Ivy Skin Quattro T4

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have been using my ivolution grip case for my iPhone for a while and like it because it gives more grip without really adding anything to the iPhone other than nice looking leather on the back.

But sometimes I wish I had a more protective case, I've tried many that I ended up not liking. I recently found the Quattro T4 from Ivy Skin. It's a hardshell with some kind of soft coating on the outside for better grip. But it's main feature is a built in GLASS screen protector. I tried the Xylo T3 from Ivy Skin and it has a built in plastic protector. I ended up not liking that it flexed and stuff when I would use the iPhone to use the screen.

The reviews on the Quattro are mixed to an extent. Many say it is awesome and that the screen suffers no loss of sensitivity with the glass protector built in. The only real problem I see in some reviews is people say there is a rainbow effect sometimes on the protector in contrast to a dark or white screen on the iPhone.

I was wondering if anyone is using this case? At $45 it's pretty pricey (although still less than the Vaja case I have) but the built in glass protector has me interested in the total protection it could offer.

Thoughts?

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I watched the vids they have on there site about it. It looks like it might be a good case but I dont know about the 45 dollar price tag. I would have to see one in person.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Yea I was hoping they would have them at Best Buy or something so I could see it in person. Anyone actually have one? Or see one in action?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I guess you are ordering one? I went a head and ordered one last night. After some more searches I found a bunch of youtube videos where people review it and show it working on their iPhone. All the reviewers really liked the look and feel of the case and did say the glass screen was really really good, felt just like the iPhone's screen they said.

So hopefully the 2 day shipping is legit because I'm excited for it.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I went a head and ordered one last night. After some more searches I found a bunch of youtube videos where people review it and show it working on their iPhone. All the reviewers really liked the look and feel of the case and did say the glass screen was really really good, felt just like the iPhone's screen they said.

So hopefully the 2 day shipping is legit because I'm excited for it.

Let us know how you like it!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So my Quattro T4 arrived today from IvySkin. First impression upon taking it out of the box, wow. It looks really good. It has a soft touch feel that feels like the case of the Tmobile Dash if you have ever held one. It's almost like silicon but it's not, it is clearly a hard shell.

The iPhone fits inside very snug which I like. When you put it in I would say be careful though, the silent switch catches on the portion and you kind of have to wiggle it and do some moving to get it in. Once it's in everything is great.

The real highlight, the built in screen protector is amazing. I don't know if it's really glass or not. It is pretty thin but solid, it might be some kind of glass composite. But in any case, the thing freaking works great. No flex at all when you are using the iPhone (the Xylo T3 has a lot of flex). There doesn't appear to be any loss of sensitivity on the iPhone's screen while in the case. There is good access to the corners of the screen. The sleep/wake button and volume rocker are covered by silicon. There is a plug to put in the dock connector that feels secure. The back poriton of the case also slides off easily allowing the iPhone to fit inside a dock without removing the iPhone from the case.

Overall, this may finally be "the one" case that I have wanted. It feels great in your hand and doesn't add that much bulk. The soft touch case doesn't appear to attract or hold any lint (or finger prints) and is very easy to grip, doesn't feel like it will slip out of my hand. The screen protector also appears to not be showing my greasy finger finger prints either like the iPhone's screen. I would highly recommend this case, it's $45 bucks but I don't think you can get better protection than this.

zigzagg

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've been using this case for over 4 months now. It it by far the best iPhone 3gs case in the market.
The touch screen guard is amazing an its design and style complements the iPhone. I would highly recommend it.

RickM

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
RickM

I have had the T4 case for five months now and just would like to let everyone here know that it is the worst case I have ever had. At around 60 days, the outer silicone started coming off of the case. At around 90 little slivers of plastic started peeling away at the edges of the two halves then larger cracks started appearing. This would not concern me if I were hard on the phone and case but I am a 56 year old individual that works in an engineering office and am very meticulous in the care of my things. I have contacted Ivyskin twice and have not heard back either time so customer support seems to be as good as the case. I purchased the T4 special edition and it was 59.99 off of their site so I feel that the case was way overpriced for what it is. I have friends that have incase products that they just love so I am looking into that as my replacement case. I would normally not be writing such a review but for the fact that Ivyskin had multiple chances and did not bother to respond, I feel that it is important to let other people know before they are seperated from their hard earned cash for an inferior product. I noticed on their web site that they now have the new and improved version so they know the product was bad.

arjen20

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.
Guys i bought new ipad last week and i need some good looking skin on it, So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing iphone skins?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73