Otterbox Defender

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Is it just me, or is it difficult to type when using the Otterbox Defender?

I did leave my screen protector (Invisishield) on my iPhone, just in case I ever remove my Otterbox. But, I swear I have to type or press letters multiple times or even hard, too...

So, what say you?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I do not use Invisihield but I do use the Anti-Glare screen protector. It eliminates the "water/oil spots" for me. Not sure if the Invisishield is thicker or not but the Ant-Glare is fairly thick.

I do not have any probs typing. The only thing that I have noticed is that it is easier to type in Landscape Mode while in the Otterbox. The raised beezel makes hitting the "P" and the "Q" hard for my fat thumbs when in Portrait Maode.:p When I am in Landscape Mode I have no probs at all. I am actually quite fast.:cool:

Only thing that I can think of is to be sure that the Otterbox is "snapped" together. You need to hear it click at all three locations. I always have to double check that myself for that.:rolleyes:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I just removed the IS, and it does seem to like typing on the device is MUCH better...

As for using the case on my fat butt, well, that's another story. Sometimes it feels as if it's about to fall off.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Are you using the Belt Clip? That thing sucks!! That is the only thing about the Defender Series I do NOT like. :( I quit using it. I just slip the phone in my pocket (pants/jacket) most of the time.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm caseless... :D

I also have the anti-glare screen protector on and do not have any issues with typing.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Still not 100% sure about this case yet. The case itself is brilliant, protection wise. But, as for typing (I tend to NEVER use Landscape) it's not 100%, more like 70%.

Getting to the O & P is rather annoying. Damn it! I'll try it for one more day, then failing that, it might have to go back...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...this is weird. I've spent the last 30+ minutes watching YouTube reviews of the Otterbox Defender. And, wait for it, NO ONE has 'using the keyboard' during their review.

Let me look for a review by Larry Greenberg. I bet he did on his...

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I guess once I figured out that I could not type that good in Portrait and when the iPhone got Landscape everywhere, that is when I converted to Landscape almost 100%. Almost all the apps that I have support Landscape mode typing. I have even found myself using Landscape even when my iPhone is out of the Otterbox. (which is rare)

I mean most Games are in Landscape mode and I have found that the added "bulk" actually helps me control the iPhone in game play a little better.:rolleyes:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Typing on my iPhone with the Otterbox Defender case today seems much better; odd really...

Now to resolve the water mark screen issue. I might have to buy some eye glass cleaner. Not sure I want to try the baby power option...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234