Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,ordered it with the phone

22 23.91%
  • Yes, but not after I get the phone

27 29.35%
  • No, Im getting a different 3rd party case

29 31.52%
  • No, I always go nude....(the phone that is)

14 15.22%

He smashes the phone on the table very hard with force, and nothing. Thought you guys might find this interesting. Not saying you should smash your iPhone 4 on a table, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it survive similar tests.
    That's pretty cool.

I almost expect some videos or photos of smashed 4's to make their way onto the net within a week of it's release. Some might be legit, but some people got nothing better to do than to trash anything Apple does.
    06-20-2010 11:01 AM
    I normally don't use anything, but I kinda like the way these look so I want to give it a try. I definitely want pink!
    06-20-2010 11:23 AM
    Just can't justify paying $29 for a bumper. I looked at one today and it looked pretty much a rubber band.

If they were $5 maybe.
    06-25-2010 02:27 AM
    My friend who got his iPhone a day early (AT&T pre-order), purchased a black bumper while I was waiting in the reservations line this morning, and when he put it on, I held it for a bit. I wasn't too impressed, especially for it's price tag. I think I'll be fine w/ a full-body Invisible Shield.
    06-25-2010 02:50 AM
    I got it for now... in black.

Might end up getting a sleeve like I have
    for my Nexus One instead.
    06-25-2010 02:51 AM
    I want a black one but 3rd party
    06-25-2010 04:14 AM
    Can we stop calling it a bumper please. It's a CASE. Next thing we'll do is call every smartphone an iPhone.
    06-25-2010 07:50 AM
    No...Apple themselves call them bumpers...
    Apple iPhone 4 Bumper - Black - Apple Store (U.S.)

They are not cases because they don't enclose the back of the phone, they just run a bumper ring around the edges of the phone.
    06-25-2010 07:56 AM
    I bought about 4 bumpers while in store yesterday. Wife is using one. Figured they'll sell on ebay.
    06-25-2010 08:47 AM
    Can we stop calling it a bumper please. It's a CASE. Next thing we'll do is call every smartphone an iPhone.
    No...Apple themselves call them bumpers...
    Apple iPhone 4 Bumper - Black - Apple Store (U.S.)

They are not cases because they don't enclose the back of the phone, they just run a bumper ring around the edges of the phone.
    Haha I bet ematts feels dumb now I love when this happens on forums.
    06-25-2010 08:48 AM
    Everybody will be buying bumpers if they want to make a phone call that doesn't drop off in the middle due to the failing signal.
    06-25-2010 08:59 AM
    Originally, I wasn't very thrilled with the bumper, but I bought a black one in store to use until a better case comes out at a later date. I have to say, though, that it isn't too bad. It's well made and looks sharp; very low profile when on the phone. The rubber along both face edges stands out just enough to raise to glass off any surface you set the phone on and should do well to protect the glass from direct impact should you drop it (assuming you drop it on a flat surface). In all, it offers a great deal of protection in a very small form factor.

I doubt now that I will get a case for the phone. Instead I will wait for Apple to release a clear, or even better- metal, bumper.
    06-25-2010 09:22 AM
    Originally, I wasn't very thrilled with the bumper, but I bought a black one in store to use until a better case comes out at a later date. I have to say, though, that it isn't too bad. It's well made and looks sharp; very low profile when on the phone. The rubber along both face edges stands out just enough to raise to glass off any surface you set the phone on and should do well to protect the glass from direct impact should you drop it (assuming you drop it on a flat surface). In all, it offers a great deal of protection in a very small form factor.

I doubt now that I will get a case for the phone. Instead I will wait for Apple to release a clear, or even better- metal, bumper.
    I doubt apple with release a metal bumper with the reception issues it is already having...
    06-25-2010 10:18 AM
    I doubt apple with release a metal bumper with the reception issues it is already having...
    Why wouldn't they? The only thing that a bumper is doing to alleviate the problem is keeping your hand from making direct contact, and thus bridging the gap between the two metal pieces in the band. A metal bumper would have no problem performing the same function.
    06-25-2010 11:09 AM
    Why wouldn't they? The only thing that a bumper is doing to alleviate the problem is keeping your hand from making direct contact, and thus bridging the gap between the two metal pieces in the band. A metal bumper would have no problem performing the same function.
    Wouldn't a metal bumper bridge the gap more consistently then someones hand? Unless the bumper makes no actual contact to the edge. I don't know I didn't buy one.
    06-25-2010 11:21 AM
    THey are sold out at all Apple retail stores. I don't want to wait for the mail, so does anyone know what other retailers will carry them?

I need one since I'm a lefty and apparently Jobs hates lefties.

Also I got a zagg skin, so I figure that with the bumper makes me protected.
    Last edited by pnut78; 06-25-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    06-25-2010 11:35 AM
    It's all about price for me. If it were $4.99 (or $9.99 because it's Apple) I would probably get one. No way at $29.99.

Knock offs from Hong Kong of these things will likely hit eBay soon at a substantial cost savings.
    06-25-2010 11:56 AM
    I ordered a black bumper, but it won't arrive until next week. I wanted something exactly like the bumper for the original iPhone (backless grip for the edges). Time will tell how much I will use it. I have always preferred a naked iPhone and used a Sena ultra slim pouch for pocket/bag protection, but it's kind of a hassle sliding the phone in and out of the pouch (then you have to put the pouch somewhere). Curious to see how the bumper works for me. I hope they're easier to take on/off than the Apple iPad case.
    06-25-2010 12:52 PM
    Anyone else find it alarmingly STUPID that Apple sells the bumper and the dock, but you can't use the dock if you bumper is on?

I'm thinking of modding my dock to accept the bumper.
    06-25-2010 01:31 PM
    Yes, I do. I felt the same about the iPad dock and case. At the very least they should offer dock adapters than fit the bumper for use in the universal docks.
    06-25-2010 01:33 PM
    ^
    06-25-2010 02:29 PM
    why spend $30 on a peice of hard rubber when i can spend $30 on my new Elan Passport Wallet by Griffin from Best Buy (last one )
    06-25-2010 02:31 PM
    I paid 25 for mine today while purchasing the phone. Expensive, but will hopefully lead to less scuffs & scratches etc.
    06-25-2010 03:51 PM
    Its a shame you have to spend another $30.00 so your $300.00 phone will make a phone call.
    06-25-2010 04:13 PM
    Spend $18 instead buying a Marware Sportgrip...Same as bumper but it looks a tad bigger and more rugged and $10 cheaper....I have one on order which ships 1st week of July..Just got email from them today.
    06-25-2010 04:15 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD