iPhone 4 Cases

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. No, it's not the Feather model.

I'd post a photo, but I don't have a high enough post count yet. :eek:

Hey at least it was free. The DermaShot was the model they were giving away. It was also the first iPhone 4 case that Incipio had available.

I think your issues with it are legit as I have a co-worker with one and she says it is a lint magnet.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i got this $15 case from the Franklin Mills Mall in Philly, PA and i must say, my reception has improved
455.jpg

456.jpg

Last edited:

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
iP4 cases I've used: ifrogz one with vents on the side from Best Buy. It's and ok case, nothing special. If you take it off, you get dirty ovals from the vented look. It also gets greasy looking from fingers. I have a grove bamboo case on order. I can't wait!

iP4 screen protectors I've used: 1) ifrogz anti-glare. Sucked. Makes the screen not as crisp, and doesn't fully seal to the face of the phone. There were air bubbles above the awful front camera/ speaker cut-out and next to the awful cut out for the home button. 2) SGP Ultra Crystal. Great! Super easy to install, cut outs are perfect, no air bubbles, and makes the screen appear ultra crisp and clear. Fingerprints show up pretty easily on it, but no worse than the glass screen with no protector.

porkozone#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iP4 cases I've used: ifrogz one with vents on the side from Best Buy. It's and ok case, nothing special. If you take it off, you get dirty ovals from the vented look. It also gets greasy looking from fingers. I have a grove bamboo case on order. I can't wait!

Let us know what you think of the Grove Bamboo case. I'm very interested in these. I don't really want to have a case at all, but if I get one, I think something like this would feel the least clunky.

From what I understand though, they won't work with a screen protector (at least not without trimming to fit).

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I am holding off buying an iPhone 4 until I get an Otterbox Defender case for it. As soon as I get the e-mail from Otterbox saying I can order it I will. It is a company phone and I do maintenance at a lumber yard. I use my iPhone instead of going to my office so it has to be protected at all times.

I'm with you on that. I hope it comes out soon...

porkozone#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iP4 screen protectors I've used: 1) ifrogz anti-glare. Sucked. Makes the screen not as crisp, and doesn't fully seal to the face of the phone. There were air bubbles above the awful front camera/ speaker cut-out and next to the awful cut out for the home button. 2) SGP Ultra Crystal. Great! Super easy to install, cut outs are perfect, no air bubbles, and makes the screen appear ultra crisp and clear. Fingerprints show up pretty easily on it, but no worse than the glass screen with no protector.

Does the SGP Ultra Crystal have a cutout for the front-facing camera? It doesn't look like it from the online photos. Wouldn't the film over the camera affect it's quality?

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Does the SGP Ultra Crystal have a cutout for the front-facing camera? It doesn't look like it from the online photos. Wouldn't the film over the camera affect it's quality?

The SGP protectors do have the cutouts, I'm currently using the anti-fingerprint and another use on here posted some images of his SGP crystal protector, shows the cutouts too. The images they have on their website are misleading.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The SGP protectors do have the cutouts, I'm currently using the anti-fingerprint and another use on here posted some images of his SGP crystal protector, shows the cutouts too. The images they have on their website are misleading.

Actually, the SGP Ultra Crystal only has the earpiece cutout and home button cutout, the front camera gets covered - I guess with it being the CRYSTAL rather than anti-glare it's not going to affect the light or picture taking ability at all.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the SGP Ultra Crystal only has the earpiece cutout and home button cutout, the front camera gets covered - I guess with it being the CRYSTAL rather than anti-glare it's not going to affect the light or picture taking ability at all.

Seriously!? That would put me right off. The anti fingerprint version has cutout for front facing camera, earpiece and home button.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Seriously!? That would put me right off. The anti fingerprint version has cutout for front facing camera, earpiece and home button.

I agree with you there, I don't want anything covering my camera lens! It makes no sense that they did this.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you there, I don't want anything covering my camera lens! It makes no sense that they did this.

Stinks of design laziness IMHO. Why would you push out a protector that covers the camera lens!? It is BOUND to have an effect on the resulting image quality from the camera.

But what puzzles me more is the anti-fingerprint one has the cutout for the camera. So they obviously have the die to cut out the shape.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Stinks of design laziness IMHO. Why would you push out a protector that covers the camera lens!? It is BOUND to have an effect on the resulting image quality from the camera.

But what puzzles me more is the anti-fingerprint one has the cutout for the camera. So they obviously have the die to cut out the shape.

I really doesn't make any sense. I do of course understand they would have to do this for the anti-glare one because of the defusion that it does, so it would totally kill a camera. Perhaps they feel their crystal clear protector doesn't impact the camera, but also protects the lens. I don't like it, but maybe those that have it can comment about how it impacts the camera.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site

the front camera area on the clear-coat also doesnt have a cutout causing the pictures to appear grainy... i took mine off... this sucks ass! im going to talk to these ppl tomm to see wtf

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
the front camera area on the clear-coat also doesnt have a cutout causing the pictures to appear grainy... i took mine off... this sucks ass! im going to talk to these ppl tomm to see wtf

Hack, why don't you tell us how you really feel! hehehe

I do agree with you though if these shields or screen protectors cause issues for the camera then what the hell good are they?

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Well another weekend, another iPhone 4G case...

I really must kick this habit. This time its the:

- Pro/Tec Glacier (Black) - Phones4U - ?9.95.

Its a protective silicon case very much in the same vein as the SwitchEasy Vulcan for 3GS, but of a slightly, not much though, lesser quality. Its actually not a bad case at all. It protects all sides, corners and rear and slightly lips over the edge of the front. Its slightly translucent so you can see the Apple logo and bottom FCC information etc. Its patterned, making a feature out of the Apple logo. Ample protection (alongside a screen protector of course), and a good looking case to boot. Doesn't feel rubbery or sticky. My only minor issue with it is it is not as tight fitting as I would like in a couple of places, primarily the top. It is branded at the bottom on the rear "Pro/Tec" in the same colour as the case so barely noticeable.

You can see it here: PRO TEC Glacier Case for iPhone 4 - Black

The Phones4U price is very good considering Mobile Fun sell it for just shy of ?15. Phones4U highstreet are selling it for only ?9.95. I've mailed Mobile Fun via there "Seen it Cheaper?" link to let them know, expect the price to drop.

If you like this style of case, and you liked the SwitchEasy Vulcan for 3GS, then you will love this case for a good price, less then a tenner. A good case until the big boys come out to play (taking their sweet f'ing time...).

25207-1.jpg

More images from the Mobile Fun link above.

Last edited:

jphoman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Just my input but I would like a Clear slim fitting bumper (non apple, preferably TPU material) and some sort of screen film for both sides of iphone (maybe invisiblesheild or bestskinsever). But I haven't found a good clear bumper. I really want to see good pictures of the Agent18 one they got for pre order.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro