Dang...no matter how much I feel I need one, I'm willing to concede to Evil Sperm in post #11.

I only need more juice because I use my iPhone all day long in school to do things like play authentic music and show youtube videos (which are blocked by the system), and that can really drain the battery when there are no plugs near my ELMO projector.
    05-07-2009 11:25 AM
    I am a person that likes to be very connected. I get up the morning and my phone is fully charged. I will immediately turn on my RSS Reader and listen the WallStreet Journal podcast. Then I check the web for personal stuff. I check "ebay saved searches" and make sure there isn't something it has found that I want and need to buy immediately on my iPhone. Then I will check the news on Mobile News and then check my RSS feeds on Google Reader for technology news including the iPhone Blog of course. Then there are a few emails and text messages and the occasional Online Banking. I only pay my bill on the iPhone now as I feel safer then using my Windows Home PC. I get all kinds of notifications on my phone like banking and other alerts. By this time my battery is getting low and It's lunch time so I can go the break room and find place to plug my phone in for an hour and wait...and I still haven't stopped to watch some videos on YouTube or something....or one of my Movies that I have saved. I usually opt to listen to other miscellaneous Podcast like Cnet's The 404 and Buzz OUT Loud and carefully monitor my battery. I work at an office on a computer crunching numbers and formulas on Excel and we are not allowed to plug devices into the wall outlets at our desk 
    05-07-2009 11:38 AM
    Because I work at an Advertising agency and am constantly on sets where getting juice is a challenge. Most of us in the advert world are also Iphone/Apple junkies and an accesory this cool will make me cooler than everyone else and I'm sure you can empathize! ;-)

But more importantly, I am the father of a four and two year old. When dad needs a little break, or to make the morning commute a little more bearable, dad hands over the Iphone to the kids to play their favorite games. Of course by the time i have to pick them up from daycare, battery is dead and insanity ensues. So really, I need this to help save my sanity.
    05-07-2009 11:40 AM
    I recently discovered Geocaching and been using the application for the iPhone. The thing is, it drains the battery so bad that I have to interrupt my geocaching sessions because of it. This case/battery pack would be soooo handy!!!

Thanks!
    05-07-2009 11:45 AM
    I'm a first year law student and depend HEAVILY on my iphone:

This is my typical day:

Wake up at 6AM and before I leave the house by 7AM, I use the phone to check the weather, read the news (AP NEWS; Sportstap) , and check any emails I may have gotten from fellow students & faculty, etc.

When I get to school, I walk about 6 blocks in the morning (I'm cheap & not willing to pay $350 to park in the school lot) so I am blasting music to make the walk more enjoyable. When I get to school by 8AM, I start using ER Ultimate for ambient noise in the law library to help me read & prepare for class, while minimizing the chatter & noise inside the library. So ER Ultimate is playing from 8-10AM. By this time at least 10-25% of battery is gone.

I also update or enter new tasks & notes for myself in Todo & Notebook, just so I can stay on top of everything and make sure nothing gets lost in the shuffle. As I get ready to move to class I also like to check ABA journal, to see what is going on in the law world...

I log onto the school's wifi to talk to my mom via SKYPE, who is in Korea just to say hello & chat, before walking into class.

Then during lunch I like to listen to music, go on FML, Twitter, Beejive and catch up w/ friends, etc.

By the time 3pm rolls around, my battery is pretty much at 50% or lower, (also the law building is made of old school stones, so reception isnt that great, which also adds to the drain....)

By the time I get home (usually between 5-7pm, depending on how much I slave in the library) battery is pretty much nonexistent on days I use the phone intensly, and have to charge it, which is annoying since I either use the USB or the plug but cant walk around the house w/ the phone...

So having the juice pack would really make my life hassle free, since I wouldnt have to constantly check my battery level & plan ahead. It would allow me to concentrate on school, instead of worrying about battery & not being able to use my phone as much as a I want.

I also dont like to carry my USB cord, since I had to get 2 of them replaced (my bookbag apparently likes to chew cords up, since I started law school this year, replaced 2 iphone USB cords and 1 macbook charger, because the cords frayed in the shuffle)

Basically I depend on it as a window to teh world, & I would really be stoked if you guys PICKED ME!!!
    Last edited by Cheebahawk; 05-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    05-07-2009 11:49 AM
    i am a exchange admin who needs to support ppl using blkberry. Need my Iphone to support my corporate blkberry users... need more power... need this...
    I work Helpdesk for a 100+ person office and am constantly away from my desk doing tickets with only my iPhone to check email and keep up with tickets. Most days I have to recharge at least twice.
    The iPhone is labeled as a wireless device. Therein lies the problem, it is not always a wireless device - because it is always plugged in to an outlet. Help me, help my iPhone.
    05-07-2009 11:52 AM
    i need one of these cause i'm planning a week long back-packing trip with my brothers, and we'll be without power all week! this puppy would be so sweet for this trip!

thanks
    05-07-2009 11:52 AM
    I am a physician and often while on call, I will sleep on a couch in the living room to prevent waking up my wife with multiple phone calls. I bring my iPhone with me but there isn't a convenient plug to keep it charging next to me. This often leads to a dead battery if I don't get to charge it at my desk the next morning. A Mophie Juice Pack that I could keep charged in an inconspicuous place in our living room would allow me to keep using the iPhone when I'm on call, while keeping it fully charged for the next day at work.
    05-07-2009 11:53 AM
    Well like everyone else here I use my iPhone a lot. In fact I find that I have to curb the use of many features in order to get me through the day. I would love to be able to play a couple of games of tiger woods or flight control without constantly worrying if there is enough juice left for a phone call. However, the worst part is when I'm listening to the tiPB podcast and my battery is nearly dead. The mophie juice pack would let me listen and play a game with no concern about battery life issues.
    05-07-2009 11:53 AM
    I always run out of battery when I play games. It would be really nice if I won this.
    05-07-2009 11:55 AM
    the iPhone is the all in one multimedia tool for my family. A typical day: iPhone wakes me up, I check AccuWeather App, check my Google Reader in iPhone as I am making the bottle for my kid, making coffee, etc.. especially since the kid takes over the only TV in the morning and the computer is on the otherside of the house. Then when I take the kid to school, as we are onthe highway, he uses the iPhone for all the kid apps I loaded. ABC Match, ABC Animals, Bee Book, etc. I get to work and I have to conserve my iPhone usage since we cannot have iTunes loaded at work and I don't have an extra outlet power source to bring to work. I check any sites that are blocked (non-pron) on my iPhone, and during my bathroom breaks I use it to pass the time. Then the ride home after I get the kid at daycare, he uses it again. By the time I get home, I have about 25% battery and heavens forbid if I can't go straight home!!! I get on edge because i don't want to overuse and drain all the battery from the phone in case there is an actual emergency!!! Plus, my wife uses it to check her email for work when we are en route to whatever location since she works with kids trying to get them into college.

Well, in a nutshell, I NEEED this and can definitely use this!
    05-07-2009 11:55 AM
    I'm a Civil Engineer who is always traveling for work. I've been to 6 different countries in the last 5 months for work. The work ranges with going into 3 world countries to help out with some volunteer building work, to on-site geotechnical soil testing. This would be great for all the traveling that I do. I could really use this.
    05-07-2009 11:58 AM
    For starters, I'm in the Army. My day starts about 0430 and inevitabely someone is calling me by 0500 to tell me why they can't come to physical training. Then afterword, its not unusual to get a few calls about who has some appointment and can't get to work on time at 0800. Then my bosses call me to ask why things are messed up that I dont know anything about. Plus I have a tendency to take out some of my daily aggression on various 1st person shooters. I get off between 4 and 5, and usually Im Facebooking or playing some game while the wife watches her reality t.v. shows that I cant stand just so I can spend some time with her. 12 hour work days make for a sad iPhone.
    05-07-2009 12:00 PM
    Dear TiPb,

Happy birthday. Best of luck blowing out the candle on your Zippo app!

---Begin dramatic theme music---
    I am professing my desire to help you find a loving home for the mophie Juice Pack 3G. I am employed at a university full-time as the sole television and video engineer for our Mass Communication program (A job that I LOVE but it involves a LOT of work and stress dealing with students, two radio stations, a television station, newspaper and yearbook organizations, and an online news magazine... but working in education doesn't exactly bring down the big $$). On top of that workload I am also a graduate student studying to become a full-time teacher. My typical day mean jumping refreshed from between the sheets (Read: falling from the mattress in a pile of sub-humanity after reaching for my iPhone alarm clock) to jog into work before the 8AM classes get rolling. Throughout the day I use my beloved iPhone to monitor our Xserves, keep an eye on our labs, and manage my student employees via dozens of text messages and emails. In fact, I have cancelled my office voicemail and I have message that reroutes callers to leave an email as the quickest route to contact me anywhere (thanks iPhone!). I an typically on-campus until 10 or 11 at night working with student television programs, training sessions, leading our independent filmmakers club, or sitting in my grad classes sneaking RSS updates from the web on my phone.

I also travel on behalf of the university doing research, recruiting, and training seminars. Although I am a MAC ADDICT I have to travel without my Mac to stay light. It is on these trips that my iPhone and I bond like two characters in a Pixar buddy-flick.... but not all is bliss. There are times when the iPhone 'bromance' become a Romeo-and-Juilet star-crossed scenario... as the battery wanes and we are forced to steal brief glances at each-other as time wastes away... getting just enough 3G airtime to checkin online for my flight home. As my iPhone breaths its last gasping low-voltage breaths I secure a seat NOT next to the 400lb circus woman seated in seat 12c. When it comes to my phone and I, I become The Infatuate; much like 'The Graduate, but with less Dustin Hoffman and old-woman hot flashes, and more me and flash memory...

Oh TiPb, will you rush to the aid of my beloved and much-used iPhone and I before our next trip or late-night class plunges a dagger into the heart of our silicon-chip romance?

Keep it rocking guys! Happy Birthday!
    -Will Murphy
    05-07-2009 12:12 PM
    Having this battery pack/case could greaty improve my iPhone experience. First my day starts out with me waking up checking my myspace facebook rss reader and my bejive IM app. Once I get in school I'm constantly IM'in/texting or surfing the web like now. Then after school me and my band practices and my singer is constantly looking up lyrics. By the time I'm home my battery is practicly gone and has died on me often while on a conversation with my gf. And on the weekend I'm practicly never home so I have to use edge =/. So pretty much what I'm saying is having this battery pack would help me out alot.
    05-07-2009 12:13 PM
    i NEED a mophie juice pack because the iphone battery won't last on 3+ hrs on the trail while gps tracking with trailguru. i'm an avid mountain biker and use trailguru as a training tool keeping track of distance, elevation, speed, pace, etc. basically, i can't get through a whole training session on a full charge.
    05-07-2009 12:15 PM
    Recently at I was at the Detroit Red Wing Playoff Game and I was uploading pictures throughout the game to friends and family to share the experience. Unfortunately coverage was spotty at the arena and my battery drained quickly. After 3 hours my once full battery was near flat and I faced an hour and half long commute home. The Mophie would have been an ideal solution giving me piece of mind and time to get through the day....
    05-07-2009 12:16 PM
    Sure, just like everyone else here, I use my phone constantly at work to check and fetch email, listen to internet radio, download new apps, etc., but my iPhone has become so much apart of my life that I'm genuinely sad when it's drained and dead by the end of the day. I'm constantly snapping photos, checking Facebook and Google Maps is my cars navigation system. But on top of all of that, I travel from Los Angeles to Miami more often than I want to admit, and the 5 hour plane ride (not to mention the hour or two of waiting time prior to boarding) eats my phone's battery alive. The 5 hour flights can be grueling, and I can't sleep on a plane for the life of me, so I'm usually watching at least a movie or two, playing games, listening or watching podcasts, pretty much doing anything to forget the fact that I'm on a plane. The worst part though is that once my plane lands, my battery is either dead or at 10% and it's usually at least an hour or two until I get to my destination and plug my phone in for a recharge. So all that said, I really do NEED a mophie!
    05-07-2009 12:25 PM
    The main reason i need one not because i want it my day start at 8 am by 2 pm most of the juice is gone by 5 if am lucky i get 20 % i take bus on the way back home so if am lucky i get home and charge my phone in my job they dont allow us to charge the phone so i cant really waste time during the day because will be waste of charge so i guess this accesory will be perfect for me .
    05-07-2009 12:28 PM
    Hi,I'm new here and I travel alot. so number one my iphone's battery dies after a plane ride or extended time of use! This would be great, because I would be able to use iphone as a phone, music player and MAYBE a video player!
    05-07-2009 12:29 PM
    I've been needing to buy this for a while, so I'm thrillled at the chance to win one!

Like most of us, the battery life on my iphone is insufficient with normal use. Since I'm always on the go, I have to constantly dock my iphone at every opportunity. This is very inconvenient, yet still manageable.

However, I also have a 7-yr old girl who "shares" my iphone. Unfortunately, my little girl has not yet mastered the art of battery management and has also been disapointed more than a few times when there just isn't enough juice. Imagine the look of disapointment when a child cannot finish watching her Spongebob video. If that doesn't work, imagine her parents' look of depair after realizing that we are in a nice restaurant and entries have not yet been served.

I need the Mophie Juice Pack! ....Or a second iphone, but that's for another contest
    05-07-2009 12:31 PM
    I'm one of the lucky ones that got Netshare (iphone tethering program) when it was up for a day. When using it to watch a netflix movie or if a couple people are using the connection it drains the battery faster than it can charge it. The iPhone is plugged in the whole time too. I usually have to stop using the internet before i'm ready to stop to let the phone charge backup. The mophie would give me plenty of surf time.

Secondly I travel from Portland Oregon to Boston Mass for work and I have to be careful how much I use the phone for entertainment on the flight. I usually end up with a near dead battery by the time I get to the hotel.

Looks like Mophie would be a great addition for me.

Korey
    05-07-2009 12:37 PM
    In the summer months I ride my bicycle, self-supported, throughout the country. This summer I'll be taking the train from St. Louis to Chicago, where I'll bike to Lake Itasca in Minnesota, and from there I'll follow the Mississippi back to St. Louis. I'll also be biking across Iowa with the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI). In past treks--for example, last summer from St. Louis to Durango, Colorado--I've used a solar charger for my iPhone, which sometimes worked, or I've bumbed power outlets during rest stops in small towns. But it always seemed that late in night, in my tent in Wherever, USA, I had to shut down my iPhone because power was almost nil. The juice pack would be a great addition to my gear this summer. I could depend upon it for power most of the time, use my solar charger during low power moments, and every two days or so charge the pack fully. My wife would also be happy in that I could more often keep in touch with her.
    05-07-2009 12:37 PM
124 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD