How to protect the back of iPhone in tight cases

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
So I had my iPhone in a Incipio Feather case and it did leaves some marks on the back even though the case was nice and smooth and since I never used the screen wipe apple gives you I cut it to fit the inside of the case to make SURE there are no more scratches on the back from a case....

Yeah it's simple and I'm sure you guys did something like this before but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.....

Cheers!

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
1. It's a nice phone and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is anal about not scratching the **** out of it.
2. Because if you resell it and the back is scratched to hell a lot of people would be turned off by that.
3. So you basically beat the **** out of your phone, good for you, I like to keep mine in mint condition

I do take care of my phones which is why my 3G sold for more than the $400 it cost me for the 3GS.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Awesome :) I love those types.

Wasn't attacking you - just don't see why you would use a case that would damage your phone like that. If it does get scratched that Maguire's Scratch-X is *amazing*

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
It's all about how careful and protective you are with it. Slide the phone in the case gently, be sure to wipe the case down beforehand, etc..

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
So I had my iPhone in a Incipio Feather case and it did leaves some marks on the back even though the case was nice and smooth and since I never used the screen wipe apple gives you I cut it to fit the inside of the case to make SURE there are no more scratches on the back from a case....

Yeah it's simple and I'm sure you guys did something like this before but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.....

Cheers!

What a clever idea! I'm gonna show my dad. His iPhone has always been in a case and the back of it is all scratched up. He'll like this.

joliveria

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
You should possibly look into a better case if it's doing what it's supposed to protect against. Check out the Seidio Innocase II in the TiPb store. So far it's a perfect fit on the phone and also is layered to protect against scratches. That case with the Seidio holster pretty much gets rid of any need for a screen protector also.

It's either the case or you're just too rough with it. I never had a case for my Razor, which I've had for going on four years (before the 3GS) and it doesn't have a mark on it.

antoni

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
@$@#$! My favourite case I've seen so far on the internet is the Incipio Feather and I've ordered one for my iPhone 3G S (which I'm getting this coming Friday). Would you advise against using it then if it scratches the case? Are you sure you didn't clean it out and there was dirt trapped inside which scratched it?

I'm pretty disappointed if the Feather doesn't prevent but causes scratches. It's the only case that provides protection with next to no bulk and keeps the iPhone's slim figure.

itoine

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I dont have a case on mine because i hate the bulkyness. but i was thinking about maybe getting a custom made one in the future but thats a maybe. but i have no visible scractches on mine. i take good care of my phones rarely dropping them or anything. so a case doesnt have to be a option for me but it looks cool.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Awesome :) I love those types.

Wasn't attacking you - just don't see why you would use a case that would damage your phone like that. If it does get scratched that Maguire's Scratch-X is *amazing*

No worries.

I wouldn't use a case that scratches my phone but lots do even though they aren't supposed to.
Incase slider for one advertises it protects from scratches but I'd say more than 1/2 the reviews I see people write, say it scratches the **** out of back of the phone.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
You should possibly look into a better case if it's doing what it's supposed to protect against. Check out the Seidio Innocase II in the TiPb store. So far it's a perfect fit on the phone and also is layered to protect against scratches. That case with the Seidio holster pretty much gets rid of any need for a screen protector also.

It's either the case or you're just too rough with it. I never had a case for my Razor, which I've had for going on four years (before the 3GS) and it doesn't have a mark on it.

OK let me clear this up....I put a case on it to protect getting scratches on the back from lying it down on desk or table tops and it ending up looking like crap.
I am not rough with the phone or case but the feather did leave not so much a scratch but marks from where the main contacts with the case were.

I pulled up Seidio Innocase II and on their site it only shows the Seidio Innocase II Surface. Is that the case you're talking about?
It looks nice and with a felt lining it sounds worth $29.
Does the belt clip thing hold tight or does it loosen with use?

Thanks man!

Patrick

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
@$@#$! My favourite case I've seen so far on the internet is the Incipio Feather and I've ordered one for my iPhone 3G S (which I'm getting this coming Friday). Would you advise against using it then if it scratches the case? Are you sure you didn't clean it out and there was dirt trapped inside which scratched it?

I'm pretty disappointed if the Feather doesn't prevent but causes scratches. It's the only case that provides protection with next to no bulk and keeps the iPhone's slim figure.

No, no, no....It did not so much scratch the case but the way it is designed there are 2 parallel lines going up the inside of the case, not very noticable, but there, and those left 2 marks along the back of the phone....If you just looked at the phone you probably wouldn't see it but if you were LOOKING FOR scratches or marks, then you would notice it.

I would def use feather again as it's an excellent case.

Mine is 2 months old and had to email them about a replacement because I noticed a small crack in the case under the volume buttons.

Def worth the $20 they charge for it...well I got one on ebay for $17 through let_me_sell_that_for_you ebayer

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
OK let me clear this up....I put a case on it to protect getting scratches on the back from lying it down on desk or table tops and it ending up looking like crap.
I am not rough with the phone or case but the feather did leave not so much a scratch but marks from where the main contacts with the case were.

I pulled up Seidio Innocase II and on their site it only shows the Seidio Innocase II Surface. Is that the case you're talking about?
It looks nice and with a felt lining it sounds worth $29.
Does the belt clip thing hold tight or does it loosen with use?

Thanks man!

Patrick

I was looking into this case also YouTube - Seidio Innocase Surface Combo For iPhone 3G

antoni

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I would def use feather again as it's an excellent case.

Mine is 2 months old and had to email them about a replacement because I noticed a small crack in the case under the volume buttons.

Def worth the $20 they charge for it...well I got one on ebay for $17 through let_me_sell_that_for_you ebayer

That's a relief! Oh does it come with a warranty for cracks? That's great for a pretty reasonably priced case. I'm picking one up from ebay for just $23 AUD.

I like the look of the subtle matte back. I'd imagine it'd make the phone nicer to hold. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it.

antoni

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Of course it's a morphius review...this guy never SHUTS UP!!!!

20 minute review?????

"HEY GUYS. IT'S CARLOS. IT'S ME. IT'S MORPHIOUS."

Hahaha. Gotta give respect to a guy who can talk 20 minutes about practically nothing! He's made me impulse buy so many cases though, great reviews.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I assume it comes with a warranty or there is no way in hell I'm buying another one from them since the material most of these cases are made of seem to crack after some use....

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods