battery extender

FalconEV

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
What is everybody using ?
the new unit to become available is the I-Boost Batt extender.
A cradle with 3000mAh of power
from Falconev.com for $50, click on cool stuff
lets hear of anything to top it...

sdallenhou

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Mophe Juice Pack. I have thoroughly researched the external battery packs, and this is a good compromise taking into consideration such factors as weight, case for phone (as opposed to an appendage), and mAh provided. I like the additional weight and texture--I have yet to drop the phone while in the Mophie, whereas I dropped my previous iPhone (without a case) constantly.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i bought an iPWR on TheCellGuru for around $50. it's a 1800 mAh power supply.
it has a plug-in charger that is retractable (great for tucking neatly away). first attempt to fully charge the battery took about 4-6 hours i think.

it also has an On/Off switch that claims to allow it to retain it's charge for much longer period of time. once plugged into an iPhone, it will charge the battery AND the iPhone simultaneously. the battery by itself will fully charge your iPhone in about 2.5 hours.

i've been impressed with it thus far. and the big bonus is, it's small and can be dropped in your pocket and brought along for most any trip. i highly recommend it if you just want something to bail you out on those heavy use days.

Tekgeeek

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
If you guys use these battery packs, do they make your iPhone too bulky? I've seen a couple online and they really look like they would make my website very very bulky!

wgary

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
I have Kensington Mini. Gives me a 75% charge pretty quickly, which is enough to get me where I'm going. Easy to pocket, pretty inexpensive. A little bulky when it's on, but I just charge and go.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I have Kensington Mini. Gives me a 75% charge pretty quickly, which is enough to get me where I'm going. Easy to pocket, pretty inexpensive. A little bulky when it's on, but I just charge and go.

I have a Kesington mini currently and it works well but not enough juice for long flights. I've got an 8hr transatlantic flight in a week and need more juice. I'm ordering this Tekkeon Great size,4000mAh, and almost the same price I paid for the Kessington.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
Do any of these batteries fit into the dock connector of the iPhone even if you have a case, like a silicone case?

Most of the battery chargers should fit, but it also depends on the case that you have. I have used my iPwr with a Speck Candy Shell, SwitchEasy Rebel Serpent, Griffin Reveal, and a case very similar to the iFrogz Luxe.

The less the case restricts the bottom of the device, the more success you will have with plug-in battery extenders.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
What is everybody using ?
the new unit to become available is the I-Boost Batt extender.
A cradle with 3000mAh of power
from Falconev.com for $50, click on cool stuff
lets hear of anything to top it...
I have three. Like the Richard Solo the best. It is the fasted way to charge my iPhone.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
How does the iPwr work for you? How many times can u charger you iPhone 3GS with it?

I have never had to recharge a fully depleted 3GS with it but most 1800mah batteries usually good for 1 1/2 charges.

The iPwr also has an on/off switch so it retains a charge for quite a bit of time if you turn it off when not using it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox