iPhone 4 Cases

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Gotta say it looks better than I thought it would from the regular pics...Nice to see close up on a phone! Does it block the flash? Does it cut down the speaker volume since it looks like the cutouts are smaller than the actual speaker?

Thanks

It doesn't block the flash at all. The speaker Seems the same volume with or without the bumper.

Deansanc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Griffin case that is similar to the bumper but with a clear back to protect. I bought it from bestbuy for $25.99 on launch day.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I finally got the Speck Candyshell for iPhone 4 (Black.) I do love it. After using many cases on the iPhone 3G & 3GS I eventually settled on the Candyshell, so naturally I was looking forward to it on the iPhone 4.
It's a bit on the hefty (bulk) side. That actually one thing I like about it. I find the phone easier to hold with the additional size the case provides. Also I can vouch that your phone will always bounce and not break when you drop it with one of these things on. I dropped the iPhone 3GS many times with a Candyshell from a good height on to pavement.

I did use the Belkin Gripvue for a few days temporarily. It's similar in design to the candyshell but not as thick and it's clear. I really did like it as well. Picked that up at Best Buy. I really appreciated being able to see the phone through the case.

Apple bumper I also had. The dock connector hole is too small for after market cables and it moves around too much on the phone. I like the metal buttons but otherwise pass on the bumper.

I may get the Seidio Innocase II some day when they finally release one and check it out. The thing that turned me off with this one on the iPhone 3G/3GS is that it was scuffing the black plastic back of the phone and chrome rim. On the iPhone 4 I'll have a Best Skins Ever on the back soon and the metal band is matte steel, not shiny soft chrome. So scratching/scuffing isn't really a concern.

Still, with the drops and spills I've taken with phones, the rubber of the Candyshell seems to have earned it's place.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone on Wednesday, 2 week lead time, first time with an iPhone. I have owned just about every other apple product from (iPod: Classic, Nano, Touch (1, 2,3), Powerbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook, iMac 20", Macbook Pro (just got one) cinema display 20 & 24 inch (just got one))

I just left BlackBerry for Android, and said I would wait or not get an iPhone until Verizon got it. Well honestly the wait was done this week. I decided since everything else I have is Apple, then I should use Mobile Me, sync my iPhone there and call it a day.

My biggest challenge has always been buying too many cases, accessories and everything else. This time I am going to go minimalist with more super thin protection. I have found what I feel is the best product available. I have been using SGP products for over 2 years on a wide range of BlackBerry's, Andorid phones and now iPhone.

Check out SGPStore.com | iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4.0, iPhone 4 Case, iPod Case, Pouches, Protector Film, Camera, Laptop Skin, Metal Skin . I received the Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors and will be ordering either the Black Leather or Carbon. Then I can either get their Ultra Slider band or get Apples band (the only upside to Apples is the integrated metal buttons)

I am curious what you think.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm taking a new approach with the 4. I've scoured the interwebs and found all the really cheap iPhone 4 cases coming out of China and Singapore...and ordered them all. I think I have 10-12 cases coming and I've spent less than $20. One of them might actually be usable, and I won't be out too much money. And since I'd be buying cases anyway, it seemed like a fun game. I'll report if any of them turn out to be keepers.

gavinfabl

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I received today a SGP Vintage case for my iPad. Oozes quality, so will get Vintage iPhone 4 case too. Even though customs stun me for ?16 charge :)

miracLe

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm taking a new approach with the 4. I've scoured the interwebs and found all the really cheap iPhone 4 cases coming out of China and Singapore...and ordered them all. I think I have 10-12 cases coming and I've spent less than $20. One of them might actually be usable, and I won't be out too much money. And since I'd be buying cases anyway, it seemed like a fun game. I'll report if any of them turn out to be keepers.

I thought I was the only one buying a crap load of accessories.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone on Wednesday, 2 week lead time, first time with an iPhone. I have owned just about every other apple product from (iPod: Classic, Nano, Touch (1, 2,3), Powerbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook, iMac 20", Macbook Pro (just got one) cinema display 20 & 24 inch (just got one))

I just left BlackBerry for Android, and said I would wait or not get an iPhone until Verizon got it. Well honestly the wait was done this week. I decided since everything else I have is Apple, then I should use Mobile Me, sync my iPhone there and call it a day.

My biggest challenge has always been buying too many cases, accessories and everything else. This time I am going to go minimalist with more super thin protection. I have found what I feel is the best product available. I have been using SGP products for over 2 years on a wide range of BlackBerry's, Andorid phones and now iPhone.

Check out SGPStore.com | iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4.0, iPhone 4 Case, iPod Case, Pouches, Protector Film, Camera, Laptop Skin, Metal Skin . I received the Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors and will be ordering either the Black Leather or Carbon. Then I can either get their Ultra Slider band or get Apples band (the only upside to Apples is the integrated metal buttons)

I am curious what you think.

That case does look nice but again, no information on what it's made of or what's inside to protect the phone from drops.

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Converted from Blackberry

I'm finally in the iPhone fold after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for my current contract to expire back in May. It's a wonderful thing.

The only downside so far is that I'm used to a belt case for my old Blackberry - what has everyone used as far as a belt/holster type case for their iPhones? I've looked around, and most of the cases that I've seen seem to have the "portholes" for different connectors. I don't need those - but what I will need is a belt case that fits the iPhone 4 while inside of a case that surrounds the edges. (At present I am using a Rocketfish silicone case, mostly because it was the best that my local Best Buy had in stock on the 24th.)

Any ideas/suggestions?

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I haven't found anything so far with the exception of Apple's iPhone bumpers. My guess is the new cases from the various manufactures will pop up at or shortly after the initial release date of the 4.

I have never used a case; just a strip of soft Velcro on the back. I have seen the Apple bumper. I like it, in part because it will work with the Velcro.

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Alli, I'll be interested to hear how that works out. I've tried those cheap cases in the past and been surprised at the quality relative to the price. Keep us posted :)

Intrepyd

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Does the Incipio feather case have a lip on the front face? I like the slim profile of the case, but it's nice to have a slight lip over the front to protect the glass if it's dropped.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I ditched my Griffin now for an Apple Bumper+Griffin Screen Protector+Universal Protector (or rear).

Just gonna wait for cases from the big names to arrive before I waste anymore cash!

kerriv

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Does the Incipio feather case have a lip on the front face? I like the slim profile of the case, but it's nice to have a slight lip over the front to protect the glass if it's dropped.

I received my Incipio Feather yesterday. The lip of the case goes around most of the stainless steel band only (there are open areas by the buttons at the top and side as well as at the bottom). It does not touch the screen at all.

porkozone#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ditched my Griffin now for an Apple Bumper+Griffin Screen Protector+Universal Protector (or rear).

Just gonna wait for cases from the big names to arrive before I waste anymore cash!

What's the universal protector? Does it have cutouts for the camera?

After seeing the photos of the white bumper - I so wish there was one of those with a back on it. I really like the metal buttons.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I'm finally in the iPhone fold after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for my current contract to expire back in May. It's a wonderful thing.

The only downside so far is that I'm used to a belt case for my old Blackberry - what has everyone used as far as a belt/holster type case for their iPhones? I've looked around, and most of the cases that I've seen seem to have the "portholes" for different connectors. I don't need those - but what I will need is a belt case that fits the iPhone 4 while inside of a case that surrounds the edges. (At present I am using a Rocketfish silicone case, mostly because it was the best that my local Best Buy had in stock on the 24th.)

Any ideas/suggestions?
If you're looking for a belt holster, I would look at Siedio.
seidioonline.com
I would suggested the "Innocase Surface II combo" (case and clip combo.)
Innocase II Surface Combo, Black For use with Apple iPhone 4
They have been making the spring clip holster for many years for many different phone types. They have a one you can use without a case, and one you can use with a their case(es), and they make pretty good products.
So that's one suggestion.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2