Battery life... for a festival..

andrewb#IM

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Okay I'm going to a couple of festivals. One will just be around 3 days but the other possibly 5. I've got an iPhone 3GS and already notice the battery wears down quite quick despite me not even having my contract sim in it yet, so not been using it as a phone.

I'm aware there are battery cases which last about 1 more full charge.. is there anything else that lasts longer or doesn't need to be recharged from the mains, perhaps batteries?

If not how long do you think it'll last with low usage; just texts maybe short phone calls. Of course I'd love to be able to just take pictures and record videos at the festival but I guess I'll have to sacrifice that!

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
If you only use it for texting and phone calls and switch mail to manual fetch, you will easily last an entire day. Maybe even two. Make sure you turn off wifi, 3G and bluetooth as well.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Okay I'm going to a couple of festivals. One will just be around 3 days but the other possibly 5. I've got an iPhone 3GS and already notice the battery wears down quite quick despite me not even having my contract sim in it yet, so not been using it as a phone.

I'm aware there are battery cases which last about 1 more full charge.. is there anything else that lasts longer or doesn't need to be recharged from the mains, perhaps batteries?

If not how long do you think it'll last with low usage; just texts maybe short phone calls. Of course I'd love to be able to just take pictures and record videos at the festival but I guess I'll have to sacrifice that!
I carry three batteries. Like the Richard Solo 1800 mah best.

Oh, I almost forgot. When my computer is on, I plug my iPhone into it.

Phoebe

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Just Mobile Gum Pro

I use the Just Mobile Gum Pro and like it, it holds 3 full charges when fully charged. Also I didn't want something that attaches itself on to my phone, I prefer the coord. It's also the size of a large gum pack so it's easy to carry around. I carry it in my purse because I can never last a day without getting a 10% warning!

Remove the spaces:

To Buy:
ht tp://w ww.amazon.com/Just-Mobile-iPod-External-Battery/dp/B001BWQTOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1246307846&sr=8-1

iLounge Review:
ht tp://w ww.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/just-mobile-gum-and-gum-pro-portable-usb-power-packs/

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro