mophie battery

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
1. Not heavier than expected, but not light in any regard.
2. Yes, can be frustrating to remove.
3. Price is very subjective. I didn't think it cost too much (~$80), but it might be very costly to others.

chris4851

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
This is one of the best designed products I have ever used. Yes it is a bit heavy, but by no means heavier than expected. To me the weight makes the phone feel much more durable, which it is. The additional battery life is unbelievable for heavy iPhone users. I personally do not like to hunt or always plug my device in to charge. I feel that an internal battery should last more than 3-4 hours of regular use but since it cant I highly recommend the Mophie Juice Pack Air.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I bought this case/battery before my iphone even arrived in the mail. Love it! One great thong is that ia uses a micro usb charger to charge the phone. Music sounds better too coming out of the bottom of the case. Highly roccomended.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
1. Not heavier than expected, but not light in any regard.
2. Yes, can be frustrating to remove.
3. Price is very subjective. I didn't think it cost too much (~$80), but it might be very costly to others.

And it cost like $86 to get new iphone battery put in by apple so why not get a nice case + battery.

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Signal strength?

I really want to get one of these, but I'm reading user reviews from the sites that sell them including the apple store and there are quite a few complaints about signal strength reduction. Are any of you having issues with your signal strength while using this case?

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
I really wanted to like this...

Tried this at the Apple Store and am I glad that I did. The weight wasn't an issue for me, and the purple color rocked! The deal breaker for me was docking. In order to dock/charge the pack has to be taken off and this was not an easy task to do! I even had the Apple tech take off for me as I was afraid of breaking. :(

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Mophie Juice Pack Air

I had a difficulty with the micro usb port on mine but Mophie replaced it within a week and the new one is great. It provides great protection for the phone and just the right amount of extra power to get me through the day. I love it and would not trade it for anything. For what it is, the price is right.

Update: July 3, 2009.
I dropped my iPhone on the wood floor in my house and the Juice Pack Air went into 4 pieces. The top piece broke into two pieces and the front and back separated from rest of the unit, exposing the battery and the electronics inside.

I have since returned it to Mophie one more time. We will see how this goes (since I dropped it). I must admit it was far more fragile than I had originally anticipated. As a protective case, it is not very good.

Stay tuned....I will keep you posted.

Last edited:

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and bought one of these. I love the extra power on hand whenever I need it. Its been nice not to have to worry about my battery dying before I get home or find a place to plug it in. As for the reception, I notice no difference with or without the case on. This is on a 3gs. I have the same signal strength regardless. My one gripe however, is that when I watched YouTube reviews and read reviews from other sites everyone stated the pack added a full charge and still had some left over. My experience is if I'm at 20% and flip it on, the fully charged pack only gets me back up to about 65%. This is with wi-fi on and normal use but no bluetooth. I wonder if this has to do with the 3GS having a longer battery life (takes more to charge) than the 3g which most of the reviews I read were based on.

KoukiFC3S

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I think the 3GS just takes more power. I have a Richard Solo and a Kensington battery and they both charge the 3GS less than my old 3G.

Well I bit the bullet and bought one of these. I love the extra power on hand whenever I need it. Its been nice not to have to worry about my battery dying before I get home or find a place to plug it in. As for the reception, I notice no difference with or without the case on. This is on a 3gs. I have the same signal strength regardless. My one gripe however, is that when I watched YouTube reviews and read reviews from other sites everyone stated the pack added a full charge and still had some left over. My experience is if I'm at 20% and flip it on, the fully charged pack only gets me back up to about 65%. This is with wi-fi on and normal use but no bluetooth. I wonder if this has to do with the 3GS having a longer battery life (takes more to charge) than the 3g which most of the reviews I read were based on.

moosc

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
OK i just bought on.. its nice kinda bulky makes phone heavy.. my problem is its to smooth i was hoping for like a rubber back or something. i mean this thing is as slick as the back of your iphone. i thinking it will scratch easy enough.

marioj

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
I've had the Mophie battery case since the first day it was released, and I love it. I do wish it had some texture, wasn't so smooth, but that wasn't a deal breaker. Neither was the fact that it could get scratched; I'd rather have the case scratched, than the phone. You don't have to remove it to sync it, just use the included USB cable and plug it in, iTunes will recognize it as usual. If you allow the phone to go down to 20%, switch over to the battery and then make calls immediately, you might have issue. Otherwise, it's great. I have everything running (3G, WiFi, location services and it last me from 6am to midnight. I never worry about usage, and I use everything, a lot.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
sorry to hijack this thread, but it's somewhat relevant. has anyone tried the incase power slider as another option? it's size/weight seems more than that of this morphie air. but as mentioned earlier the reviewer of the morphie air complained incessantly about reception issues.

i am considering both for my 3gs. problem is, in-case hasn't gotten back to me. i asked if they had a 3gs version of the power slider (only one on their site is for 3g). but the bulk of incase one concerns me. iPhone is such a beautiful device that i'd hate to bulk it up unnecessarily.

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I just had a quick question for those of you who bought one of these Mophie battery cases. I read a bunch of reviews on Amazon for the case, and nearly everyone who purchased one said that the heat from the iPhone would warm the glue that holds the rubber pads to both sides of the case. They said the glue lost its adhesive strength, which meant that the pads came off and sticky glue got everywhere.

Have any of you experienced this problem? The only thing that's keeping me from picking one of these up is the thought of having to scrape adhesive off of my 3G S.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73