I did a search and didn't see this talked about here so I thought I might make a post. I have been looking for a way to change tracks while driving without having to pick up the iPhone, unlock it and then manually change the track. I would love to have a bluetooth remote that I could just click to change tracks or do other simple music functions while driving.

I have a 3GS. Is there anything out there like this??
    02-13-2010 11:30 PM
    The iPhone doesn't yet support the AVRCP profile which is necessary to do this. Maybe in the next firmware update?
    02-14-2010 10:52 AM
    Hi Alli. Thanks for your response. I didn't know that about the AVRCP profile. Hopefully Apple will give it to us on the next update and then put out a remote for it.
    02-14-2010 01:54 PM
    If you already have a Bluetooth accessory that can currently only Play or Pause the music on your iPhone, Bluetooth Helper is an app that will now let you skip tracks.

I just posted an announcement thread about Bluetooth Helper over in the proper section. I'm not trying to spam here, but this seemed directly applicable to frogstofall's question.
    02-15-2010 05:32 PM
    Why can't we just have a simple bluetooth remote. I've found workout devices which monitor heart rate and have remotes built into them yet i've been unable to find one for under $120. I just want to be able to change tracks while in the car without having to hit a bunch of buttons on my phone while it sits in the magellan dock. Anyone find anything? Whoever comes out with one could make a killing.
    11-25-2011 05:35 PM
    Could you just use this remote? I've never tried it, just saw it on apples store app on my phone.

http://aos.prf.hn/click/camref:1100l...duct/MC377LL/A

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-25-2011 07:29 PM
    Could you just use this remote? I've never tried it, just saw it on apples store app on my phone.

http://aos.prf.hn/click/camref:1100l...duct/MC377LL/A

This looks like what I need. Any reviews yet?
    11-27-2011 09:57 AM
    This looks like what I need. Any reviews yet?
    I don't know of anyone who has used it, but it might be worth the $19 to try it and if it doesn't work, return it.

11-27-2011 10:04 AM
    you need the apple dock in order for the remote to work. its not bluetooth.

i was quite frustrated that no one had thought of a remote+app yet. so one day when i was randomly perusing youtube, i stumbled upon this:
    www dot youtube dot com / watch?v=DYZ0ZMPmI78

this is a god send. This is the only reason why my iphone is jailbroken. its uber convenient.

before i was using flicktunes while i drove. now i have the wiimote app running in the background with backgrounder and i open up flicktunes. (i havent used the stock ipod interface for a while since the font is customizable with flicktunes, hard to read small font on the iphone while driving.) hope this helps
    12-08-2011 02:03 PM
    If you have iOS 5 or more, you can use the Satechi Bluetooth remote control. Setup is like a bluetooth keyboard setup, you can do all the play pause next track functions, and the best thing about it is that it works when iPhone is locked.

Amazon.com: Satechi BT MediaRemote Bluetooth Multi-Media Remote Control for iPhone, iPad & iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and Mac Mini: Computers & Accessories
    Last edited by jackmcm; 05-22-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo
    05-22-2012 05:51 PM
    I have always wished for an app which do act as my remote but cant seem to find one with all the features including file manager, task manager and media controls.
    05-23-2012 05:15 PM
    I do not have two Bluetooth headphones but i was able to connect both my headset and headphones at the same time. while i have music playing on my headphones i am able to press the call button on my headset and voice control will launch.
    06-21-2012 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD