Otter Box Defender

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Great review, I just hope it wont take them long to develop a case for the new iPhone in July.

Nevets68

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I could live with the "watermark" effect.
The belt clip I leave at home...and just carry the phone or put it in my pocket.

I love the otterbox (as it's saved my phone already).

speedbump

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
i use it. the case is a bit big but not too bad... I cut the screen protector part out, cuz i didnt like the watermark effect.

If you use spray on eye glass cleaner you can eliminate the water mark effect... I initially tried using glass cleaning wipes, but they didn't work... the spray on stuff has worked perfectly on two phones here...

SB...

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
i use it. the case is a bit big but not too bad... I cut the screen protector part out, cuz i didnt like the watermark effect.

Wow! I would not have done that. I put an anti-glare screen protector on my iPhone's screen before I put my iPhone in the Otterbox. No "Watermarks" what-so-ever!!:):)

I tried everything else but putting this extra screen protector on the iPhone screen first is the only thing that worked for me. It is perfect!!! The screen is clear as it can be when in the Ottrebox! No glare at all!! I love my Otterbox!:D:D

Nevets68

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
As for putting a screen protector on...I would butttttttt...I don't have the most steady hands around.

I've tried putting on screen protectors on phones I've owned in the past and they always have air bubbles in them (which looks horrible..to me anyways).

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Nice review, and I didn't know you were a firefighter! Great job! I love you guys.

I do roadside assistance for the insurance companies, and over this past weekend we got hammered by the remnants of Hurricane Ida in southeast Virginia. Three straight days of absolutely torrential rain and gale force winds. And yes, I was out those days, completely frozen and saturated. My iPhone was lucky to make it, I was nervous the water sensor was going to get tripped.

So a few days ago I bought a yellow Defender from eBay for $30 with free shipping. I can't wait to get it. I'll put up some pics.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
4122164331_65a4f0ba7b_b.jpg

4122935988_91b71e1d44_b.jpg

4122935850_620c1b400c_b.jpg

4122163979_1733eab9dd_b.jpg

jnickell

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
dock

Does anyone know of a dock/ radio/ clock that works with the defender? I love the case and need a belt clip, but would really like to plug it into my clock or a dock.
Thanks!
Josh

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have or know where to find some good profile pics of this case in comparison to everyday objects? I have the Switcheasy Rebel Serpent and I'm looking into getting this case but I think it may be to bulky for me. Do any stores carry these cases?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know of a dock/ radio/ clock that works with the defender? I love the case and need a belt clip, but would really like to plug it into my clock or a dock.
Thanks!
Josh

I do not think that there is one. I could be wrong. The case encompasses the phone with a lot of protective materials, so therefore you give up access to certain accessories.

In fact be careful of certain after market car chargers. Some have too much "housing" around the pin connector and they will not fit into the case because the "shroud" is so close. I had a Griffin car charger with my iPhone before I got my Otterbox that would not fit up into the housing of the Case. I had to go get a different Griffin that did fit.

The moral of the Story? Test before you buy.:p;)

EDIT: SORRY!!! I almost forgot :eek: that the Otterbox Holster doubles as a stand for it. :D So if you want to us your iPhone as a Clock you can. This feature is demoed in one of the Defender series Videos. I have also attached some pics.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Anyone have or know where to find some good profile pics of this case in comparison to everyday objects? I have the Switcheasy Rebel Serpent and I'm looking into getting this case but I think it may be to bulky for me. Do any stores carry these cases?

I do not have any pics but maybe this will help. With the Otterbox on, the iPhone become about as "thick" as an old Palm Treo. In fact if you are familiar with Palms, it becomes about the size (LxWxD) as an old Palm LifeDrive. The case certain adds some "bulk" to the iPhone but almost no weight at all. The case itself is extremely light.

The clip that comes with the Otterbox is not very good IMO. I can not recommend using it.:( It falls out of the clip WAAY too easy! I usually wear Slacks or Khaki to work and the Ottebox fits easily into my front pocket. I hardly even notice it. In fact, most Jeans that I wear are looser fitting type and the Otterbox also fits easily into the front or back pocket with no problem or discomfort. In fact the case is so durable that I can actually put the phone in my back pocket and sit on it and not worry about breaking my phone!:D

If you wear tight fitting Jeans/Pants you may run into an issue. The Silicon skin does not allow the Case to slid in and out of a pocket very easily. But here is always a Jacket pocket.;)

edb4pax

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Otterbox Defender case

Does anyone use this case? If so what do you think of it.
I love it! I use my iPhone 3GS in the field while surveying new trail alignment projects. It completely surrounds the iphone in a semi-rigid plastic 2-piece frame that includes a sealed no-scratch plastic window. The case halves are fixed with a perfectly matched silicone skin to seal out dirt and duust. I have dropped it in the dirt from chest high- no problems. Just blew off the dirt and it kept on. I am now looking for a cable-connected add-on battery pack to extend my time in the field.

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I've thought about this case but went with the Impact instead.

How much bigger is the Defender compaired to the Impact or Commuter? Also how much more bulk does it add compaired to a Blackberry Cure with a Seidio Extended life battery? Can anybody compare it to that? That's what I came from to an iPhone and kept that in my pocket with a leather case.

I had a Commuter and returned it for the Impact, I wanted something that did not leave the screen so open and the defender looked to bulky at the time so I went with the Impact.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods