PS Anti glave vs crystal

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I dont see any comparsions on here but does any use the Anti Glare over the Crystal ? I have the anti glare on now and its great for finger prints but not as clear as i thought

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I like the Anti-Glare.. works great.

Crystal would be clearer but wouldn't take care of the fingerprints/smudges..

Can't have both, decide what matters more to you.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I used the Power Support Anti-Glare\Anti-Fingerprint on my last 3G and loved it, I got so used to the feel of the screen protector I preferred it over the glass.

Now with 3GS the screen is much clearer and brighter so I'm trying to get used to the glass with no screen cover on it.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I used the Power Support Anti-Glare\Anti-Fingerprint on my last 3G and loved it, I got so used to the feel of the screen protector I preferred it over the glass.

Now with 3GS the screen is much clearer and brighter so I'm trying to get used to the glass with no screen cover on it.

I tried, but couldn't take the feeling of the glass. Seemed to sluggish/tacky.. needed the smoothness of the Anti-Glare.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OMG Anti-Glare is the BEST! I've used it on all of my WM phones and now my iPhone 3G and 3Gs.

I will say that the PS is the best Anti-Glare I've used because the others have been too thick and cause the screen to be unresponsive.

Now with the new coating on the 3Gs any screen protector is a must. I hate that coating.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I tried, but couldn't take the feeling of the glass. Seemed to sluggish/tacky.. needed the smoothness of the Anti-Glare.

OMG Anti-Glare is the BEST! I've used it on all of my WM phones and now my iPhone 3G and 3Gs.

I will say that the PS is the best Anti-Glare I've used because the others have been too thick and cause the screen to be unresponsive.

Now with the new coating on the 3Gs any screen protector is a must. I hate that coating.

Funny - to each his/her own. I LOVE the 3GS screen as is - and my daughter, who has had a iPod Touch for a while, loves the screen much better than the glass also. I was in the ATT store the other day and tried one out with a Case-Mate screen protector and did not like that feel at all.

Now, if I were to cover that wonderful screen, I would go Crystal as I want the screen to look as natural as possible.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
The Anti-Glare is still pretty clear. And I don't ever have to deal with fingerprints like I would with a crystal screen protector.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple gave me a Anti Glare for free when I did my last exchange and I like how it doesnt leave smudges but I do not like how it gives it a foggy look. I just tried to buy the Crystal at the Apple store and they are sold out.

BNole

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I just bought the anti-glare and it's awesome. No problems with the installation and it looks great. I saw a friend's iphone with no cover and it was hideous with the fingerprints/oils.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
This is one of those things that are very subjective - what's clear to you may be foggy to him and, frankly, me too.

If it was foggy the screen would be hard to see.

The screen is not crystal clear but it still looks great. The Anti-Glare does not take anything away from the screen.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If it was foggy the screen would be hard to see.

The screen is not crystal clear but it still looks great. The Anti-Glare does not take anything away from the screen.

It was tough for me to read smaller lettering. I went and bought the Crystal from apple on Saturday and I just absolutely love it. Its like I have no screen protector on its so crystal clear. The Anti glare just take away from the beautiful large screen. JMHO

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
It was tough for me to read smaller lettering. I went and bought the Crystal from apple on Saturday and I just absolutely love it. Its like I have no screen protector on its so crystal clear. The Anti glare just take away from the beautiful large screen. JMHO

Sure it is more clear with the crystal product on it, but the finger prints show.

But in the end it's about what makes you happy, not me or anyone else :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sure it is more clear with the crystal product on it, but the finger prints show.

But in the end it's about what makes you happy, not me or anyone else :)

Yes the finger prints show but I just deal with it. Almost impossible to get one that is 100% prerfect all the way around.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I hate the anti glare. On my first iphone, I put it on right out of the box. It worked great. Didn't think anything bad of it.

When I got the 3gs, I put on a crystal one right out of the box not even thinking (I just grabbed the first screen protector I saw, didn't realize there were two kinds). I was amazed at how much clearer the screen was on the 3gs and how much more finger friendly it was (much slicker and pleasant to touch). I quickly realized it wasn't the screen that was different but the protector.

I will never use an anti glare again.

CoryJP

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
just pick up the Anti-Glare protector at your local Apple store youll be satisfied trust me.... no fingerprints or smudges..and great texture when touching the screen..its a MUST!

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Well after a few months i changed my mind and stuck with the anti glare. I used the crystal and i just noticed that it was always dirty, i would clean it and touch the screen and it was a mess again. For the anti glare i would clean it and get a few uses out of it before i would have to really clean the screen at all... And really you dont see much of a difference between the two as for clarity.........

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Well after a few months i changed my mind and stuck with the anti glare. I used the crystal and i just noticed that it was always dirty, i would clean it and touch the screen and it was a mess again. For the anti glare i would clean it and get a few uses out of it before i would have to really clean the screen at all... And really you dont see much of a difference between the two as for clarity.........

Exactly what I was saying. Glad you found what worked best for you. :)