What is everybody using ?
    the new unit to become available is the I-Boost Batt extender.
    A cradle with 3000mAh of power
    from Falconev.com for $50, click on cool stuff
    lets hear of anything to top it...
    08-12-2009 06:17 PM
    Mophie Juice Pack
    08-13-2009 10:24 AM
    Mophe Juice Pack. I have thoroughly researched the external battery packs, and this is a good compromise taking into consideration such factors as weight, case for phone (as opposed to an appendage), and mAh provided. I like the additional weight and texture--I have yet to drop the phone while in the Mophie, whereas I dropped my previous iPhone (without a case) constantly.
    08-18-2009 03:04 PM
    I've got a great case which won't allow for a morpe....what other good options are out there? I'm considering:
    Amazon.com: Apc Universal Battery, 10WH: Electronics

Amazon.com: External Battery for Iphone, Iphone 3g, Iphone 3gs, T-mobile G1, Ipod, Sidekick, Blackberry, Nokia, 5400 Mah: Electronics
    there're a few others but they need to be high capacity due to the 3GS torment on battery life.
    08-19-2009 11:29 AM
    This works well >>> Powerjolt
    08-19-2009 11:48 AM
    I tried the juice pack and it gave me interferance on my iPhone when I was talking on it.
    08-19-2009 12:22 PM
    Works very similar to the Kesington mini I'm using now. I'm going for a larger capacity at this point...4000mAh at least. I don't even want to ration power like I do even with the Kesington mini.
    08-19-2009 12:44 PM
    i bought an iPWR on TheCellGuru for around $50. it's a 1800 mAh power supply.
    it has a plug-in charger that is retractable (great for tucking neatly away). first attempt to fully charge the battery took about 4-6 hours i think.

it also has an On/Off switch that claims to allow it to retain it's charge for much longer period of time. once plugged into an iPhone, it will charge the battery AND the iPhone simultaneously. the battery by itself will fully charge your iPhone in about 2.5 hours.

i've been impressed with it thus far. and the big bonus is, it's small and can be dropped in your pocket and brought along for most any trip. i highly recommend it if you just want something to bail you out on those heavy use days.
    08-19-2009 03:09 PM
    I picked up the incase power slider. It's bulky, but I like it.
    08-19-2009 03:18 PM
    If you guys use these battery packs, do they make your iPhone too bulky? I've seen a couple online and they really look like they would make my website very very bulky!
    08-19-2009 05:38 PM
    I have an iPwr 1800 and a Case-Mate Fuel
    08-19-2009 07:18 PM
    Richard Solo 1800. Got a free hardcase with it.
    08-19-2009 07:54 PM
    I have Kensington Mini. Gives me a 75% charge pretty quickly, which is enough to get me where I'm going. Easy to pocket, pretty inexpensive. A little bulky when it's on, but I just charge and go.
    08-21-2009 10:41 PM
    I have Kensington Mini. Gives me a 75% charge pretty quickly, which is enough to get me where I'm going. Easy to pocket, pretty inexpensive. A little bulky when it's on, but I just charge and go.
    I have a Kesington mini currently and it works well but not enough juice for long flights. I've got an 8hr transatlantic flight in a week and need more juice. I'm ordering this Tekkeon Great size,4000mAh, and almost the same price I paid for the Kessington.
    08-21-2009 11:52 PM
    Do any of these batteries fit into the dock connector of the iPhone even if you have a case, like a silicone case?
    08-30-2009 04:17 PM
    Do any of these batteries fit into the dock connector of the iPhone even if you have a case, like a silicone case?
    Most of the battery chargers should fit, but it also depends on the case that you have. I have used my iPwr with a Speck Candy Shell, SwitchEasy Rebel Serpent, Griffin Reveal, and a case very similar to the iFrogz Luxe.

The less the case restricts the bottom of the device, the more success you will have with plug-in battery extenders.
    08-30-2009 06:26 PM
    I'm going to have to disagree. if it put out more maH it would be great, the size is perfect but the JOLT (excuse the pun) is not enough.
    I returned it to the Apple Store.
    08-31-2009 12:34 AM
    I have an iPwr 1800 and a Case-Mate Fuel
    How does the iPwr work for you? How many times can u charger you iPhone 3GS with it?
    08-31-2009 12:38 AM
    What is everybody using ?
    the new unit to become available is the I-Boost Batt extender.
    A cradle with 3000mAh of power
    from Falconev.com for $50, click on cool stuff
    lets hear of anything to top it...
    I have three. Like the Richard Solo the best. It is the fasted way to charge my iPhone.
    08-31-2009 09:47 AM
    How does the iPwr work for you? How many times can u charger you iPhone 3GS with it?
    I have never had to recharge a fully depleted 3GS with it but most 1800mah batteries usually good for 1 1/2 charges.

The iPwr also has an on/off switch so it retains a charge for quite a bit of time if you turn it off when not using it.
    08-31-2009 07:27 PM
    I was going to buy a Mophie Air Case until I heard of signal strength issues. The downside of external batteries is remembering to recharge them.
    09-04-2009 01:45 AM
    I was going to buy a Mophie Air Case until I heard of signal strength issues. The downside of external batteries is remembering to recharge them.
    Not to mention remembering to take one with you. I have three including one that can use AAs if necessary.

I have been carrying an extra battery since long before the iPhone. Can you say, "Palm?" I think that there is a natural law that says, "Use expands to consume all the power in any battery."
    09-04-2009 10:58 AM
    I just carry with my chargers. Cheaper !
    09-08-2009 03:34 AM
    if Mophie Air Case have problem with signal strength, inCase Power-Slider discontinued due to signal strength problem , mili power pack get`s stock in your iPhone if used with screen protector, looks like the blogs have nothing good to say about those power packs..

This is my first iPhone and i am looking for a good power case
    10-12-2009 08:44 AM
    if Mophie Air Case have problem with signal strength, inCase Power-Slider discontinued due to signal strength problem , mili power pack get`s stock in your iPhone if used with screen protector, looks like the blogs have nothing good to say about those power packs..

This is my first iPhone and i am looking for a good power case
    @sophian Check here http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/all-i...-good-buy.html
    10-12-2009 08:59 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD