iPhone 4 Cases

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered a Clear-Coat case, I'll see how it is in a few days when I get it.

You can use the code '25off' for 25% off

yesss clear coat is the shizz! i got my i4 and iPad in those, u cant even see that there is a coating on it

it was supposed to be $90 for iPad and iPhone combo but the guy gave me $15 off so i got it done for $75 installed :)

Last edited:

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
yesss clear coat is the shizz! i got my i4 and iPad in those, u cant even see that there is a coating on it

it was supposed to be $90 for iPad and iPhone combo but the guy gave me $15 off so i got it done for $75 installed :)

I assume by that comment that the Clear-Coat does NOT fade out the display on the iPhone4 in any way? That's exactly what I'm looking for!!!!

03phoenix#IM

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Are the screen covers so clear as not to inhibit the new crystal clear display on the iPhone 4? I know ZAGG screen covers were HORRIBLE and made the display look washed out and had the orange peel look to them.

Thanks

The phantomskinz do show some orange peel when held at certain angles but I honestly do not notice it's there when I'm using the phone. I've heard zagg is the worst but cannot speak from personal experience. I can say that phantomskinz and ghostarmor make great products, phantomskinz having the edge with better pricing and teh fact that you get two kits with each purchase. Just remember to give your phone a day or two to look its best after an install because there will be fingerprints/smuges, but they will go away after a few days.

Hope this helps

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site

Awesome! I've read a ton of great reviews on it so figured I'd give it a shot. With that and the Otterbox case my new 4 should be protected pretty well!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I was able to take pix of my iPad so Here u go:
iPadClearCoat2.jpg

iPadClearCoat3.jpg

iPadClearCoat1.jpg

iPadClearCoat4.jpg

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the black bumper on right now and actually like it, will use until a clear switcheasy or incipio comes out

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I got a black Bumper today at launch. I actually really like it, but the cutout in the bottom for the dock connector is cut to precisely fit Apple's plug, and the Griffin AutoPilot I use in my car doesn't fit the hole. That's something I can't live with, so the search continues.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Can't believe the lack of choice on launch day - I'm getting feedback from Incipio that their feather case is out early next week.

Anyone every tried their NGP Matte case? Sounds like it is a bit more flexible and maybe less prone to the corners cracking due to use/stress after a while.

I want something as minimalist as possible for such a nice phone.

Also waiting on Power Support Crystal screen protectors but I'm almost giving up, they are 19.95 and then they want 28.50 international shipping!!! WTF!!!??? A film weighs less than a postage stamp almost so how can they justify the shipping costs :(

Hoping the Crystal appears on Apple Store or Amazon anytime soon...

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Clear Coat has a cutout for the flash?
I would assume if it is covered it is going to lessen the effect flash has on pictures taken and I am pretty impressed with the flash on the iPhone4! Works really well!!!!

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Clear Coat has a cutout for the flash?
I would assume if it is covered it is going to lessen the effect flash has on pictures taken and I am pretty impressed with the flash on the iPhone4! Works really well!!!!

I experienced something crazy and it has to do with exactly what you're talking about. I haven't removed the plastic backing that came on the phone because I'm waiting to get an Invisible Shield or something like it. Well I started taking pictures and when the flash comes on the light travels sideways through the plastic and into the lens so I just had a bright white picture with very minor details on the far right edge. I was like, "Man, this flash is seriously f'd up!" then I looked at it and realized I was a complete moron. :p

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
LMAO!!!!

That's awesome!!! Yeah that is my biggest concern that there''s a cutout for it. The flash works really well!!!

ZAGG has had to much of an orange peel effect on 3GS so I'm staying away from that brand.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
LOL, yeah I felt like a real loser. I had a ZAGG on my old (but still ticking) 60GB iPod Video (5G) and could put up with the orange peel look but not on this phone. The flash IS great on the iPhone. I actually had to use it yesterday as a flashlight because we had a power outage at work and we had to take the stairs out.