Apple USB Power Adapter A1265 w/ iPhone 3GS

muzicman82

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I just bought some Apple USB Power Adapters on eBay. They claim to be Apple OEM and do indeed look as such, unless they are modified internally.

When I attach a new iPhone 3GS with an Apple OEM USB Dock Cable, it says "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone... Charging is not supported with this accessory."

If I retry about 15 times, it will start charging... but sometimes it'll just take a while to display this message.

What's going on? Did I get scammed on fake adapters?

I did jailbreak this iPhone with purplera1n if that makes a difference.

Charging with a PC always works.

What should I do?

One user posted a review on Apple's Product Page saying:

I cant believe no one else has this problem. It takes multiple attempts at get this to work with the Iphone 3gs it came with. Had same problem with original Iphone and its origanal charger. You have to plug the iphone, and charger together, plug into wall but it wont sync or start charging. so you gotta take out of wall and replug in. sometimes it takes 15 to 20 attemps. I usually just give up and go plug into comp. has same problem at multiple locations and outlets. to many attempts at plugging into a wall. I mean it should not be this hard.

bakalaj

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. No error message but it takes multiple attempts to plug the adaptor into a wall plug and just like you I usually just give up and charge it via my laptop. What's with that?

muzicman82

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
After comparing the charger to the one that came with the iPhone, I could tell the eBay one was a fake... even though they were selling them as OEM.

Turns out there are a lot of Apple fakes being make in China and elsewhere, so close that an eBay photo can't show the differences.

They did refund my money and return shipping though..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR