Those who dont use a case - condition of iphone??

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Thinking about getting rid of my silicone case, it's kind of bulky.... And the phone looks really nice as it is...
Any inputs on how good/damage/scratched is your iphone without a case??

Thanks

SinnerBoy84

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I can't even imagine going without a case, I would suggest maybe going with one of those protective films instead of going naked... at least it'll protect it from scratches. Sticking the phone into a pocket with a set of keys can cause minor scratches, already.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I can't even imagine going without a case, I would suggest maybe going with one of those protective films instead of going naked... at least it'll protect it from scratches. Sticking the phone into a pocket with a set of keys can cause minor scratches, already.

Why would you put the iphone in a pocket with keys? And you actually use a screen cover?? So much for the oleo screen.

I've never used a case and carry it in pocket. Phone looks great. Screen doesn't scratch.

kmb08

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
If you're looking for a good case without any bulk at all, I have a clear one that just covers the back of the phone. It's called the air jacket set, comes with a screen protector but I don't use it because of the new coating on the screen. My sister goes without (she has a white 3G) and I don't know if its her dropping it or what not but it's pretty banged up.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Over a year my white one got pretty banged up but I've noticed that scratches and dirt show up a LOT more on my new black one. it sucks. With the white one I used it out of the case for most of the time I had it and I got several chips on the plastic, stretchmarks, small contusions near the ass of the device (from dropping on pavement/rock ground from short distances).

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Over a year my white one got pretty banged up but I've noticed that scratches and dirt show up a LOT more on my new black one. it sucks. With the white one I used it out of the case for most of the time I had it and I got several chips on the plastic, stretchmarks, small contusions near the ass of the device (from dropping on pavement/rock ground from short distances).

interesting. i'm really leaning towards the white 3GS. based on all other 'neat and shiny' black colored tech items i've owned, i was thinking black would show scratches and smudges a LOT more. but white has it's downside too. especially what jellotime91 is describing. eesh!

@jellotime91: what are you referring to when you say 'stretchmarks'? not something i can visualize on a phone.

canamera

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Both my wife and I have a black 3G each since last Christmas, and both of us use siclicone (back only cover) cases. On the front, we both use the screen protector. I can almost get away with selling them brand new!!!!! Believe it or not! They are both in imaculate condition, with barely a smudge on them.

I don't want to forget to mention that I work in the construction field, Hardwood flooring installer, and finnisher.

So it all depends where you keep it, whats in your pocket along with it, and wether your case is any good....thats if you use one at all.

A friend of mine has a white one, without a case, and he just leaves it anywhere... and it looks like it as gone to hell and back. It hurst me just to watch him handle it!!!!!!

canamera

May 23, 2009
Visit site
The only scratches on my iPhone and BlackBerry, are FROM cases.

I'm going to assume that you use those cases which you need to remove your phone to use. I had the same problem with my Treo, it was because of always sliding it in and out of the case to make a call or play with.

bgro

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Any phone that I've used WITHOUT a case in the past has eventually been destroyed. I would never use any expensive smartphone (iPhone, Blackberry) without a case

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
It depends on the model - I have an original iPhone 2g that has never seen a case. Only the chrome rim is a little scuffed. The aluminium back is in great shape and so is the screen. I usually just throw it in my pocket. I wouldn't dare do that with the newer 3G/S models. They seem so much more fragile.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711