iPhone 4 Cases

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn between these 2...... any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the ivyskin as it is thinner.

1. Ivyskin Reception Case (crystal clear)

and

2. SwitchEasy Nude Case (ultraclear)

(I couldnt include links as this is my first post :mad: )

Also, I will be going with the PowerSupport anti-glare film once it comes out... It worked perfect for 2.5 years on my iPhone2g (yes, i skipped over the iphone3g and iphone3gs!)

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got a black Incipio Feather case and it's really nice. Doesn't add any bulk and it's got a nice matte/smooth texture. The camera flash is unaffected by it. I'm really liking it so far.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got a black Incipio Feather case and it's really nice. Doesn't add any bulk and it's got a nice matte/smooth texture. The camera flash is unaffected by it. I'm really liking it so far.

Yeah that is what I have installed is the Incipio Feather Case. After my poor experience with the Invisible Shield I even used Incipio's Crystal Screen Protector. It isn't too bad, though it certainly isn't a PowerSupport Screen Protector. It will do until PowerSupport finally releases theirs.

I like the Feather because it keeps the nice square design of the iPhone 4, but as you said doesn't add any bulk. In fact I can still use my Apple Universal Docks, my XM Skydock in the car, JBL Speaker Dock at the office and iKicker Boombox Dock at home. So, I am really happy with the Feather case.

TiPb Accessory Store sells the Incipio Feather case, so check it out.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Quiet a few of us got the black Incipio Feather case now I see - really please with mine after having it over a week now - one of the top corners on the back has gone a bit shiny, not sure if it was like that on arrival or whether it's caused by that corner rubbing in my pocket, hardly noticeable, so far so good and like you say it keeps the shape of the iPhone4 nicely.

jwriherd

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Case messes with iphone 4 flash

Does anyone use a case that does not distort the flash at hight. I've gone through 2 cases that have a normal sized cut out around the flash and camera. But when used at night, the flash still bounces or something off the case cut out and causes a cloudy affect on the picture. Anyone know of good cases...or just wait for my free bumber?

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey peeps, my SwitchEasy Nude finally arrived and I've started blogging reviews of all the cases I've bought so far here:

In a Tiny Nutshell

Feel free to take a peek, or just ignore if you're not interested ;)

The Nude is really nice though. Definitely my choice of case to date. Outstanding value for money IMHO.

jonfish

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
i love this one

I love the look of the new iphone and don't want to cover it up with bulky plastic so I chose one of these ibackwoods.com glass, steel and wood.

tres

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
My dilemma is I like to have the phone on my waist. I goal is to find something with great protection from falls (I have slippery fingers), holster belt clip, and keeping the bulk down. I fear it may not be possible... I think I need to wait for the Seidio innocase clip.

josh77

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the Incipio Feather and i really like it.
It is just great for my needs: rubbery with an anti-slip texture, soft enough, provides some basic protection... and i the love the film for the screen

porkozone#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love the look of the new iphone and don't want to cover it up with bulky plastic so I chose one of these ibackwoods.com glass, steel and wood.

How do those attach to the iPhone? Do they feel like they would give adequate protection for the back? I'd really been hoping to find some sort of back-only protector that would work with the bumpers, since I like the metal accents of the bumpers, and wondering if this might fit the bill.

I checked out the site - they mention it working with the bumpers, but I didn't see any photos of the phone with the bumpers on with their backing.

iphoneguy123

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone looked into cool leather cases for iPhone 4? I found a company that sells leather cases for the iphone 4 that fits with or without the bumper. Looks really nice and they are priced right too. Take a look at primarycase.com The selection of leather products they have that fits the phone with the bumper is really great. I'm interested to hear what anyone else thinks.

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
camera and flash?

I came over from the crackberry world and over there we live and die by these epik cases. They dont add to much bulk and protect the phone really really well. I took some pictures so you could see. Btw yes thats an anti glare screen protector on the phone 2

That case looks really nice, but it looks like it butts right up against the camera particularly on the flash side. I have a Belkin Grip Vue and I love it, but it creates a glare with the flash reflection off the case. That case looks like it would do the exact same thing, maybe even worse.

Another question I have is about the thickness. It looks really thick around the camera and flash, what about on top? My Belkin case works fine with my Apple headphones and with the AUX cable I have in my car, but it's too thick to work with the AUX cables I have both at home and in my office and with any aftermarket headphones? I realize you posted your pics a long time ago, but I just found this forum! So much nicer here that at the Apple discussions so I joined, just looking for a case that will meet all my needs, particularly not so thick I can't use my AUX cables and headphones!

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, I finally broke down and returned my Belkin, just couldn't deal with how thick it was around the headphone jack! All my headphones fit fine, but I have three different AUX cables and only one of them worked with that case. I exchanged the Belkin Grip Vue for a Griffin Reveal. It's the one with a white bumper and clear plastic back and I really like the way it looks on my phone! I'll have to test the flash tonight once it gets dark but I think I'm going to really like this case! Another thing with the Belkin, the volume and power/sleep buttons were really hard to push. This case covers the buttons so they are protected, but they are so easy to push. The case my husband ordered from the free ones is the reveal etch. If he doesn't like it I may steal it from him if it's as nice as this one! LOL!

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
I need a good pouch for the iphone with a case(apple bumper) so that my wife can protect her iphone when she puts it in her purse....PLEASE HELP

similair to pic

Last edited:

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the Speck PixelSkin HD.

Speck-PixelSkin-HD-250x200.jpg

From what I've heard, it does not affect the camera or flash at all.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I have the Candyshell for iPhone 4. I've had it for about a month. It's nice, much the same as the iPhone 3G version. The hole for the flash is too small so it causes the flash to blind the camera a little. This is something Speck is fixing and that's why there's a delay. Speck has said they'll replace my case when the new one is out.

The other thing is the rubber is totally peeling on my Candyshell. It's barely a month old and the rubber area around the front bezel of the screen is totally peeling & fraying. It's really really bad. I'm sure Speck will replace it, but it does concern me that this will always be an issue with this case.

I just ordered an incase slider. I'm not happy with the lack of detail their online photos offer, so I hope there's a money back guarantee. For instance I have no idea how big the dock connector hole is at the bottom and if it'll fit after-market iPhone dock cables which are usually a little larger than the OEM Apple ones. Also, some cases wrap around to the front of the screen and interfere with screen protectors (iFrogz has this issue) I'm not sure if this will have that problem. We'll see once I get the slider which will be in about a week I hope.
Once nice thing about incase is that they have a "Integrated glare reduction ring in camera cutout." It's a matte black ring in the camera/flash cut out there specially to reduce flash issues. This is a nice feature.
incase-flash-ring.jpg

There's also a "Stand included for upright viewing of widescreen." I guess that's just a little plastic stand? I guess it'll be handy on rare occasions.

I've also got my eye on the Otterbox Commuter (not the defender, too bulky.) The commuter looks pretty thick too, but I might like it. It depends how much I like the icase whether or not I'll try the otterbox.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner