hard case that doesn't scratch iphone

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i'm looking for a hard case that doesn't scratch the back/side of the iphone when you put it on. I had this case http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/exchangecellular_2065_1819361075 but when i took it off the back of my phone was scratched and also the metal sides, not to mention leaving a mark on the screen protector.is there any hard case that has a soft or silicon like inside? i would appreciate any suggestions.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's the thing about hard cases... no way around it and one of the main reasons I prefer silicone cases. You can cut a piece of micro fiber cloth and lay that on the inside of the case and lay the phone down on that. That works as long as the cloth is thin enough.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
That's the thing about hard cases... no way around it and one of the main reasons I prefer silicone cases. You can cut a piece of micro fiber cloth and lay that on the inside of the case and lay the phone down on that. That works as long as the cloth is thin enough.

do you have any preferences for silicon cases? and do you know anything about the incase slider or the zagg invisible shield, because after doing some searches they seem like the most popular cases around

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Marware makes some sturdy silicone cases as does Switcheasy. Incase slider will scratch the chrome bezel for sure if you take the case off constantly. I would not waste my time with the shield. That's just me though. I have tried them for testing purposes and I am not a fan.

toenniel

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I am using a speck candyshell and I love it so far. It is a hard case, but the inside is lined with rubber so it won't scratch the iphone. There are a few other threads about the case on the forum, it's gotten a lot of good reviews.

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the Griffin Graphite slider case with no scratches on my phone and my wife has the Incase Gloss White that you have linked to and also has no scratches on her phone. We finally went an Apple store to find something that we could physically look at and see how they fit.

javanutsy

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I am using a speck candyshell and I love it so far. It is a hard case, but the inside is lined with rubber so it won't scratch the iphone. There are a few other threads about the case on the forum, it's gotten a lot of good reviews.

+1 on the Candy Shell. Great case, but just slightly bulky, which is understandable because of the soft interior + hard exterior... There are many iPhone case reviews on YouTube which can give you a better idea of the different cases.

bcald7

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've got a big 'ol OtterBox Defender mama-chicken. I've dropped it 4 times so far on asphalt and it's fine. I've opened the case and it's still like new. The Defender IS big and bulky but it will protect your iPhone very nicely.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i just recently took off my innocase, its scratched up my phone to holy hell! i took some pics of it because it damaged it so bad. i only take it off once a week or so for cleaning, and the chrome bezel is scratched on the top and bottom. and now i have a huge gash on the back of the phone. i've put my griffin slider case back on. i dont know what happened.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
On the back part, right? I noticed that the Incase Slider did the same thing. But, on my new 32GB 3GS, I've installed the Incase, but I don't take the bottom piece off anymore to place in the charging dock.

I'm now wondering if it was me taking the bottom piece off that cause the upper half to scratch the back of my 16GB 3GS...

i just recently took off my innocase, its scratched up my phone to holy hell! i took some pics of it because it damaged it so bad. i only take it off once a week or so for cleaning, and the chrome bezel is scratched on the top and bottom. and now i have a huge gash on the back of the phone. i've put my griffin slider case back on. i dont know what happened.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
the back got a few scratches, most of the damage was to the top and very bottom of the chrome part on the front. it almost looks like i took some sandpaper to it or something very odd. all i can figure is that maybe dirt or debris gets caught in there and rubs? the big gash i've got is a definete mystery though, i'm not sure what happened!

rickshaw

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello. New here. I know that this post was kind of old but I have a question about a case. Will the Griffin Chilewick case also scratch the front and back of the iPhone 3Gs? Anyone got this case?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

ryanlberg

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
you could get a decal girl or gelaskin to put on the back of the phone they have lots of colors and designs this is mine they cover the back of phone
iphone.jpg

CJ702

Dec 14, 2009
www.justificationleague.com
+1 for the Ifrogz cases. it wraps the phone in a plastic case and has never scratched my phone on sides or back. Am on my second one, I damaged the first but I love the design, and recommend them all the time, I got it on ebay shipped for less than $15.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I've had several different Incases.. some have scratched my phone, others have not.

Best thing to do is rub down the inside and edges of the case with a microfiber cloth to try and smooth things and get any dirt out before sliding your phone into the case.

missdee

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
it seems like speck candyshell cases would be perfect for what your looking for, or what i am currently using, which is the incase frame case. the back is plastic, but the sides are silicone and cover the bezel of the phone very nicely