Music in your Bluetooth?

m2inus

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
So I've searched the Forums and haven't found a definitive answer.

I just got the 3GS and want to get a Bluetooth Earpiece (for 1 ear) that I can use to both answer calls and listen to music. Can you play music through any Bluetooth Earpiece, or is it only certain ones?

If so, what are the options?

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
The Bluetooth phone and headset must both support A2DP. I have the JABRA BT8040. You can get if for abou $40 on amazon and others sell it up to $100. It also supports 6 profiles. Definetly worth it. Hope this helps. I also use it with my PS3.​

Amazon.com Product Description
Weighing under half an ounce, the Jabra BT8040 works as both a standard communication headset for your mobile phone as well as a wireless music headset (mono). You'll be able to listen to music stored on your mobile device (compatible with the A2DP Bluetooth stereo music profile) and then quickly switch over to answering incoming calls. It also feature a third-generation Jabra ear gel for a comfortable in-ear fit without a hook.

The Jabra BT8040 enables you to listen to streaming music from compatible devices as well as take and make calls (see a larger schematic of all controls).
The BT8040 offers digital sound processing (DSP) technology and intelligent volume controls to reduce background noise for crisp, sharp sound, as well as e-SCO technology for crystal clear voice transfer between headset and phone. Acoustic shock protection automatically adapts and regulates the volume, safe-guarding the ear from sudden increases in noise.

Features and Specifications
Up to 6 hours of talk time and up to 200 hours standby
Operating range up to 33 feet
Optimized sound quality with Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and eSCO (Extended Synchronous Connections)
DSP (Digital signal processing) technology, active noise reduction, and intelligent volume equalisation
Acoustic shock protection
MultiPoint connects up to 8 devices--2 at any one time
A2DP Bluetooth profile for streaming music
"No hook" wearing style
Auto pairing, answer/end call, voice dialing*, last number redial*, reject a call*, call hold/call wait*, mute, quiet mode (*phone dependent)
Rechargeable battery with charging option from AC power supply or PC via USB cable

Listening to Music
The Jabra BT8040 is capable of streaming music over Bluetooth--either from a mobile phone or any other Bluetooth device supporting A2DP. Once you have paired your BT8040 with your mobile phone or to the Bluetooth music player, use your phone or music player to play, pause, stop, skip forward, or backward. When you receive a call, the music will be automatically suspended and you will be able to answer or reject a call through the headset. Once you end a call, the music should restart. On some phones and music devices you may have to press "play" to restart the music.

Using Jabra BT8040 with Two Mobile Phones
Jabra BT8040 is capable of having two mobile phones (or Bluetooth devices) connected to the headset at the same time. This will give you the freedom of having only one headset to operate both of your mobile phones. Please note that Last Number Redial will dial the number from the last outgoing call, independent of the mobile phones, and the Voice Dialing function will only work on the last paired mobile phone.

Product Description
Weighing under half an ounce, the Jabra BT8040 works as both a standard communication headset for your mobile phone as well as a wireless music headset (mono). You'll be able to listen to music stored on your mobile device (compatible with the A2DP Bluetooth stereo music profile) and then quickly switch over to answering incoming calls. It also feature a third-generation Jabra ear gel for a comfortable in-ear fit without a hook.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Couple of month ago,I was using the original Palm Treo bluetooth headset. Once I was on a call, I could start a track on the iPhone and the music plays somewhat muffled at the same time in the background..Isn't it cool?
But the real coolest thing is that the person I was calling also could hear the music sometimes! You will not get the best audio quality with this, but it is surely good for sharing a track with friends.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro