iPhone + Pico Projector experiences?

Gl0ry

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to send everything shown on he iPhone 3G's screen to the video output and not just videos? I'm especially interested in outputting the image and sound while running apps (games).

I'm asking because, I've seen these new "pico projectors" on a bunch of tech blogs and they seem like a good way to share videos and photos, but there are so many out there and I can't really tell which one would work best with an iPhone. I don't need anything fancy, just something small that I can carry easily in my school bag that's battery powered and can project a 30-40" image on a wall or ceiling. An built-in speaker would be great so that I don't have to use headphones all the time.

Anybody here have first hand experience with these things?

Victoria

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Outputting the iPhone display to a TV screen is in the works!
The output is currently only 20 frames per second, while most commercial games are around 30fps. If the iPhone and iPod Touch can reach those speeds, it will be all the more better. All together, the whole development process to get this feature integrated into their game only cost the company about three hours of work, which was mostly due to XCode provisioning issues. When this hits Super Monkey Ball, you can definitely count me in! Who needs an Apple TV for YouTube when you can use your iPhone now?

bastard6688

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I cannot WAIT to have the iphone display / games outputted!! Will all the games be supported??

To answer your question, Gl0ry, I am currently using the aaxatech.com P1 Micro projector ($239 at AAXA Technologies - Advanced Nano-LCoS Systems - Pico Projectors, Video Displays, OEM Development). This projector is pretty bad ass, has a dedicated ipod cable, 52"+ videos/pictures >easily< in the dark.... I recommend this unit it's brighter and higher resolution than what apple is selling (optoma) although you might be disappointed by the onboard speaker (I normally just use headphones).

Last edited:

Gl0ry

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
FINALLY... the AAXA P1's just came off backorder (they said the recent reviews boosted demand quite a bit)... and MINE is on it's way!! :D

I can't wait for it to come in and play with it. I'm going to compare it with using a buddies full-size projector. I'm sure it won't have a comparable level of brightness, but I need something I can carry around that I don't have to plug into the wall.

I know some of you have been waiting for these to come off backorder too... l'll work on a little write up and we can compare notes.

Please feel free to PM me about the projector if you're interested :)

BTW, does anyone know if the Apple has any pans to do full screen mirroring anytime soon? I guess it's not a big deal since I'd need to have the iPhone in my hand to operate it anyways, but it would still be cool to be able to see everything projected anyways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711