iPhone 4 Cases

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on eBay as a temporary until there are better looking cases out. Nothing I've seen so far has grabbed my attention.

Kingsley

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
so i went into att to see if they had any screen protectors (which they do not, had to order a phantom skinz). I had no intention of buying a case as I was planning on holding out for a incipio feather.

However they had the incipio silicrylic case in stock. So i figured what the heck and bought it. Turns out I really like the case. More than my old speck and incase slider for my 3gs.

2 piece design with a silcone inner and a hard plastic shell that clips on.

Took some pics for you guys if you are curious. Hardly any bulk as you can see. Infact when its side by side my old 3gs , its exactly the same width/thickness.

right now just using a 3gs screen protector. Fits alright for temp solut

Last edited by aimetti : Today at 07:11 AM.

Does the incipio stick like the silicone? Hate that tacky feeling on my cases. Waiting the case mate signature series.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
An Apple employee showed me the Griffin case he's using for his iPhone 4-black band around the phone and clear plastic in back. I liked it because it doesn't hide all the shiney Appley goodness that is the back of the phone. They didn't have any in stock (nor did they have any bumpers) but hecsaid they will be getting them soon.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i think i want the Griffin Reveal Case

reveal-black-iphone4_1.jpg

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
i think i want the Griffin Reveal Case

the reveal case is ok it makes the phone sticky on the sides and hard to get out of your pocket. also if you have a thicker screen protector it will drive you nuts because the corners will keep coming up and allowing air under them

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed in this other thread that the Griffin case interferes with the LED Flash when taking photos...

Good to know about this.

mapleleaf

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm going nuts looking for cases... The local Apple store has none, the local At&t's have a couple pink cases and what I'm currently using - the Incipio Silicrylic, which is ok, but I'm not a huge fan.
I want one of the fitted Speck cases - i loved them on my 3GS, but nobody has them including Speck!

I tried one of the Rocket Fish silicone covers from Best Buy and it sucked...lousy, loose fit. The Reveal case makes screwed up flash pictures.

I'm also looking for Anti-Glare screen protectors and all I can find are the crappy ifrogz kind that have the big u shaped cutout fir the home button and the big oval cutout for the ear speaker & front camera...looks like crap.

I'm a little shocked there aren't more cases already available for the "4"

bubba133385

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a lot of companies that are showing cases, but not available to order yet. Do an online search. Belkin, Case-Mate, Scoche, and Otterbox all have cases on their sites I think. I haven't decided if I'm going to use a case yet. I haven't for over 6 months on my 3GS.

Otterbox sent me an e-mail stating it would be a few weeks to a month before they come out with their cases. I really want the commuter series case which is what I had on my 3gs

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I picked up the Bumper case and Zagg Invisible Shield and ZaggSkin.

Issues? Griffin WindowSeat is now useless, and my Monoprice iPhone cables and headphones don't fit in the Bumper's port holes. Fixed the latter with a dremel, needed to order a new car mount (Universal Arkon).

Pretty ok though.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Those marware cases look like a real nice alternative to the bumper cases and more reasonably priced :). They are on backorder now though :/

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've spent nearly ?60 on different cases and screen protectors, and I've literally blown ?40 of that on absolute rubbish. I can't believe some of these manufacturers had the cheek to release such garbage. In order others don't make the same mistake as me, here's the ones I've tried and tested and found to be rubbish.

- Gear 4 BlackIce (or variants) (sold in the O2 stores) ?19.99
Two part case, back and front. However the front piece has a clear plastic piece that covers the screen. Great I thought. No. Firstly, it inhibits the fine control on the touchscreen. Secondly, as it doesn't adhere to the screen, as its part of the case front piece, sections get sucked to the screen (static I guess) and just leave the display while case is on, looking all blotchy.

- RocketFish Silicone Case (sold at Carphone Warehouse) ?12.99
Run of the mill silicone case that protects back and sides, however, ridiculously thick on the rear, but that aside, it is just that bit too big for the iPhone 4G that it was designed for. Meaning the case can virtually, fall off the phone. It does not fit snug.

- CaseMate Screen Protector (3-pack) (sold at Carphone Warehouse) ?9.99
Garbage. Total garbage. I understand why they sell three now, you need at least three attempts to get these bloody things on the screen. Reason they're rubbish? Firstly, thinner then paper. That makes it hard to control where you're putting it, as they bend and flop all over the shop. Secondly, they are super glossy, meaning two things, glare and fingerprints. Avoid.

Now, that's the terribly awful out of the way, I was unsure where to classify this next one as its a mixed bag:

- Griffin Screen Care Kit (matte finish, 3-pack) (sold at Phones 4U) ?14.95
There is one, possibly two things, that let this screen protector down. One, is the home button section, is not a full circle, its an elongated half moon/circle that extends to the bottom of the protector on the vertical sides. Stinks of laziness in production. Two, the matte finish is great, because leaves no fingerprints, however it distorts the display, especially on lighter colours or whites. Really irritating. I'm disappointed because on application, I thought I'd found the perfect protector. I would forgo the home button issue, if it were not for the distortion. But both downers leave me looking again at a screen protector.

And onto the only good thing to come out of my purchases so far:

- Griffin Reveal Slim Fit Case (sold at Carphone Warehouse) ?19.99
This is comprised of a clear plastic rear piece with cutout for rear camera and flash, and attached to it is a silicone side piece to protect all four sides and buttons. It leaves only the headphone, charge, speakers, mics and silent toggle visible. Its a nice snug slim fit that provides protection all round (except for screen). Add a quality screen protector and you won't be disappointed. My only gripe, which is small really, is the rear camera cutout is positioned about half a milimeter lower then the actual camera. It doesn't obscure the camera, its not that bad, but it does irritate a little if you're obsessive like me lol. The only other possible bad point, depends on the person, is the clear plastic back piece, could be subject to fingerprints and dust problems. So you'll probably be forever cleaning it with a cloth.

Luckily I have the receipt for the Gear4 case so I'm taking that back for my ?20 refund. It really irritates me that you cannot try most of these accessories before purchasing, as they are usually in sealed or blisterpaks.

I had a Power Support Anti Glare Film on my 3GS, and was very happy with it. So I'll be looking at them for one for the iPhone 4G when they release. As for cases, I'll probably settle on either something from SwitchEasy (I had the Vulcan on my 3GS, awesome case), OtterBox (like the look of the Commuter) or Cygnett Duo which looks quite simple but effective, although not sure what the screen protectors that come with it are like. Failing that, maybe even just an Apple Bumper and a back and front protector from Power Support would suffice this time round. We'll see.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2