I know many luck 3Gs owners will say that you never used them and have no scratches. I was not so lucky as I had the coating on 2 3Gs' scratch. I now use the ZAGG IS, which I hate, but I hate scratches more.

Anyway, what do you think of this news, assuming that it's true?
    03-17-2010 02:05 PM
    I have a screen protector on my ipod touch & will continue to use one. I've seen what an iPhone screen looks like when one isn't used. Nothing but fine scratches. No thanks.
    03-17-2010 02:48 PM
    I have a screen protector on my ipod touch & will continue to use one. I've seen what an iPhone screen looks like when one isn't used. Nothing but fine scratches. No thanks.
    My thoughts exactly!
    03-17-2010 06:38 PM
    I used a protector on my 3G, I don't use one on my 3GS because I like the oleophopic coating. So far no scratches.
    03-17-2010 08:11 PM
    I've owned all three iPhones and never used a screen protector and never had a single scratch, ever.

Of course I am more careful than the average person with my phones.

And this is simply not true about Apple not selling protectors anymore. I've verified it with a very reliable source.
    03-17-2010 09:21 PM
    03-29-2010 03:01 AM
    I used screen protectors on my 3G. Haven't on my 3GS. No scratches yet.

I do have this really irritating piece of dust or lint or something inside the screen. Drives me crazy!!!!!
    03-29-2010 03:07 PM
    It's probably because people were applying them, doing a poor job and so ruining the screen protector and asking for refunds - that wouldn't surprise me AT ALL.

I can guarantee you that they're not 'banning' them due to a lack of demand or whatever it is that may be suggested as there is ENOUGH demand on them to keep them in stock.
    03-29-2010 04:18 PM
    It's probably because people were applying them, doing a poor job and so ruining the screen protector and asking for refunds - that wouldn't surprise me AT ALL.
    I'd say you're right. I like buying SwitchEasy cases. They usually come with one or two screen protectors. Although they do sell premium screen protectors (at a premium price) separately, bundling screen protectors with cases is a good model. Keeps those returns to a minimum.
    03-29-2010 06:30 PM

I can guarantee you that they're not 'banning' them due to a lack of demand or whatever it is that may be suggested as there is ENOUGH demand on them to keep them in stock.
    Well it appears that you have something there. Apple has a patent on a retardation films that reduces distortion.
    03-29-2010 07:35 PM
    Well there certainly will be more scratchy screens around. Not a lot of people are protective and careful with their devices
    03-31-2010 03:56 PM
    I'm protective and careful with my iPhones and other gadgets, yet I still slap a screen protector on right out of the box. I like the anti-glare quality of the ones I typically use and I never have to worry about fingerprints. I would be surprised if Apple truly discontinues selling them in their stores. I doubt the rumor.
    03-31-2010 04:34 PM
    I hope it is just a rumor thats a niche market apple would be losing if they stop selling protectives devices for apple phones. Some people are clumsy and some people just don't care how they treat their devices.
    04-01-2010 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD