm confident iPhone 4 can hold its own when it's dropped. It has hard rubber/plastic between the steel and the glass for shock absorbtion, and the glass is 30x longer than my 3GS which has never broken even though I've dropped it dozens of times, often from rather scary heights, onto concrete, etc. Not a scratch.
    06-19-2010 07:10 PM
    i find cases silly, it's people who want to protect the phone and make it look mint forever but what's the point of having your iphone stay beautiful forever if this superthin beautiful device is covered up with inches of plastic or rubber.

bleh, this may sound pretentious but one of the reasons i like having high end smartphones is to show them off, having a case makes it look retarded i'd rather break it and buy a new one, or get a few scratches on it.
    06-19-2010 07:32 PM
    I want to see the bumpers in person. I was considering black bumper for black iPhone. I've already ordered the Zagg shield.
    (I tried to post a link but it wont let me due to low post count.)

I just don't understand why there are no pictures to look at. What gives Apple?

I like to have a case on my iPhone because otherwise it tends to slip out of my pocket. I know the iPhone 4 is sexy, but I would really like to buy the silicone case that was on the prototype that disguised it as a 3GS.

I'm just hoping that dust doesn't get under the screen of this one like my 3G.
    06-20-2010 01:24 AM
    So I've decided...

I'm going to get a black bumper and put it on my phone when I'm at home (when it get's placed down at various places).
    I'll take it off when I leave the house and put my phone into my pocket, which is the only place it'll be, besides my hands, when I'm out.

Just hate to hide the beautiful design.

If Apple releases a crystal clear bumper, I think I'd leave it on at all times. We'll see..
    06-20-2010 01:29 AM
    There's no way in hell I'm paying $30 for a case/skin/whatever that doesn't cover anything. When stevo introduced these in the keynote I thought the $30 was for all of them. HA! Silly me. But seriously, I thought they were going to be bundled together, like the iPod Socks. For $30, I will get an incase slider. They look awesome, come in tons of colors and offer way more protection.
    06-20-2010 02:07 AM
    Hey dudes, regarding casing the phone, I thought you might find this video interesting.

This is the LG Secret, a phone from a few years ago that featured tempered glass on the screen and carbon fiber body.

I know the iPhone 4's glass isn't specified as "tempered glass", but if it's 30x stronger than the 3GS's glass (which is already very strong from my own experience), how big of a difference can there be between the iPhone 4 and tempered glass?

This video gives you an idea of just how strong tempered glass is, and a possible idea of how strong the iPhone 4's glass could be.

He smashes the phone on the table very hard with force, and nothing. Thought you guys might find this interesting. Not saying you should smash your iPhone 4 on a table, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it survive similar tests.
    06-20-2010 03:14 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD