As apple announced the antenna issue for iPhone 4, I think it is best choice to choose one case which can improve the antenna performance.
    Lattice Series - DSStyles.com
    06-28-2010 06:58 AM
    i think i want the Griffin Reveal Case

06-28-2010 01:58 PM
    [QUOTE=Hack-My-I;1591981]i think i want the Griffin Reveal Case

the reveal case is ok it makes the phone sticky on the sides and hard to get out of your pocket. also if you have a thicker screen protector it will drive you nuts because the corners will keep coming up and allowing air under them
    06-28-2010 04:33 PM
    Just noticed in this other thread that the Griffin case interferes with the LED Flash when taking photos...

Good to know about this.
    06-28-2010 05:02 PM
    06-28-2010 05:03 PM
    I'm going nuts looking for cases... The local Apple store has none, the local At&t's have a couple pink cases and what I'm currently using - the Incipio Silicrylic, which is ok, but I'm not a huge fan.
    I want one of the fitted Speck cases - i loved them on my 3GS, but nobody has them including Speck!

I tried one of the Rocket Fish silicone covers from Best Buy and it sucked...lousy, loose fit. The Reveal case makes screwed up flash pictures.

I'm also looking for Anti-Glare screen protectors and all I can find are the crappy ifrogz kind that have the big u shaped cutout fir the home button and the big oval cutout for the ear speaker & front camera...looks like crap.

I'm a little shocked there aren't more cases already available for the "4"
    06-28-2010 08:08 PM
    I'm really interested to see what companies like Incase and Switcheasy come up with. Always good products..
    06-28-2010 10:21 PM
    I've seen a lot of companies that are showing cases, but not available to order yet. Do an online search. Belkin, Case-Mate, Scoche, and Otterbox all have cases on their sites I think. I haven't decided if I'm going to use a case yet. I haven't for over 6 months on my 3GS.
    Otterbox sent me an e-mail stating it would be a few weeks to a month before they come out with their cases. I really want the commuter series case which is what I had on my 3gs
    06-29-2010 01:02 PM
    I picked up the Bumper case and Zagg Invisible Shield and ZaggSkin.

Issues? Griffin WindowSeat is now useless, and my Monoprice iPhone cables and headphones don't fit in the Bumper's port holes. Fixed the latter with a dremel, needed to order a new car mount (Universal Arkon).

Pretty ok though.
    06-30-2010 12:40 AM
    Just ordered incipio feather case, will post pics once I have it
    06-30-2010 12:59 AM
    Yup, Incipio feather case in black ordered too, also the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector - see how well this combo works
    06-30-2010 08:58 AM
    Those marware cases look like a real nice alternative to the bumper cases and more reasonably priced . They are on backorder now though :/
    06-30-2010 11:47 AM
    Marware sportgrips are supposed to ship in 1 1/2 weeks.....Mine is already ordered!
    06-30-2010 11:49 AM
    Well, I've spent nearly 60 on different cases and screen protectors, and I've literally blown 40 of that on absolute rubbish. I can't believe some of these manufacturers had the cheek to release such garbage. In order others don't make the same mistake as me, here's the ones I've tried and tested and found to be rubbish.

- Gear 4 BlackIce (or variants) (sold in the O2 stores) 19.99
    Two part case, back and front. However the front piece has a clear plastic piece that covers the screen. Great I thought. No. Firstly, it inhibits the fine control on the touchscreen. Secondly, as it doesn't adhere to the screen, as its part of the case front piece, sections get sucked to the screen (static I guess) and just leave the display while case is on, looking all blotchy.

- RocketFish Silicone Case (sold at Carphone Warehouse) 12.99
    Run of the mill silicone case that protects back and sides, however, ridiculously thick on the rear, but that aside, it is just that bit too big for the iPhone 4G that it was designed for. Meaning the case can virtually, fall off the phone. It does not fit snug.

- CaseMate Screen Protector (3-pack) (sold at Carphone Warehouse) 9.99
    Garbage. Total garbage. I understand why they sell three now, you need at least three attempts to get these bloody things on the screen. Reason they're rubbish? Firstly, thinner then paper. That makes it hard to control where you're putting it, as they bend and flop all over the shop. Secondly, they are super glossy, meaning two things, glare and fingerprints. Avoid.

Now, that's the terribly awful out of the way, I was unsure where to classify this next one as its a mixed bag:

- Griffin Screen Care Kit (matte finish, 3-pack) (sold at Phones 4U) 14.95
    There is one, possibly two things, that let this screen protector down. One, is the home button section, is not a full circle, its an elongated half moon/circle that extends to the bottom of the protector on the vertical sides. Stinks of laziness in production. Two, the matte finish is great, because leaves no fingerprints, however it distorts the display, especially on lighter colours or whites. Really irritating. I'm disappointed because on application, I thought I'd found the perfect protector. I would forgo the home button issue, if it were not for the distortion. But both downers leave me looking again at a screen protector.

And onto the only good thing to come out of my purchases so far:

- Griffin Reveal Slim Fit Case (sold at Carphone Warehouse) 19.99
    This is comprised of a clear plastic rear piece with cutout for rear camera and flash, and attached to it is a silicone side piece to protect all four sides and buttons. It leaves only the headphone, charge, speakers, mics and silent toggle visible. Its a nice snug slim fit that provides protection all round (except for screen). Add a quality screen protector and you won't be disappointed. My only gripe, which is small really, is the rear camera cutout is positioned about half a milimeter lower then the actual camera. It doesn't obscure the camera, its not that bad, but it does irritate a little if you're obsessive like me lol. The only other possible bad point, depends on the person, is the clear plastic back piece, could be subject to fingerprints and dust problems. So you'll probably be forever cleaning it with a cloth.

Luckily I have the receipt for the Gear4 case so I'm taking that back for my 20 refund. It really irritates me that you cannot try most of these accessories before purchasing, as they are usually in sealed or blisterpaks.

I had a Power Support Anti Glare Film on my 3GS, and was very happy with it. So I'll be looking at them for one for the iPhone 4G when they release. As for cases, I'll probably settle on either something from SwitchEasy (I had the Vulcan on my 3GS, awesome case), OtterBox (like the look of the Commuter) or Cygnett Duo which looks quite simple but effective, although not sure what the screen protectors that come with it are like. Failing that, maybe even just an Apple Bumper and a back and front protector from Power Support would suffice this time round. We'll see.
    Last edited by Chris_c81; 06-30-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    06-30-2010 12:20 PM
    Awesome reviews!

Thanks!!!
    06-30-2010 12:28 PM
    One other thing I was going to mention, I've had the following replies from Cygnett and SwitchEasy re: release dates for their iPhone 4 items:

Our Range of iphone 4 cases will be available in the US and the UK in Mid July. Please join our mailing list for more information of availability as it comes to hand.

The cases will be available at all of our major retailers. Please check the 'where to buy' section of our website.

Regards

Lee Appleton
    QC Co-ordinator/Technical Support
    Cygnett
    Building 2, 650 Church Street
    Richmond VIC 3121 AUSTRALIA
    ph: +613 9429 2552 fax: +613 9429 2551
    Dear Customer,

We certainly appreciate the interest you have shown in our products
    Regretfully we do not have any information on what styles we are
    developing for the iPhone 4.
    We don't announce new product until its release and availability on our website.
    We can tell you that we're actively working on it, and we are very
    excited about our upcoming new products for iPhone 4.
    We hope it will be available on our website within a week or two after
    the release of the iPhone 4.

Please stay tuned to our website for news and updates at SwitchEasy Store (U.S.)

Thank you,

SwitchEasy Team Celine
    No firm dates, but both elude to mid-end July.
    06-30-2010 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the reviews Logan - same as you, there is some utter crap out there for sale.
    I'm a long-standing PowerSupport user, installed on so many iPhones for friends and family, gutted that they told me July 26 for shipping, 19.95 for the Crystal and 28.50 shipping to the UK!!!
    They are apparently looking for a cheaper shipping supplier despite me suggesting they put my protector in an envelope and send it as a letter to me seeing as though it weighs less than a postage stamp!!!

Anyway, my SGP Ultra Crystal should be here any day now, hoping it lives up to what I've read so far, also my Incipio Feather case in black has shipped so could arrive anytime soon.

Will post some pics when I get this combo fitted!
    06-30-2010 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the reviews Logan - same as you, there is some utter crap out there for sale.
    I'm a long-standing PowerSupport user, installed on so many iPhones for friends and family, gutted that they told me July 26 for shipping, 19.95 for the Crystal and 28.50 shipping to the UK!!!
    They are apparently looking for a cheaper shipping supplier despite me suggesting they put my protector in an envelope and send it as a letter to me seeing as though it weighs less than a postage stamp!!!

Anyway, my SGP Ultra Crystal should be here any day now, hoping it lives up to what I've read so far, also my Incipio Feather case in black has shipped so could arrive anytime soon.

Will post some pics when I get this combo fitted!
    Hmm. I got my PowerSupport protectornfor 3GS from the Apple Retail Store. I just assumed they'd get the same products for iPhone 4?

The shipping is crazy direct from them!
    06-30-2010 06:18 PM
    Yea but Apple stopped them from selling on the apple store a couple of months back, PowerSupport even told me that when I asked if I could avoid the shipping and get from Apple Store UK or Amazon UK. So they still have 3GS ones but no new ones will appear from what I heard, wasn't just PowerSupport that apple stopped as far as I know.
    06-30-2010 06:35 PM
    Ah bummer. Was gonna say, I was in the Apple store last weekend and they were still selling 3GS PowerSupport protectors.
    06-30-2010 06:38 PM
    This looks kind of cool except for the laser engraved logo on the side! Wonder if it would help or hinder the antenna though!!!

Vapor4 May Be the First Bumper Worthy of the iPhone 4
    07-01-2010 01:03 PM
    This looks kind of cool except for the laser engraved logo on the side! Wonder if it would help or hinder the antenna though!!!

Vapor4 May Be the First Bumper Worthy of the iPhone 4
    Heres your answer:
    They are made of aluminum, and they have an interior liner that separates the metal from the antenna, insulating it. The manufacturerthe same who makes the beautiful Joule iPad standtold me that their tests showed no interference whatsoever across all models of iPhone
    Heres my answer:
    Cool = Yes
    $80-100 = NO!
    07-01-2010 02:38 PM
    I agree Hack....$80-$100 for a bumper is insane!!!
    Although it is very nice and if insulate a purchase on ebay for 1/2 the price would be worth it!
    07-01-2010 02:54 PM
    got the speck candyshell from ATT's website so far loving it much better then the giffin clear case.
    07-02-2010 01:31 AM
    Just ordered incipio feather case, will post pics once I have it
    Yes, I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped today! I used this case on my 3GS and I loved it because it works well with screen protectors and it allows for easy docking on most dock bases. I hate having to take my case off to dock.

I will say these only provide minimal protection, but more protection than the Apple Bumper.

Yup, Incipio feather case in black ordered too, also the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector - see how well this combo works
    They had them for a couple of days and then were out of stock, but have since gotten them back in stock. They are available now at least in the Black Matte version.

Last edited by OTACORB; 07-02-2010 at 03:34 AM.
    07-02-2010 03:30 AM
443 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD