Anyone using the Speck Candyshell?

benjimen

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
You've probably decided by now, but, I just got one for my 3GS. Very hard to find, especially the black/gray one, online or in-store. I stumbled onto a new shipment at the Apple Store (they were out when I was there 2 days prior).

Very nice case, perfect combination of materials provide excellent impact protection. The rubbery interior won't scratch the iPhone like the 1st Griffin slider-style case did. A thin line of the chrome peeks through on the front -- looks very slick.

The only negatives I've run into: the power button is more difficult to press and the volume buttons are to easy to press -- annoying when I'm listening to music with the device in my pocket, and having the volume increase from the protruding rubber protected buttons hitting the side of my pocket...

toenniel

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Candyshell with earphones

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, but I had a question about this case myself. I have heard that oversized earphones might have trouble fitting, what is your experience with this on the candyshell case? I use Etymotic ER-4 earphones - do you think that headphone jack would fit? Hm my link didn't work let's try this: www . etymotic . com / ephp / er4 . aspx

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
How's this for resurrecting an old thread?

I have a similar question about the headphone jack. Anybody have a recommendation on which headphone adapter/extender adapter will fit through the cutout in the Speck Candyshell so that it will fully seat?

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
WOW....Blast from the past!!!! LOL

Yeah go to Radio Shack and get the 3mm black cable and then take a razor and just trim one end at an angle to cut away the rubber in a V shape and it will fit perfectly through the case into the port! ;)

Reactions: jaharr

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice, thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone else, perhaps with an adapter that would work out of the box? (I am looking at a 3-pack of Monster adapters for only $5, but not sure if they will fit.)

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
There are adapters but I declined those since they're about a good 2-3" in length and it's a P.I.T.A having such an extension of cord sticking out the top of the phone!

Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2