How to protect the back of iPhone in tight cases

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
You should possibly look into a better case if it's doing what it's supposed to protect against. Check out the Seidio Innocase II in the TiPb store. So far it's a perfect fit on the phone and also is layered to protect against scratches. That case with the Seidio holster pretty much gets rid of any need for a screen protector also.

It's either the case or you're just too rough with it. I never had a case for my Razor, which I've had for going on four years (before the 3GS) and it doesn't have a mark on it.

I concur. If your case is causing marks and scratches then move on to another.

I am 100 percent vouch for the Speck CandyShell case. That case has GREAT protection and not a single mark on the back of my 3G and it's been in for months. Only downside is the color trim gets dirty as hell. Also some find it a bit big but seriously...Best case I have come across.

Incase Slider (metallic) also does a great job.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
You should possibly look into a better case if it's doing what it's supposed to protect against. Check out the Seidio Innocase II in the TiPb store. So far it's a perfect fit on the phone and also is layered to protect against scratches. That case with the Seidio holster pretty much gets rid of any need for a screen protector also.

The Sedio Innocase II is fantastic, and because of the built in padding I don't have to worry about scratching my iphone.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to THIS thread and watching the Carlos video (lol, I did skim through it to the important parts), I just spent 50 bucks on a combo case (surface innocase 2) and holster. Thanks guys!

joliveria

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
OK let me clear this up....I put a case on it to protect getting scratches on the back from lying it down on desk or table tops and it ending up looking like crap.
I am not rough with the phone or case but the feather did leave not so much a scratch but marks from where the main contacts with the case were.

I pulled up Seidio Innocase II and on their site it only shows the Seidio Innocase II Surface. Is that the case you're talking about?
It looks nice and with a felt lining it sounds worth $29.
Does the belt clip thing hold tight or does it loosen with use?

Thanks man!

Patrick

The belt clip does hold tight but not too tight. The part that holds the top in the holster is spring loaded so it just slides over the top to hold the phone in. Even in the holster none of the buttons are blocked. The holster is by far the best I've used for any phone. Just now I pulled my phone out of the case to double check for scratches. None, but then again... it's only been 3 days. :p

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
The belt clip does hold tight but not too tight. The part that holds the top in the holster is spring loaded so it just slides over the top to hold the phone in. Even in the holster none of the buttons are blocked. The holster is by far the best I've used for any phone. Just now I pulled my phone out of the case to double check for scratches. None, but then again... it's only been 3 days. :p

Thanks....I like it but the only thing that concerns me is 1-The price & 2-reviews that show the case pushing up and bubbling up screen protectors, which I use an anti-glare\anti-fingerprint screen protector since the case comes up and over the bezel.

joliveria

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks....I like it but the only thing that concerns me is 1-The price & 2-reviews that show the case pushing up and bubbling up screen protectors, which I use an anti-glare\anti-fingerprint screen protector since the case comes up and over the bezel.

Yeah both parts can seem high at $60 together. But I can't really offer any different about the screen protector. I got this case/holster set so I really wouldn't need one. Plus I have the 3GS so I don't have to worry about fingerprints either.

So if you have a screen protector it may not be the best thing. However I checked the case out on my phone and noticed that none of the case actually touches the glass screen. It just hooks over the metal (not sure if it's just plastic) part. So I guess it just depends on how tight a fit your screen protector is.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah both parts can seem high at $60 together. But I can't really offer any different about the screen protector. I got this case/holster set so I really wouldn't need one. Plus I have the 3GS so I don't have to worry about fingerprints either.

So if you have a screen protector it may not be the best thing. However I checked the case out on my phone and noticed that none of the case actually touches the glass screen. It just hooks over the metal (not sure if it's just plastic) part. So I guess it just depends on how tight a fit your screen protector is.

thanks. Yeah I have 3gs also but got used to the smooth screen protector but I may not use it afterall since this seems pretty good at not getting all smudged up with the new screen coating.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have been drooling over the cases offered by "Vaja" ever since the first gen iPhone. But they are very expensive. So I went with the agent 18 hardshell, it scratched the bezel. Then I tried another case made out of neoprene, the sport something or other...and my phone kept getting grime build up under the cover.

Now I have decided you get what you pay for and went with the Vaja limited edition black and red! Total cost including shipping $105.00. So far I absolutly love this case! Nice tight fit, almost full coverage for protection, argentinian leather(smells fantastic) and it looks beautiful! It feels real good in my hand, no worries about slipping out of my hand. There are reviews of this case on U-Tube, check it out!

Last edited:

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I used a Black Air Jacket with the rubberized paint on my now sold 3G. For the most part, I loved how slim it was. But even after just a few weeks of use, the bezzel was definitely getting micro scratches due to no protection from the case. It wasn't bad but definitely noticeable. I now use an Inno case and while it protects the 3GS better, I imagine I'll probably go back to the Air Jacket after the newness wears off. The thinness just can not be compared to. But if you are looking for full protection, I'd fo with the Inno, I believe it's the thinnest full coverage case out there.

One more thing- if you do use the Inno, cut a piece of extra screen protector and place it over the Apple logo since there is a circle cut out in the case. When you talk on the handset the index finger tends to rest there and you'll find that piece of shinny plastic seems to scratch real easily.

Last edited:

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the air jacket looks like the incipio feather, but the feather covers more of the outside of the iphone.

I'm not thrilled with the innocase and the pricetag is too high but thanks anyway,,,,,

I'm thinking stick with feather, rebel serpent and maybe a new candyshell case

And I doubt I'll be putting the screen protector back on since it's amazing how fingerprints don't show up on the new 3GS screen....5 minutes on a 3G screen it was all smudged up, 2 days on 3GS and barely any smudges.....awesome!

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I bought an Inspiretech slider case and it is amazing. It is just like the photo posted by Ripnhl2005 without me having to cut up and insert anything. It comes with felt already on the inside of it. Great case and so far no scratches at all. Oh, and I got it off Amazon for $10...great deal!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro