is anyone familiar with this product? it claims to be an Apple certified product, but i've never heard anyone mention it. i stumbled upon this when researching the Richard Solo 1800 charger. it is half the size of RS1800 but about same price. any thoughts? (link below)

iPWR for iPhone 3G, iPhone and iPod
    07-24-2009 05:47 PM
    Yep, I actually have two of them. I actually won an iPwr from iLounge that I gave to my wife for her iPhone. It is definitely a great product. I ordered a Richard Solo 1800, took one look at the size and decided to return it. Yes, the iPwr is literally half the size. It also offers a power off switch which makes storing it very convenient without losing a charge. When attached to the iPhone, the phone still very usable in terms of holding at an making calls.

The iPwr is definitely a great little charger and will fit in a pair of jeans with no problem. Highly recommended.
    07-29-2009 12:27 AM
    I ordered mine a month ago when I got my 3GS. I'd give the ipwr product a big thumbs up. Product works really well. It's small, easy to use and provides a quick charge when needed.
    Last edited by MainStream; 07-29-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    07-29-2009 09:10 AM
    have either of you verified that the iPwr will fully charge the 3GS? that's what the Solo claims to do (with power left over). just curious
    07-29-2009 06:18 PM
    have either of you verified that the iPwr will fully charge the 3GS? that's what the Solo claims to do (with power left over). just curious
    Well, I have never used it to fully charge, but I don't see any reason why an 1800mah battery would fail to do so, especially if claimed by Richard Solo.
    07-29-2009 06:56 PM
    According to RS brochure (I just got mine today), the iPhone battery is 1100 mAH (maybe that's the #g and not 3GS?). So 1800 mAH should have plenty of juice to fully charge the 3GS.

I'll find out tomorrow after charging my RS overnight.

PS: They are giving a free case with the RS. That was good enough for me as I bought my iPhone yesterday and was looking for a case.
    07-29-2009 07:21 PM
    The RS 1800 definitely charges it completely and has juice left over. And the custom case (that comes free with all their chargers) is still my all time favorite.
    07-29-2009 09:48 PM
    thanks for all the info, all. i'll definitely look into both the RS and the iPWR some more. appreciate all the replies.
    07-29-2009 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD