The iPhone 3G's screen is sturdy and I've seen it tested under tough conditions. But I wonder if a screen protector is worth it. What are the benefits of it if I never put my screen in danger? It's always in a pouch with the screen faced toward my hip and whenever I'm out of the house I keep an Incase Slider Case.
    06-01-2009 11:33 PM
    they are not very expensive, so why not get one ?

i have always had one on mine since day one
    06-01-2009 11:42 PM
    Do you use the Zagg Invisible Shield. I was looking into that one.
    06-02-2009 12:12 AM
    i had a screen protector on my phone but it got all banged up i took it off and my phone has yet to have a single scratch on it ive dropped it once or twice and its been in and out of my pocket and the screen still is perfect i dont think the screen protectors are worth bothering with
    06-02-2009 12:47 AM
    The glass is probably the most scratch resistant thing on the phone, I wouldn't bother.
    06-02-2009 12:50 AM
    Yeah that's how I felt about it. I think i'll just stick with the Incase Slider Case. Zagg hypes up the screen protector and it honestly doesn't seem worth $20+
    06-02-2009 02:25 AM
    Yeah that's how I felt about it. I think i'll just stick with the Incase Slider Case. Zagg hypes up the screen protector and it honestly doesn't seem worth $20+
    My friend has an screen protector and not only do I think it's a pointless waste of money, it also made the screen look weird and sometimes air bubbles between it and the screen...no thanks!
    06-02-2009 11:30 AM
    I do iPhone repair and I have seen so many phone screens scratched, I would never be without one. So don't be a d-bag and take a chance. They are so cheap.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-03-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    06-03-2009 05:21 PM
    Definitely is worth it.

The Power Support Anti-Glare has done wonders for me..

Not only has kept my screen flawless but also eliminates finger prints and having to constantly wipe them off..
    06-04-2009 01:45 AM
    Definitely is worth it.

The Power Support Anti-Glare has done wonders for me..

Not only has kept my screen flawless but also eliminates finger prints and having to constantly wipe them off..
    This is why I use the Power Support Anti-Glare. It also makes sliding your finger across the screen much easier.
    06-04-2009 04:04 AM
    I guess I'm just careful with my phone? It just looks so nice I hate to throw it behind all this stuff to protect it. To me it's like leaving the plastic on your couch after you buy it
    06-04-2009 11:50 AM
    I guess I'm just careful with my phone? It just looks so nice I hate to throw it behind all this stuff to protect it. To me it's like leaving the plastic on your couch after you buy it
    What he said...
    06-04-2009 11:55 AM
    lol Thats what all of our grandparents did!
    06-04-2009 12:31 PM
    I've went through several different screen protectors. If I'm going to have one, I want one that doesn't acquire fingerprints. That's my main reason for having one as I never had one on my 1st gen and got not one scratch on my phone. The screen is pretty tough and I am always careful with my phones.

Either way - the 2 that I've found to be the best are the Crystal Shields or the Anti-Glare matte ones the Apple store has.

The crystal shield has the same feel as the actual screen, and the matte one has a little bit more of a smooth feel, hard to explain, but kind of like a frosted look. I liked both a lot.

I've used mirror screen protectors and ones of eBay but they never seem to last long. The corners bubble or they start to peel.

The mirror ones acquire fingerprints just as much as the regular screen does, so to me, there's no point. I liked the matte ones because it NEVER acquired fingerprints. I may pick up one of those to put on the new ones if me and the g/f spring for those when they come out. If not, I'll pick up some more for our current 3Gs.
    06-04-2009 01:44 PM
    that is exactly why i use one
    06-04-2009 10:46 PM
    This is why I use the Power Support Anti-Glare. It also makes sliding your finger across the screen much easier.
    Completly agree. I also I've found, if you happen to crack your screen then the crack isn't as bad)

Main reson I got mine was it was easier to slide my finger across the screen.
    06-05-2009 01:11 AM
    I got a three pack of case-mate screen protectors for $10 and they work great.
    06-11-2009 10:12 PM
    Yes sir. My invisible shield has save my screen soooo much. Sometimes I forget and put keys or tools in my pocket. My white iPhone looks brand new cuz I have the invisible shield on it
    06-12-2009 12:18 AM
    My iPhone does not have a single scratch on it. I keep it in my front pocket with the screen facing me and am careful not to put any keys and hard objects on it. I'll never use a screen protector again. Biggest waste of money and time I've ever experienced are screen protectors.
    08-24-2010 01:25 PM
    When I had my first iPhone 4, the FIRST thing I did was get a zagg invisible shield for the front and the back and it worked so well. No bubbles, easy to clean, and didn't take away from the beauty of the phone at all. When i returned my iPhone 4 and peeled off the shield, it looked like I had just gotten it. No dust, scratches or anything. Also, I can't wait to get another iPhone 4. I miss it terribly.
    08-25-2010 03:45 AM
    I'm rocking the PS anti-glare. Limited fingerprints make me a happy camper.
    08-25-2010 07:25 AM
    The glass is probably the most scratch resistant thing on the phone, I wouldn't bother.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't like the look and, more importantly feel, of a screen guard. They simply don't offer the same touch as the glass. I've never had a screen protector on my 3GS or my iP4, and have only had one scratch on my 3GS, and that is from dropping it straight on my keys on a table.

I only have a bumper on my 4 and don't have a single scratch even though I routinely carry the phone in my pocket. I am careful, though, to make sure that it is the only thing in my right pocket.
    08-25-2010 07:56 AM
    I don't like the look and, more importantly feel, of a screen guard. They simply don't offer the same touch as the glass. I've never had a screen protector on my 3GS or my iP4, and have only had one scratch on my 3GS, and that is from dropping it straight on my keys on a table.
    I think it's a matter of preference. I personally like to have my screen covered by the protection film. I have the Ultra Crystal for it's screen clarity and I can't even tell the film is on my iPhone4. It doesn't interfere with the touch screen responsiveness at all. If you had one, you might have different views..perhaps..haha

SGP Steinheil Screen Protection Film for iPhone 4 - Ultra Crystal
    08-27-2010 05:56 PM
    You don't have to worry about the glass. You have to worry about the scratchable oleophobic coating that Apple puts on the front and back. THAT will scratch.
    08-27-2010 10:43 PM
    You don't have to worry about the glass. You have to worry about the scratchable oleophobic coating that Apple puts on the front and back. THAT will scratch.
    I don't know much about the coating other than it helps with fingerprints, but that was something i was wondering. Is it the GLASS that scratches, or the coating? I don't want to use a protector, but i don't want scratches either. If it is in fact the coating that scratches and not the glass, can you buff them out, or get the coating reapplied (in theory) and remove the scratches? Sorry if that is a stupid question, again i don't know much about glass and coatings.

Also, is the coating on the back as well, or just the front?
    08-30-2010 07:52 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD