Incase Power Slider Question

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
So, with 32 days until I'm out of my TMo contract, I've been looking at cases and ways to protect ( and supply additional power ) to my iPhone.

I've come to like the Incase Power Slider case, but since it doesn't have a screen protector I was wondering if the case fits iPhones when fitted with the Zagg Invisible Shield. Does it not fit? Just with the front or with both front and back shields applied?

Thanks in advance :)

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
You'll find that it'll be a really snug fit if you apply both shields. You'll probably be able to get away with using the front only though.

I've been using the Power Slider since Christmas and absolutely cannot do without it. My normal routine remove the phone from it at night after it's discharged and plug it in (I put my daily vitamin with it so I don't for get it :eek:) ) and then keep the phone charged overnight by using a cradle on my headboard as my phone acts as my alarm clock as well.

The only thing missing from the Incase Power Slider is the ability to buy more of the "special" USB2.1 charge/sync cables.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
32 days to freedom! lol i am currently right there with you big9erfan! august 1st, i get to leave Verizon for iPhone 3GS bliss :D

as for a screen protector, it seems many of the 3GS users are opting NOT to apply one. guessing here, but the iPhone glass seems pretty resistant to scratches. now with the oleo coating, it is now resistant to smudges & fingerprints too. i may try skipping on the purchase of a screen protector and just going with a case protecting the backside.

either way you go, good luck and enjoy the phone! if you find a great case/protector, be sure to let us know!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm tempted to skip the screen protector as well, but I'd REALLY hate to get it scratched and then have learned the "hard way" so to speak.

There are times I have my gf hold my phone, which inevitably finds its way into her cavernous purse, with who-knows-what lurking in those depths.

Right now I'm torn on reviews between Mophie and Incase. I guess the good thing about having 32 days left on a contract TMobile wont' prorate me out of is I have yet MORE time to research and decide. I guess >_<

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
IMO there's no contest. The Incase wins hands down since it's a fully functional case rather than an open ended sleeve-like setup with an open top. The only thing I need to worry about is the screen itself which has never been a problem for me.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The new Mophie cases are fully enclosed with a top piece like the Incase, thus part of my dilemma.

I've also read a few reviews about the cases making reception drop like my bank account after the divorce. Have you had any issues?

I take it you don't use any kind of screen protection?

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Nope. No screen protector. Call me a rebel, but I haven't had any issues at all. The closest I've come to real issues is my fiancee getting upset because teh extended battery allows me to play longer. :)

The Incase has the ability to sync directly through the case using their 'special' cable, but I've found that to be problematic and inconsistent so I sync outside of the case.

The only way they could have made the case better would have been to incorporate a passthrough connection for a standard iPhone sync cable instead of going all proprietary on us.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
How much longer "typical use" do you find the Incase to give you? Just looking for some real world use cases.

I don't fiddle with my phone much, though I know I will initially after getting the 3GS, but after the "OH SHINY!" effect wears off, I'm hoping to get some decent standby time ( most of my usage is light web, moderate texting & calling, along with some random app-ness here and there ).

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
My experience has been that the Incase will provide power from about 8am until 5pm without any issues. This is heavily dependent on what I'm doing as my WiFi, BT, and 3g are always on. Around 5 when the battery drains to the point I'm using the iPhone's internal battery which easily lasts until around midnight or so, again, heavily dependent on usage.

Without the Power Slider I would have to charge multiple times a day. Guaranteed. I've had some really heavy days where I've drained the slider by noon, charged it, and drained it again by 5, but those are days off when I'm doing nothing but playing iMob and leaning on the radios pretty hard.

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the "OH SHINY!" effect really wears off. I've had my 3g for almost a year now and despite the horrible ADD that afflicted me with every other phone I have bought, I still can't put my iPhone down.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
resurrecting this thread...

can anyone verify that the incase power slider works withe 3GS? incase said they could not verify at this time that their power slider was 3GS compatible (as of 7/6/09). and the morphie air seems like a good option, but i didn't like it's styling or reputation for reducing signal strength on the iPhone. and not sure which would provide better power supply either. watched the YouTube reviews on both.

anybody tested either of these with their 3GS? would love to hear about your experiences.

iphonefreak

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
The Power Slider works with 3gs

The Power Slider works well with the 3Gs. I bought the Power Slider to go on vacation last week. I only had to charge once every 2 days or so. I take my iPhone out of the case to charge it and sync. (I don't like syncing with the Power Slider on).
A strange thing happened today. All of a sudden, my phone said, "no service" and "...searching." My iPhone had a 24% charge in the Power Slider. When I took the PS off, I suddenly had all of my bars again, about 20% charge. I put the case back on and I still had full service. Very strange. Otherwise I'm pleased with the Power Slider.

Fender Doc

Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Santa filled my stocking with an Incase Power Slider this past Christmas. It is nice because it protects all the edges and does not "look" much different when it is on the iPhone. Nobody has every noticed the Power Slider Case on the iPhone - it just looks like the iPhone. It does not catch on anything when putting in and out of my pockets.

I was dreading that the new iPhone would not fit my Power Slider Case, but these worries were put to rest when the iPhone 3GS was released.

My wife started nursing school in May. She likes to record the class lectures. She was using some different, old iPod we had laying around with aftermarket microphones. After getting the iPhone 3GS, she started recording lectures with it. By the end of a full day of lectures, her iPhone was almost dead. We put my Incase Power Slider Case on her phone. Now by the end of a day of lectures, she has almost drained the charge on the Power Slider Case and her iPhone still has a full charge. This past weekend, we bought her her own Power Slider Case.

She uses an anti-glare screen protector and I do not use a screen protector. The Power Slider Case works either way without a problem.

I highly recommend the Incase Power Slider Case.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I bought this case Thursday and returned to Apple on Saturday for a Mophie. When I used it in made my 3GS lose signal, I called Incase, their rep said it was a known issue to them and that it works fine on some 3GS's and not on others. She also said they have stopped production of the case and will have a new release in time for the holidays.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I picked up the Power Slider when I got my 3GS last Saturday.

I was worried about having problems with service, so it was the first case I put on after walking out of the Apple store. It works flawlessly. In the mall I had full bars, and with the case on, full bars. When I was at my sister's house ( house sitting ) I had 4 - 5 bars, with the case on the same. At work, full bars, with the case on, the same thing, and at home full bars and with the case on the same thing.

While I do believe some people have issues with it cutting off service, I haven't had the issue and am VERY pleased with the extra juice it gives my device.

TonyPatron

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
It works with 3g, 3gs, and even the original iPhone. I've got all three in my household and we switch off using the case when we need a long charge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal