Anyone see the Solo FX SE cases for cheaper than $34.99? I haven't seen the SE's in too many places online.

TIA!
    11-22-2009 12:06 PM
    Not the actual cases but there are some fakes that some people claim are just as good or better(from a guy who apparently has a real one and a fake one). I can link you to the eBay store when I get on my home PC. Search YouTube, a girl compares the real vs the fake one and the fake one appears to have better headphone and camera cutouts.
    11-23-2009 10:24 PM
    stores.ebay.com/songling740__W0QQ_sacatZsongling740QQ_sidZ45570361 6?_nkw=soft+plastic+case&submit=Search

Comparison video --> youtube.com/watch?v=zE5xoo4KSK8

I was always skeptical about the fake cases but after that video and what I read about the imposter case being better than the original by a user who owned both, I'm thinking about getting a few cases. For a little over $5 dollars, why not?
    11-24-2009 12:32 AM
    stores.ebay.com/songling740__W0QQ_sacatZsongling740QQ_sidZ45570361 6?_nkw=soft+plastic+case&submit=Search

Comparison video --> youtube.com/watch?v=zE5xoo4KSK8

I was always skeptical about the fake cases but after that video and what I read about the imposter case being better than the original by a user who owned both, I'm thinking about getting a few cases. For a little over $5 dollars, why not?
    That video is for the FX and not the FX SE.
    11-24-2009 03:52 PM
    Point taken. However, the eBay link has some(if not all) of the FX SE colors which to my knowledge is the only difference.
    11-25-2009 01:00 AM
    Point taken. However, the eBay link has some(if not all) of the FX SE colors which to my knowledge is the only difference.
    Interesting. I know the FX SE's have the matte finish. Not sure if the fakes are of the glossy type.
    11-25-2009 08:00 PM
    Oh I never really looked into them enough to realize they were not glossy like the standard Solo FX's were. The fake does appear to be high gloss so if you want matte finish you may have to get the brand name one.
    11-25-2009 10:02 PM
    I too was looking for a deal on the iSkin Solo FX, but there were really no deals to be had. The cheapest I could find them for was $29.95 at MyGearStore.com, but after you factor in shipping, etc., it comes out around the same price as picking one up at your local Apple Store.

I ended up purchasing mine through Apple.com because I wanted to get them here in time for Christmas. I also have some original iSkin Solo FX cases, and they are identical, minus the matte finish and color options. Best cases out there IMHO.
    12-26-2009 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD