I purchased a Zagg invisible shield today along with an iphone dock after hearing great reviews and that the two can be used together.

Wow. What a dump. I got my zagg shield out and started as per instructions. Everything went great, up until... well...the beginning. I had to pull the back peice out of the cookie-cutter lines, and well, their machines didnt even cut all the way through. my Zagg shield ended up ripping, now leaving the corner of my iphone exposed. I plan to call them tomorrow about this.

Secondly, its now too thick to actually use any sort of case. Even my otterbox does not fit on there any longer. $50 defender case now useless (no i'm not selling it lol )

Finally, upon placing it in the dock everything went like gravy. As in... nice and bumpy. When I go to pull it out is when the love happens. And by love, I mean the dock doesn't want to let go. I have to use two hands, and push the dock back down while pulling up the iphone.

So maybe this is just a rant because i'm pissed after spending $30 on the shield, or because I got the defective one, or because my Defender is now sitting in a drawer, or because the dock isn't working out like I thought. Or maybe there are some valid complaints.

What do you guys think? Does the fact that I had to bust out scissors and a knife to get the part off that should have been already cut warrant a call to Zagg? Has anyone else had a similar encounter?

I'm seriously considering just ripping it off and going bare-back when not in the defender. I just hate to scratch up that beautiful device.
    03-31-2010 08:58 PM
    I could have saved you the heartbreak and told you the Zagg shield will prevent you from putting your iPhone in almost any case. It's just that much too thick. I used to swear by the Invisible Shield - now I just swear at them. They seem to have changed the material they use, and they just don't go on as well as they used to. I'm anxiously awaiting something else (which, incidentally, arrives tomorrow). I'll let ya know.
    03-31-2010 10:46 PM
    Please do Alli. I've sent a message to Zagg to speak with their CS. Maybe they'll replace mine for me. I hate to pull it off since its mostly covered considering the $30 price tag. However, It would be nice to still have a case!
    04-01-2010 10:01 AM
    HUMMM..
    Thanks for let us know that...Will take a look at ebay to purchase one
    04-02-2010 03:37 AM
    Not a problem.

As it stands I emailed them yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon I get the usual universal vomit email saying "a representative will contact you back as soon as possible". However I Dont expect that till Tuesday given this weekend.

Utterly disappointed. Will probably rip it back off after today and cram the iphone back in the Defender, although I have enjoyed it being small enough for my pocket as of late. Too bad I care too much about my stuff to let it get all scratched up.
    04-02-2010 06:07 AM
    The one thing I'll add about Zagg is that they have fantastic customer service. They will get back to you. And the shields come with a lifetime guarantee, so you should be able to get a replacement with no problem.
    04-02-2010 06:53 AM
    get an iWrap..much much better fit.
    04-02-2010 09:52 AM
    The otterbox defender comes with a screen protector.
    04-02-2010 01:12 PM
    Here's my findings with Wrapsol Ultra's dry application screen protector.
    04-03-2010 02:00 PM
    Wrapsol looks pretty cool. I have the Invisible Shield, but the back is starting to come off. Maybe this will be better?
    04-03-2010 09:16 PM
    It's a little thicker than the Invisible Shield, so it might. I definitely favor the front part over the Invisible Shield.
    04-03-2010 11:07 PM
    you know what i got?...a silicon cover plus a clear screen protector...it doest it all for me!
    04-04-2010 02:38 AM
    I dont want a silicone cover as it makes it difficult to pull it in and out of pockets. If i were going for silicone i would have just left my defender on. and i realize the defender has a screen cover, so does my iphone. I mainly wanted this go to "naked" with the back not getting all scratched to hell and back.

Zagg did finally get back with me and told me to submit my receipt and to register my product which I have done. I emailed everything back but have not heard anything from them (understandably they may be closed at the time i sent the email and this is a holiday weekend so i'll give them till maybe tuesday to respond). however, following their instructions online, the only way to do it would have charged me $25.00 for a replacement. Unacceptable if it comes down to that. I'll take it back to best buy and get the manager there to take it back as defect if it comes to it.

Sigh. i was enjoying it with my dock too.
    04-04-2010 07:58 AM
    Zagg may not have the fastest customer service, but I still think they are number one. Not sure about Wrapsol customer service, but I know they are active on Twitter, and these days that counts for a lot.
    04-04-2010 09:52 AM
    they did finally write me back. the jacked up news is that I have to pay for the Shipping to return THEIR defective product, in order to pay for shipping AGAIN for a new one to be sent to me, since they screwed it up.

sucks, but i guess i'll have to do it.
    04-11-2010 10:13 PM
    I remember someone once told me they requested a return of the defective product...which had (apparently) ripped to shreds. <sigh>
    04-11-2010 11:46 PM
    I'm surprised that your experience with ZAGG was so positive. I had an overwhelmingly dreadful experience with them and an InvisibleShield... Mind you, this was with a Palm Pre, but it was ill-cut, too thick to allow the device to be used properly, and it even ended up taking a bit of the front of the screen off of the device when I removed it.
    04-12-2010 02:06 PM
    Personally I really like the Zagg. I have applied three of them now, one on my girlfriends iPhone, one on my Storm 2 and most recently one on my iPhone. The application process can be a hassle but after doing it once you get the hang of it. As for the cutting of the backing, I also had one that I needed to help finish the cut in order to get it out properly. It really depends on the case with the Zagg though, anything sliding on will no longer fit easily, or will require some serious effort to remove the case afterwards and possibly ruin the Zagg doing it. My Otterbox Commuter, Rebel, iSkin, and Candyshell all still fit perfectly with it.

I have tried Bodyguardz too and Zagg has much more protection, Bodyguardz feel cheap in comparison.

Just my two cents.
    04-13-2010 12:34 PM
    i've pretty much decided i'm going to order a new one in a few days, return this one defective, and then either
    a) sell it on ebay
    b) burn it on video camera
    or
    c) write how bad Zagg sucks on it, and show it off to the world every chance I can.

It blows my mind that I have to pay shipping because their quality is sub par.

Who cares if it can stop a speeding bullet if you cant even get it off the paper without it ripping?
    04-13-2010 09:09 PM
    Oh did i mention my shield is changing colors? it has a faint red coloring now. Below is my email to Zagg.

To Whom it May Concern at Zagg:

I am FURIOUS and APPALLED that YOU are asking ME to pay for SHIPPING on an item that YOU all sold DEFECTIVE. This is absolutely asinine and shows just how sub par the customer service with Zagg can be. I am expected to pay shipping to a) receive a new invisible shield (that very well could be just as screwed up as the first), and to b) send you back my defective invisible shield? Lets face it, these things probably cost $1.00 to make. The packaging and extras you send with it probably cost more. Zagg is really willing to throw away customers over this? Not to mention mine has already started taking on the tint of any pocket it is placed in.

I will not be sending in any money for a replacement, and furthermore have already begun to share how horrible an experience it has been with your company. This is truly sad, and pathetic.

__________________________________________________ ____

Now I'll be honest, had I screwed up the application, yea I wouldn't mind paying the shipping and handling both ways. But my defect came from their inability to cut their own product and having a poor quality control system and I just frankly don't believe anyone in that position should have to pay for a replacement.

Feel free to share your opinions, this is my opinion and I have obviously shared it. However, if you don't see the way I do, try to keep it PG.
    04-13-2010 09:16 PM
    My husband and I both use the Zagg product and I have no complaints because it has saved my iPhone from some major damage when I dropped it in my rock driveway twice!

I will say though that my spouses screen is now black and sort of hard to see through. The black came from a leather case he was using to carry it in. However, he uses the Otterbox case and pops his phone in and out no problems with the Zagg product on it.

I wish you the best of luck getting your sitatuion handled.
    04-14-2010 12:32 PM
    I hope you all are not buying your screen protectors from large store corporations, I won a couple different auctions on eBay. Average prices were 3 mirrored screen protectors for iPhone 3gs for $0.99 U.S. & 6 clear screen protectors for iPhone 3gs for $0.99 U.S, both with free shipping. When I first purchased my iPhone I stopped at "WORST"buy & paid :o$24.99 CAD:o, for 3 clear screen protectors. The eBay screen protecters are exactly the same, "OMFG" I learned my lesson big time, LOL!
    04-16-2010 02:03 AM
    The free screen protectors you get are very different from things like the Invisible Shield or Wrapsol shield. They are made from an (almost) indestructable film that will protect your device far better than a piece of plastic.
    04-16-2010 09:40 AM
    Today, Zagg sent me a code for free shipping on my order so I could get replacement service. However, i'll still have to cover the cost to mail them the screwed up one.

I guess its a step in the right direction. I haven't decided if i'll take advantage of this, or just wash my hands clean of this company and its products.
    04-19-2010 03:59 PM
    Oh go for it. It won't cost you that much to send back the damaged skin.
    04-19-2010 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD