Hello All

I am new to the forums and I will also be new to the iPhone come later this week I have dropped my BlackBerry a few times i was wondering how is the Otterbox Defender case? Is it as bulky as some say? I need protection for my iPhone (no insurance, must have a great case lol)

Also, if there are any females with it what exactly shade of pink is it? i think I am going to order it from Amazon tomorrow. I have also read that it is better to add a screen protector before you put it in the case, would a privacy screen be good?

Thanks for all the help i am sure I will have more questions later on in the week
    02-20-2010 04:53 PM
    It's fairly bulky.

Check out my video review:
    02-20-2010 05:59 PM
    Thanks I am really liking this case I would feel safe just tossing my phone in my big purses lol

thanks again
    02-20-2010 06:12 PM
    It's what I have. Pink and black! It is a bit bulky, but totally worth it I think
    02-20-2010 07:13 PM
    #3 here for the Defender!! There is nothing better!! I love it. Eventhough it adds some bulk to the iPhone I can still put it in my Jeans or Khaki pants pocket with NO problem.

I have not used the privacy screen protectors but I do use the screen protectors to get rid of the Air Bubbles. I use the really good think Anti-Glare ones. There are easy to put on and they are so thick that you can easily get rid of any air bubbles under them. That is what I use and I have ZERO Air/Oil Bubbles.
    02-20-2010 07:54 PM
    I saw the anti-glare ones on Amazon as well Is it harder to type with the screen protector and the screen protector that comes with the Otterbox?

Thanks
    02-20-2010 07:58 PM
    I saw the anti-glare ones on Amazon as well Is it harder to type with the screen protector and the screen protector that comes with the Otterbox?

Thanks
    Not that I have noticed. I have not any problems. The only thing about the Defender is that I find it much easier to type in Landscape Mode than in Portrait. The beezel is raised around the screen about 1/4" of an inch for protection. It makes hitting the "Q" and "P" harder for my fat thumbs. I have very large hands.:o But when I put it in Landscape mode I no problems and can type as fast as anyone.
    02-20-2010 08:31 PM
    Thanks I have the black and pink one and i love it
    02-28-2010 04:07 PM
    great case, but i cut the screen protector part out.
    03-01-2010 11:53 PM
    I quit using mine. It's just too bulky for my tastes and I got tired of everybody giving me crap about looking like I was using an old school motorola cell phone from 1990!

It's very protective - I never thought twice about tossing it in my hockey equipment bag or anything like that, but just too much for me. The salesman actually drop-kicked his across the AT&T store when I bought it.

I like a sleeker phone though.
    03-04-2010 07:31 AM

got my solid white one in today! now i am using the white plastic case with black silicone shell, and i can switch up to the reverse whenever i want. i cut out the plastic screen protector on this one too and just use my invisible shield for front protection.
    03-05-2010 02:49 PM

got my solid white one in today! now i am using the white plastic case with black silicone shell, and i can switch up to the reverse whenever i want. i cut out the plastic screen protector on this one too and just use my invisible shield for front protection.
    VERY NICE!!!!

I may have to check into doing that. I like it!
    03-06-2010 12:21 AM
    I've been doing the exact thing with mine too! I use mostly the white hard plastic with black silicone...
    I really haven't used the white silicone yet....just scared of getting it dirty, I work construction... LOL
    03-06-2010 08:07 AM
    Otterbox is the best case for serious protection ever. I carry my iPhone around with no case for day to day stuff, but when I'm going snowboarding (3 or 4 days a week) or doing anything else that might put my phone in danger the otterbox goes on right quick.
    03-10-2010 04:07 PM
    This case is amazing. It's funny, because I don't find it that large.. I mean I think it's because my mind figures that it's just sturdier so that it's safe at work.

To be fair I only use it at work.. which is around dust, bumps, so on - for personal use I just use a switcheasy serpent.

Ooh and the included belt case for this case makes the pocket issue irrelevant because I don't think to put it there lol
    03-17-2010 09:13 AM
    I also have an Otterbox Defender and love it. I used one on my Blackberry I had prior to my iPhone. I as well have a review on the Otterbox posted on Youtube.
    03-18-2010 01:02 PM
    I cannot wait to get mine. I'm placing the order today.
    03-22-2010 11:26 AM
    I work at a lumber yard and I use a Defender everyday. I never wanted to take a chance so my phone is never without it. I never hesitate to answer a call or reply to a text with greasy dirty hands. At the end of the day I just clean it up with a damp paper towel and away I go. I have dropped it in the swamp while duck hunting and they do not float, but it never damaged the phone. (it never had time to sink to the bottom)
    04-06-2010 04:02 PM
    I love this case. I dropped my phone in a cup of water and the water never even got into my phone.
    04-09-2010 01:21 AM
    I love it. It's easy to take off if i am going out to make my phone look sleeker. But definetly is protective.
    04-09-2010 01:28 AM
    Ok Ok Ok...you have all talked me into it...I ordered mine today!
    Had one on my BB 9700... So why not..
    04-09-2010 03:06 PM
    Otterbox makes great products and their customer service is unparalleled.
    04-11-2010 06:27 PM
    Well mine came yesterday!! And i must say WOW!!!
    The fit is unreal!! I now feel safe toting it around and not worried if the unthinkable should happen..like getting caught out in a sprinkle or dropping it..

GREAT product!!
    04-11-2010 06:32 PM
    So, has anyone had problems with the Otterbox's holster?
    04-19-2010 07:32 AM
    The "old" one ..Yes. The "new" ..No. The new one is GREAT. No more popping out if the holster for no reason. It really holds on to the phone like it should.

If you have an old holster, just go to Ottebox.com and fill out a form and they will ship you a new holster for free. I think they will still do that.
    04-19-2010 07:59 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD