Speck Candyshell was recommended to me and so far have found excellent reviews on it, just curious before dropping $35 on one if anyone here has had any experience with it, good or bad.

The Ultimate iPhone 3G Case – CandyShell From Speck | MacTruth

Review: Speck CandyShell for iPhone 3G | iLounge

Thanks

Patrick
    06-22-2009 01:55 PM
    You've probably decided by now, but, I just got one for my 3GS. Very hard to find, especially the black/gray one, online or in-store. I stumbled onto a new shipment at the Apple Store (they were out when I was there 2 days prior).

Very nice case, perfect combination of materials provide excellent impact protection. The rubbery interior won't scratch the iPhone like the 1st Griffin slider-style case did. A thin line of the chrome peeks through on the front -- looks very slick.

The only negatives I've run into: the power button is more difficult to press and the volume buttons are to easy to press -- annoying when I'm listening to music with the device in my pocket, and having the volume increase from the protruding rubber protected buttons hitting the side of my pocket...
    08-02-2009 03:13 PM
    Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, but I had a question about this case myself. I have heard that oversized earphones might have trouble fitting, what is your experience with this on the candyshell case? I use Etymotic ER-4 earphones - do you think that headphone jack would fit? Hm my link didn't work let's try this: www . etymotic . com / ephp / er4 . aspx
    08-10-2009 10:20 AM
    How's this for resurrecting an old thread?

I have a similar question about the headphone jack. Anybody have a recommendation on which headphone adapter/extender adapter will fit through the cutout in the Speck Candyshell so that it will fully seat?
    11-02-2011 11:43 AM
    WOW....Blast from the past!!!! LOL

Yeah go to Radio Shack and get the 3mm black cable and then take a razor and just trim one end at an angle to cut away the rubber in a V shape and it will fit perfectly through the case into the port!
    jaharr likes this.
    11-02-2011 11:45 AM
    Nice, thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone else, perhaps with an adapter that would work out of the box? (I am looking at a 3-pack of Monster adapters for only $5, but not sure if they will fit.)
    11-02-2011 11:50 AM
    There are adapters but I declined those since they're about a good 2-3" in length and it's a P.I.T.A having such an extension of cord sticking out the top of the phone!

Good Luck
    11-02-2011 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD