Does anyone use a case that does not distort the flash at hight. I've gone through 2 cases that have a normal sized cut out around the flash and camera. But when used at night, the flash still bounces or something off the case cut out and causes a cloudy affect on the picture. Anyone know of good cases...or just wait for my free bumber?
    07-16-2010 07:11 PM
    Hey peeps, my SwitchEasy Nude finally arrived and I've started blogging reviews of all the cases I've bought so far here:

In a Tiny Nutshell

Feel free to take a peek, or just ignore if you're not interested

The Nude is really nice though. Definitely my choice of case to date. Outstanding value for money IMHO.
    07-17-2010 07:29 AM
    grovemade.com has some sweet bamboo cases
    07-21-2010 08:59 AM
    I love the look of the new iphone and don't want to cover it up with bulky plastic so I chose one of these ibackwoods.com glass, steel and wood.
    07-23-2010 03:12 AM
    My dilemma is I like to have the phone on my waist. I goal is to find something with great protection from falls (I have slippery fingers), holster belt clip, and keeping the bulk down. I fear it may not be possible... I think I need to wait for the Seidio innocase clip.
    07-23-2010 07:26 AM
    I picked up the Incipio Feather and i really like it.
    It is just great for my needs: rubbery with an anti-slip texture, soft enough, provides some basic protection... and i the love the film for the screen
    07-23-2010 05:13 PM
    I love the look of the new iphone and don't want to cover it up with bulky plastic so I chose one of these ibackwoods.com glass, steel and wood.
    How do those attach to the iPhone? Do they feel like they would give adequate protection for the back? I'd really been hoping to find some sort of back-only protector that would work with the bumpers, since I like the metal accents of the bumpers, and wondering if this might fit the bill.

I checked out the site - they mention it working with the bumpers, but I didn't see any photos of the phone with the bumpers on with their backing.
    07-24-2010 04:01 PM
    Has anyone looked into cool leather cases for iPhone 4? I found a company that sells leather cases for the iphone 4 that fits with or without the bumper. Looks really nice and they are priced right too. Take a look at primarycase.com The selection of leather products they have that fits the phone with the bumper is really great. I'm interested to hear what anyone else thinks.
    07-27-2010 10:49 AM
    I came over from the crackberry world and over there we live and die by these epik cases. They dont add to much bulk and protect the phone really really well. I took some pictures so you could see. Btw yes thats an anti glare screen protector on the phone 2
    That case looks really nice, but it looks like it butts right up against the camera particularly on the flash side. I have a Belkin Grip Vue and I love it, but it creates a glare with the flash reflection off the case. That case looks like it would do the exact same thing, maybe even worse.

Another question I have is about the thickness. It looks really thick around the camera and flash, what about on top? My Belkin case works fine with my Apple headphones and with the AUX cable I have in my car, but it's too thick to work with the AUX cables I have both at home and in my office and with any aftermarket headphones? I realize you posted your pics a long time ago, but I just found this forum! So much nicer here that at the Apple discussions so I joined, just looking for a case that will meet all my needs, particularly not so thick I can't use my AUX cables and headphones!
    07-27-2010 12:12 PM
    Well, I finally broke down and returned my Belkin, just couldn't deal with how thick it was around the headphone jack! All my headphones fit fine, but I have three different AUX cables and only one of them worked with that case. I exchanged the Belkin Grip Vue for a Griffin Reveal. It's the one with a white bumper and clear plastic back and I really like the way it looks on my phone! I'll have to test the flash tonight once it gets dark but I think I'm going to really like this case! Another thing with the Belkin, the volume and power/sleep buttons were really hard to push. This case covers the buttons so they are protected, but they are so easy to push. The case my husband ordered from the free ones is the reveal etch. If he doesn't like it I may steal it from him if it's as nice as this one! LOL!
    07-28-2010 02:38 PM
    Does anyone have any pics of the pink bumper on the phone? I haven't had any luck whatsoever finding any.
    07-29-2010 01:06 AM
    I need a good pouch for the iphone with a case(apple bumper) so that my wife can protect her iphone when she puts it in her purse....PLEASE HELP

similair to pic
    Last edited by echaos1210; 08-01-2010 at 10:14 PM.
    08-01-2010 10:11 PM
    I'm getting the Speck PixelSkin HD.

From what I've heard, it does not affect the camera or flash at all.
    08-01-2010 11:34 PM
    Candy Shell should be great as usual if it is EVER OFF BACKORDER!!!!!!!
    08-02-2010 01:47 AM
    I have the Candyshell for iPhone 4. I've had it for about a month. It's nice, much the same as the iPhone 3G version. The hole for the flash is too small so it causes the flash to blind the camera a little. This is something Speck is fixing and that's why there's a delay. Speck has said they'll replace my case when the new one is out.

The other thing is the rubber is totally peeling on my Candyshell. It's barely a month old and the rubber area around the front bezel of the screen is totally peeling & fraying. It's really really bad. I'm sure Speck will replace it, but it does concern me that this will always be an issue with this case.

I just ordered an incase slider. I'm not happy with the lack of detail their online photos offer, so I hope there's a money back guarantee. For instance I have no idea how big the dock connector hole is at the bottom and if it'll fit after-market iPhone dock cables which are usually a little larger than the OEM Apple ones. Also, some cases wrap around to the front of the screen and interfere with screen protectors (iFrogz has this issue) I'm not sure if this will have that problem. We'll see once I get the slider which will be in about a week I hope.
    Once nice thing about incase is that they have a "Integrated glare reduction ring in camera cutout." It's a matte black ring in the camera/flash cut out there specially to reduce flash issues. This is a nice feature.

There's also a "Stand included for upright viewing of widescreen." I guess that's just a little plastic stand? I guess it'll be handy on rare occasions.

I've also got my eye on the Otterbox Commuter (not the defender, too bulky.) The commuter looks pretty thick too, but I might like it. It depends how much I like the icase whether or not I'll try the otterbox.
    Last edited by taylorh; 08-03-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    08-03-2010 06:32 PM
    oh nice.
    08-04-2010 04:04 PM
    I've had the ifrogz luxe in all black and I have to say I love it. Its a hard case but has a soft feel on the outside. The inside has felt so your phone doesn't get scratched either. Only fault would be it doesn't work with my sgp screen protector that well
    08-04-2010 07:40 PM
    Im using the Incipio Silicrylic case with a Zagg screen protector on my i4.
    08-08-2010 06:18 PM
    I have the Candyshell for iPhone 4. I've had it for about a month. It's nice, much the same as the iPhone 3G version. The hole for the flash is too small so it causes the flash to blind the camera a little. This is something Speck is fixing and that's why there's a delay. Speck has said they'll replace my case when the new one is out.

The other thing is the rubber is totally peeling on my Candyshell. It's barely a month old and the rubber area around the front bezel of the screen is totally peeling & fraying. It's really really bad. I'm sure Speck will replace it, but it does concern me that this will always be an issue with this case.
    I happened to stop in my local AT&T store and they had one Candyshell in stock, so I picked it up since they're so hard to find. (had one with my 3G and 3GS and loved it) I haven't used it, so now I'm debating whether to return it and get the Incase Slider instead. The slider was easily my favorite case with my previous phone, and I never had any issues with it.
    08-10-2010 09:31 PM
    I bought a griffin outfit ice. Only 2 colors avaiable. Blue and red. Nice first case so far. Its a fitted snap case you can get at wallmart.
    08-10-2010 09:52 PM
    My free speck case from apple shipped today!! Delivery date august 19th! I also have a new incase slider for my iphone 4 love it so far!
    08-12-2010 07:28 PM
    Just got the otter box defender today. Put it on and it immediately ruined my zagg shield. The plastic is flimsy, and it's bulky when it's all put together. I had high hopes for this case.

I'm still waiting on delivery of my seidio case and holster, and wAiting for them to release the full armor case.
    08-12-2010 08:01 PM
    How are the products with Switcheasy. I've used Otterbox and SGP so far..
    08-12-2010 08:26 PM
    Just got the otter box defender today. Put it on and it immediately ruined my zagg shield. The plastic is flimsy, and it's bulky when it's all put together. I had high hopes for this case.

I'm still waiting on delivery of my seidio case and holster, and wAiting for them to release the full armor case.
    I agree, the plastic does seem flimsy.
    08-12-2010 09:15 PM
    I love my white candy shell. It does glare owhen using the flash but Speck promised to replace it.

I do have an extra black one if someone wants it.
    08-13-2010 09:42 AM
443 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD