If you havnt heard IK has announced AmpliTube iRig last week. AmpliTube iRig is a combination of an easy-to-use instrument interface adapter and the new AmpliTube for iPhone software for guitar & bass.

The new AmpliTube iRig is already available for pre-orders from the IK online store at $39.99/29.99 MSRP (exc. VAT), and AmpliTube for iPhone will be available in 3 versions: FREE, LE ($2.99/2.39) and FULL ($19.99/15.99).

Not only that, but more gear can be added to FREE and LE through an in-app purchase of a-la-carte models with stompboxes costing $2.99/2.39 each, and amplifiers + cabinets for $4.99/3.99 each.

Now that is awesome. This new accessory is going to be a great addition to all musicians on the go.

You can check out the new AmpliTube iRig for yourself @ http://www.amplitube.com/irig
    05-10-2010 05:42 PM
    This is really cool. The only negative point is that usually guitar fx work as pedals since a musician's hands are rarely free. But, btw is a very nice app/add on!
    05-10-2010 06:01 PM
    iMario - thanks for the kind words. We're already looking into things that might help folks live without foot control. Please send/post any ideas. Are you a performer that would use something like this, maybe play along with tracks? I know I've used X-GEAR and a laptop in the past and it works great but this would be awesome. So I'm kind of interested in this sort of thing (getting around no foot controls) too.
    05-11-2010 01:35 PM
    Very cool IK!

I'm not good enough at guitar to purchase and house all of that equipment, but something like this would "rock".

Will it be a universal binary so it will work on the iPad?
    05-12-2010 07:58 AM
    Very cool IK!

I'm not good enough at guitar to purchase and house all of that equipment, but something like this would "rock".

Will it be a universal binary so it will work on the iPad?
    This will work on iPad too, yes. Thanks!
    05-12-2010 11:49 AM
    Brilliant!

One question: if I want to use this as an external effects box in a recording rig, what processing latency input->output should I expect from this? Also, will this latency depend on what iPhone hardware/software you're running, or will it change even on the same hardware/software one day to the next?
    06-24-2010 12:35 PM
    AmpliTube for iPhone has been updated to 2.0 with some incredible improvements. There's a DSP update that includes some derived directly from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS to really make it sound awesome. There's also a ton of free updates like SpeedTrainer (note that there are full apps that charge for this functionality), 1-track recording and reamping, Preset Naming, direct import from iTunes library, export WAV or MP3, I/O level adjustments, 50-song import now, etc. Check it out at http://www.amplitube.com/iphone

You can also see some video demos at YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Here are a few screen shots:
    10-28-2010 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD